+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What anime(s) do you watch?

Default What anime(s) do you watch?

As the title says, what anime(s) do you watch, if any?

I myself am a big anime fan, i pretty much follow a bunch of anime's the day they're aired (mostly through animefreak.tv)...and almost always subbed (i really can't stand dubbed stuff...just hate it lol)

Some of these anime's include ongoing ones like : Naruto, Bleach, Toaru Majutsu no Index II and Fairy Tail...there's more but..cba to type them all haha

So, tell me, what do you watch (if you watch any at all?)

I heavily heavily heavily dislike animes and manga and stuff.
    Love the food, though.

None. If you don't count Full Metal Alchemist that came in middle of night and I was "resting" on sofa with tv on.

If you saw it on TV it doesn't count, that's some dubbed crap. That being said this forum community so far seems to be pretty rawr we like metal, rawr anime is bad, so good luck with this thread topic =). That being said, not really anything currently, the latest lineup wasn't overly impressive. Second season of Arakawa was ok, Psychic Detective is decent but didn't grab me enough to finish it, I was hoping Star Driver would be decent, Lelouch and Light in the same anime, what could go wrong, but yeah it went pretty wrong. I hear Bakuman is solid, in any event, seen over a hundred series probably, not into any of the current stuff.

P.S. I'm not knocking metal, or stating anime is amazing :P, just what I've noticed thus far.
    Last edited by Serradyne; 01-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    I wish I had a comprehension gun.

Hey, people's opinions is what makes us different ^^

I for one don't mind at all that so far that i seem to be the only one that watches anime's at the moment.

Besides, i'm sure everyone's got a different occupation when it comes to free time :P

Ah well, it was worth a shot starting a thread like this

Watched some Naruto, some Bleach

but Death Note <3 I love

High School of the Dead was awesome. I caught that on animefreak. I eagerly await season 2.

I don't really "follow" any, I just watch whatever is on animefreak. I don't really watch television anymore. I do like to watch a full series over a few days opposed to trying to follow an endlessly long series like Bleach or Inuyasha. Not that they're bad, I just hate waiting a whole week to get a "filler" episode. I watched High School of the Dead on release day (Monday) every week until it ended.
    The last animes I did watch were;

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya & The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzimiya
    .hack//legend of the Twilight bacelet & Liminality. (I didn't watch much of the 3rd one because 1&2 were kind of disappointing and I lost interest.)
    Arakawa Under the Bridge & Arakawa Under the Bridge X Bridge.

I've absorbed plenty more, those are just the most recent ones I watched. I don't want to try to start remembering and listing all the ones I've watch.

...on the flip side... I do also engage in metal. I'm quite fond of black metal such as DimmuBorgir, Mayhem, Emperor, and Nile. Also enjoy Opeth, Iron Maiden, Metallica, The Sword, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, etc, etc.

I don't know if that answers your question or not. I tried.

If you count Star Wars : Clone Wars as anime, that's the one I am currently watching from time to time.

But to give you my top #5 anime list

#1) Death Note
    #2) Full Metal Alchemist
    #3) Elven Lied
    #4) Claymore
    #5) Dragon Ball Z series
    Member of [BOSS]

[BOSS] Supports united world PVP - Sign here [EU]-[NA]

"Rouges are overpowdered."

Just finished watching Trigun again, so much win. Also, i never realized how much was lost in translation from this show until i watched it in Japanese.
    Ruroni Kenshin OVA is pretty tight.
    Cowboy Bebop
    Wolf's Rain
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

Actually... now that I think of it, if watching it in Japanese or getting good subs is an option, it's alot better.
    Last edited by Concept2; 01-23-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Plane Touched

I've mostly given up on watching new stuff. It's not worth sifting through the massive piles of crap to find the good stuff, I'll just wait until people who's opinions I can trust recommend something these days.

I usually dislike most of the more mainstream stuff, usually because it's formulaic, shallow, or stretched out so far and thin that it becomes such.

The kinds of stuff I do watch can be varied, some examples include:
    Code Geass (it's really hard to have too much narm, especially executed the way it is in this show)
    Twelve Kingdoms (just good all around, strong characters and plot with good pacing)
    Infinite Ryvius (some people hate this one, I really enjoyed the societal microcosm theme)
    Kaiba (extremely surreal mind-screw with unique art)
    Planetes (Hard [realistic] sci-fi in media is rare, and even more so in anime. Good plot and characters too)
    Spice and Wolf (nice quiet series with an intelligent female lead for once)
    Eden in the East (amusing)
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (surreal juxtaposition of sickeningly cute and visceral horror)
    Serial Experiments Lain (more surrealism + I'm a computer science guy)

I generally dislike most mechas period, and completely hate anything in the fanservice (for obvious reasons) or sports (I have zero interest in any kind of sports) categories.

I highly suggest Vexille. great movie. It's on insta-play on Netflix too.

I started a thread recently looking for good anime stuff and had a ton of suggestions if anyone's wants to know...http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ome-good-Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Serradyne View Post
    If you saw it on TV it doesn't count, that's some dubbed crap. That being said this forum community so far seems to be pretty rawr we like metal, rawr anime is bad, so good luck with this thread topic =). That being said, not really anything currently, the latest lineup wasn't overly impressive. Second season of Arakawa was ok, Psychic Detective is decent but didn't grab me enough to finish it, I was hoping Star Driver would be decent, Lelouch and Light in the same anime, what could go wrong, but yeah it went pretty wrong. I hear Bakuman is solid, in any event, seen over a hundred series probably, not into any of the current stuff.

P.S. I'm not knocking metal, or stating anime is amazing :P, just what I've noticed thus far.

I get to break this by being RAWR METAL and RAWR ANIME!

Outlaw Star
    Rurouni Kenshin / Samurai X
    Trigun ( <3 )
    Dragonball (not Z)
    Yuyu Hakusho
    Initial D
    Gundam Wing / 08th MS Team
    Ghost in the Shell
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Bleach ( first two seasons)
    Death Note (until L dies)
    One Piece
    Keroro Gunso
    <The Project Hate> on Faeblight
    Nekronomica - Nekronomicon - Nekronomia - Nekronomis

I <3 Anime.

DBZ and Sailor Moon were what sparked the interest, Tenchi and Gundam Wing fueled the fire and these days I may even consider it an addiction that's up there with video games. Here's a list of some favorites off the top of my head (not gunna list the previously mentioned ones though).

Tenjou Tenge
    Berserk
    InuYasha
    Noir
    Ninja Scroll
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Vampire Hunter D
    Bubblegum Crisis
    Yuyu Hakusho
    Kenshin
    Last edited by Rhendali; 01-23-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Nymaeria < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Cleric (Sentinel/Warden/Justicar) on Briarcliff
    Rhendali < Hate > : Level 50 Eth Rogue (Riftstalker/Bladedancer/Ranger) on Briarcliff

Soulwalker

I don't really care whether the anime is dubbed or subtitled, as long as plot points are explained well then it's all good in my eyes.

My top five would have to be somthing like this:

1. Code Geass, has my favourite ending of all time.
    2.Deathnote, L is awesome
    3.Hellsing Ultimate, SO MUCH BLOOD!
    4.Bleach, SO MANY CHARACTERS!
    5.Lucky Star, Konata is awesome.

Feel free to flame me for anything I said in this post, I love my choices as much as i'm sure you love yours.

Paranoia Agent
    sCRYed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast