+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Which MMORPG players have the worst attitudes/personalities?

Default Which MMORPG players have the worst attitudes/personalities?

Based on 5 months of playing RIFT, I find that there are some people I encounter in the game or the forums I would not invite over to my house.

Here are my top candidates:

- PVPers: there's always some person yelling out rude comments or insulting a team member during PvP WFs -> but you can put them on ignore, and enjoy the pvp, as it really is a single player activity, in a group context (e.g. I do my best to heal, run a stone, defend a flag, carry the fang, etc. regardless of other's personalities);

- Forum PVPers: some forum pvpers are rude, and the forum pvp can get quite personal, especially when the holy cow of gear disparity is brought up. -> but you don't have to read the forums, and it does not affect the way you play or enjoy the game;

- Raiders: some of these guys (yet to encounter a rude female raider) have a super elitist attitude. I guess if you run the same instance >50 times, it is OK to insult the player who is in there for their first time. Not. -> but this only really happens in pug groups in my experience, so if you are in a guild, this is not always the case. And, they force you to "join us in...", giving you the opportunity to listen to...well, just about anything. Some of it can be quite funny and fun, but there are those times when the conversation makes you cringe.

- Raid leaders: specifically pug raid "leaders", who think that the ability to bringing a pug group together, automatically makes them a leader. Nope, it doesn't. Having run an instance many times also doesn't. Worse, these people always force you to "join us in Vent/Mumble/Team Speak", so you get to listen to their drivel, and insulting/humiliating comments to newer player who make mistakes.

Anonymity very rarely brings out the best in us.

So, my vote goes to: pug raid leader

And before you say it, sure, maybe I should rather be playing a single player game. True enough, Skyrim lying on desk, waiting for pvp fascination to wear off.
    Comox, R31, retired

they all share horrible attitude distribution in my opinion , i mean from each aspect of the game , pvp or pve , raider or w/e , it has requirement to do it well , and most , not some, arent here to help they are here just to start and do it , and finish it with 0 mistakes , thos who rush , ignore , disrespect the true aspect of GRADUAL improvement system game based MMORPG'S cause such issues

but know this , the longer that play continues to play game with his constant logic/behavior/attitude , it will get worse by time , because he will face newbies or trolls on daily bases , is it will get horrible more and more each day/month , there must be something done about it , otherwise it will start affecting the little age audience aka kids who just play game to enjoy not knowing its dedication part

and i deeply hate and pitty on thos *grown up's * who treat thos kids with cruelty and disrespect they are no guilty of anything unless having fate to meet you*
    derp

I guess PVPers for me are the worst kind.

Used to be a hardcore raider myself and could get pretty elitist (though always would stay positive and rather give some guidlines if they wanted to listen). End game raiders can easily get elitist, especially those who have just begun cracking the hard content and think they are all that. Those who have raided hard content for a long time usually don't feel the need to show off their feathers as much.

PVPers on the other hand are just... they are elitist jerks most of them. I even noticed the attitude change in myself when I first started PVPing as well. Suddenly I was losing my temper over small mistakes and raging all over the place. I can understand why PVPers are angry, there is just something in that way of playing that makes the adrenaline pump even if you want it to or not.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

Lol, you really think this thread is gonna be aloud to live? Troll!

3...2.....1.....Threadlock!

I usually enjoy PvPers personalities. They'll be jerks in the warfront but usually right after they're like 'Man. I nerd raged so hard. My bad guys, wanna go do something else?' and they're friendly again. I'm usually one of the people they DON'T include in their Warfront rants though, unless they're complimenting my heals, so I'm never offended.

As for raiders, I think I lasted a whole two days in a hardcore raiding guild before I said "Screw this" and left, not because I was offended by their Elite personalities, but rather because I found them HILARIOUS and could never take them serious. And the last thing I wanna do is end up laughing hysterically at some guy yelling at me over a video game.

I'm a forum PvPer myself and don't take myself or anybody else entirely too seriously. I'll forum PvP with you, and then ask to pocket heal you ingame because I didn't take anything personally. Most of it is pent up stress from other things anyway, and somebody has to be your verbal punching bag. I volunteer myself. :P

I think I'd have to go with...

HARDCORE ROLEPLAYERS.
    Now most are nice, but those small few who are ABSOLUTELY against somebody joining an RP server and not RPing. Yes, they do exist, and they're nasty as all hell. I can honestly say, roleplayers know how to get downright offensive. And instead of attacking gear/playing ability like PvPers or Raiders, they'll attack YOU as a person, based on anything they've noticed about you, so it's a lot more personal. You say one thing and they'll infer something else, and rag on you for it for ages.
    I've done so much as ask a simple question, only for a Roleplayer to insult me and then spend 40 minutes arguing with me about how my question was stupid to begin with, and should of never been asked.

I love most RPers cause they're usually the most friendly people online you'll find but... they do have some really nasty ones in there.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by saboikie View Post
    Based on 5 months of playing RIFT, I find that there are some people I encounter in the game or the forums I would not invite over to my house.

Here are my top candidates:

- PVPers: there's always some person yelling out rude comments or insulting a team member during PvP WFs -> but you can put them on ignore, and enjoy the pvp, as it really is a single player activity, in a group context (e.g. I do my best to heal, run a stone, defend a flag, carry the fang, etc. regardless of other's personalities);

- Forum PVPers: some forum pvpers are rude, and the forum pvp can get quite personal, especially when the holy cow of gear disparity is brought up. -> but you don't have to read the forums, and it does not affect the way you play or enjoy the game;

- Raiders: some of these guys (yet to encounter a rude female raider) have a super elitist attitude. I guess if you run the same instance >50 times, it is OK to insult the player who is in there for their first time. Not. -> but this only really happens in pug groups in my experience, so if you are in a guild, this is not always the case. And, they force you to "join us in...", giving you the opportunity to listen to...well, just about anything. Some of it can be quite funny and fun, but there are those times when the conversation makes you cringe.

- Raid leaders: specifically pug raid "leaders", who think that the ability to bringing a pug group together, automatically makes them a leader. Nope, it doesn't. Having run an instance many times also doesn't. Worse, these people always force you to "join us in Vent/Mumble/Team Speak", so you get to listen to their drivel, and insulting/humiliating comments to newer player who make mistakes.

Anonymity very rarely brings out the best in us.

So, my vote goes to: pug raid leader

And before you say it, sure, maybe I should rather be playing a single player game. True enough, Skyrim lying on desk, waiting for pvp fascination to wear off.
    Players like yourself that come to the forums and complain about gear gaps, and yet don't want to put more than a few hours to have the top gear and be competitive with everyone else that did a much longer grind. Also players that come to the forums and make stupid topics about other players!

Soulwalker

personally, worst attitude for me are the chat trolls - I have so many on ignore now it's unreal - bad raid leaders I can live with - I can always leave the raid, but really don't want to turn off 50 chat so have to put up with MAJOR trolling and complete w*nkers going on about my little pony - you know who u are you plank.....

Humans play Rift. Enough said.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    I think I'd have to go with...

HARDCORE ROLEPLAYERS.
    Now most are nice, but those small few who are ABSOLUTELY against somebody joining an RP server and not RPing. Yes, they do exist, and they're nasty as all hell. I can honestly say, roleplayers know how to get downright offensive. And instead of attacking gear/playing ability like PvPers or Raiders, they'll attack YOU as a person, based on anything they've noticed about you, so it's a lot more personal. You say one thing and they'll infer something else, and rag on you for it for ages.
    I've done so much as ask a simple question, only for a Roleplayer to insult me and then spend 40 minutes arguing with me about how my question was stupid to begin with, and should of never been asked.

I love most RPers cause they're usually the most friendly people online you'll find but... they do have some really nasty ones in there.
    YUP. I play on Faeblight, and I agree 100% that hardcore RPers have a huge stick up their youknowwhat (we can't curse here right?). I wanted to shake this one person who asked in Meridian chat: "How do I report someone for violating RP name violations?" When asked, it turns out the accused criminal went by the name of some obscure mythological creature. He's complaining about that, when his name was an adjective in the English dictionary. "Hey, this is Vicarious, and I'd like to report Empousa for violating the RP handbook for naming guidelines. Knowing that Empousa exists on this shard is going to ruin the RP experience and destroy our RP community and then I won't be able to sit in a tavern for 24 hours straight emoting. Wahhh"

They seriously need to get a freaking life.

(Disclaimer: Those were not their actual names - I was just using an example).

That said, most RPers are the most mature players in the game, and they are also the nicest. I've played on 6 different shards, and Faeblight blows all the rest out of the water in terms of politeness, maturity, and overall fun people.
    Last edited by finnb46; 07-15-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Mei

the people who make these threads
    Fluent

Hands down, no argument. The worst MMO gamers are the immersive rp pve'ers over at Hello Kitty! Online.

If I see one more smug sweat drop emote I'll punch a toddl...wait...what? Take this seriously? My bad.
    Last edited by EnochianCub; 07-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

Rift Disciple

In defense of pvp'ers you have to remember we're ultra competitive.
    We aren't inherently mean people, quite the opposite. But as any athlete will tell ya psychology is a big part of competition.
    When you're in a WF and someones chattering away at ya try to ignore it.....You let us in your head and we've already won the game.
    Are we bad people that ya shouldnt allow in your home? I dunno are all Americans bad? Are all Canadians?
    Who's worse the people out front with thoughts or the people quietly sitting judging others?

Quote Originally Posted by saboikie View Post
    A bit of a story I'd like to share. I've only been playing for a month as some of you might know, but about a week ago, I started up a group for a raid rift so I can continue in my Saga of the Endless quest. Needless to say, I was extremely terrified of leading a group since I was still new to the game, but many of the pugs I got were more than happy to explain the phases of the raid rift and it went well with no wipes I've led my own guild before on WoW, but I just took care of the guild aspects while I had someone else raid lead and stuff :P As far as the whole vent/mumble/ts thing, I think it's recommended imo if you're taking on one of the harder raids, which I'd imagine would be something like HK or ID, but if a pug leader is condescending, you don't have to put up with that crap and drop group.

Anyway, from that list, I'd honestly list PvPers. I've had bad experiences with PvPers on RuneScape and WoW.

Proud Rift player since June 2012.
    Legionnaire Demichelis the Colossus Crusher - Bahmi Warrior - Faeblight US
    The Sound and The Fury reawakens from his slumber.

Everyone that posted above me.

I dont think many forum pvpers take anything seriously.

I can ***** you out on the forums and party with you later as if nothing happens.

However, ive had a long history of mutual discontent with RPers. I dont know why, but each and every time ive had the horror of interacting with RPers, it has been a nightmare and a half, to the point where i have to log off for a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast