+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Which MMORPG players have the worst attitudes/personalities?

Rift Disciple

If I look at the last 3 MMOs I've personally played, World of Warcraft, SW:ToR, and Rift, I can honestly say that Rift has the most consistently hateful and rude players. I suspect that most of them are playing Rift because they got banned from WoW and didn't want to start over.

That being said, PVP, raiders, etc. I've had the worst experience with PUG raid leaders, and raiders in general. When I was in a Raid guild in WoW, I had to bite my tongue 24/7 and keep myself in the "good grace" of the guild leader despite his consistently ****ty decisions. In PVP, I could be myself and say whatever I wanted. My Arena team was 3 players deep, and since skill matters in Arenas (doesn't matter in raids - at all), I could be rude and arrogant as I wanted and people would still be forced to play with me because they knew that they weren't going to find a better Sub. Rogue for their RMP/RLS. Also since there is no "loot order" there just tends to be less conflict over all. Don't get me wrong, about 2-3 times a day I get harassed by the team we just beat in the Arena, but that's to be expected, and easily correctable with /ignore.
    Last edited by AlphaUnicorn; 07-16-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saboikie View Post
    - Raiders: some of these guys (yet to encounter a rude female raider) have a super elitist attitude. I guess if you run the same instance >50 times, it is OK to insult the player who is in there for their first time. Not. -> but this only really happens in pug groups in my experience, so if you are in a guild, this is not always the case. And, they force you to "join us in...", giving you the opportunity to listen to...well, just about anything. Some of it can be quite funny and fun, but there are those times when the conversation makes you cringe.
    You should see some of the women in our guild LOL.
    Jeez. When they insult, they insult. :D
    you saw nothing
    Nadola
    <Stack on Eight>
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE

- People who think that they have a good enough attitude to start threads like this

I run into people with a bad attitude in every layer of the game, the same goes for people with a good attitude.

But mainly people who want everything but dont wanne do **** for it. People who want to raid, but dont want to do grinding for the required gear or resist. People who want to PVP but then whine that they are killed by higherranked players
    People who want to join pug-raids, but then dont want to follow their rules(like join vent)
    People who NEED on **** that everybody can use(Eternal Planar Dust, etc)
    People who cant take critism, and who take everything so serious(dude its a game)

can go on and on btw :P these people you find in all layers, may this be PVP, PVE or RP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaUnicorn View Post
    If I look at the last 3 MMOs I've personally played, World of Warcraft, SW:ToR, and Rift, I can honestly say that Rift has the most consistently hateful and rude players. I suspect that most of them are playing Rift because they got banned from WoW and didn't want to start over.
    Rift has by far the best community of the 3 imo.
    But a lot of that depends on what servers you were on offcourse
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-17-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

edit timer run out :S

For me personally its the reason to play on a RP server, for the generally better and mature community.

Forum I dont take seriously, ever.

Most problems begin with yourself, people forget that.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

I'm a big fan of the OP complaining about PvP attitudes and then trying to troll/pick fights by talking **** re: leaderboard presence on the PvP forum.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I'm pretty much guilty on all accounts, but I can blame it on the large amounts of whiskey I consume just to be around you people...

Luv ya!

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I'm pretty much guilty on all accounts,...:
    Not true, you're actually a big old softie! And very helpful in Faeblight
    Comox, R31, retired

I think there are bad apples in all aspects of the game, but none of them get on my nerves more than the hardcore raider...

my ratio of actual care vs pure troll here is around 50:50 but in game im the first to help anyone who truly needs it
    who took my names!

The kind of person I hate most is the one who is constantly linking damage meter reports after every fight if he ends up on top, and proclaims that he's carrying the group. Or the occasional special case who only seems to know three words of the english language, all vulgar, and uses them at anyone and anything that directs any negativity their way percieved or otherwise. These types are fortunately rare.

Oh, or the RPers who insist on using old english despite no character in any part of the lore speaking it. I'm OK with people who want to RP in an RPG, but seriously if you're gonna do it at least try to follow the lore of the game world.

The worst players for me are those who hate Parfait, she is so cute, specially with that mustache.

She is sooooooo cute!!!

Ok on the serious side, the worst players are those who take pride in offending other players.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

I curse you to live under a bridge for all eternity mwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Anyway, trolls - not too bad, most of the time cause you to think.

Rude players - you're going to find everywhere. My schtick is, if you're nice, I could care less. This is ONLY a game so let's have fun dps, xyz, abc, fbi, cia, nsa - who cares?? I'm here to play and enjoy myself.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Actually, the rudest people in game are

HERP A DERPITY DERP DERPITY HERP A DERP DERP... DERP?

ROFL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    the worst players are those who take pride in offending other players.
    Agreed 100% it doesnt even phase them that they are rude..Like a few nights ago I was in stonefield minding my business doing quests when I was killed and camped for 30 minutes by a 50 high elf rogue, he sat over my corpse berating me calling me a scrub saying I should just go back to playing tetris. It wasnt the insult in of itself that bothered me it was his attitude, he didnt care that he was being a ****** he reveled in it...
    Last edited by Stehna; 07-25-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    This is not the signature you are looking for, move along!

I think the most annoying type are those self-entitled kids who try to act elitist/hardcore and will whine en masse when a developer does something they don't like.

Examples? The players -still- whining about Conquest on the forums here, and those in-game who would rather fish or whatnot in Conquest because "it's not PvP". The players who whined about Guild Wars 2's final beta weekend ending event (aka Hunger Royale, which I thought was a freaking blast; loved the survival aspect of it) because it wasn't some big laggy event boss fight. The players in WoW who use gearscore/achievements as e-peen material/a measure of skill. Those players in almost all MMOs who will exploit an unintended mechanic that might come in a patch and suddenly whine when they can't exploit it anymore. Also the MMO players who obsess about Best-in-Slot gear and how they're performing on the DPS meters. Stuff like that.

The worst type, however, would be the trolls and heartless jerks who abuse anonymity to say the most disrespectful/cruel/heartless things around and get their jollies from acting like total a-holes and getting the negative attention that comes upon them.
    Last edited by Zengar Zombolt; 07-25-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Sorenthaz@Faeblight
    Level 60 High Elf Mage (Guardian)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast