+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warhammer Onlin

Default Warhammer Onlin

...was better at the whole "pve gear in pvp" (tovl?).

Yeah they eventually nerfed it but as an exclusive Bright Wizard player that time period was the golden era for these flaming pyromaniacs. For those of you who don't know, there was a little end game pve in WAR. Tomb of the Vulture Lord was actually fun in the way that it was a 5 man end-game instance which had an interesting dynamic: Guild's would take their A-Team pvpers and run this instance every week creating some group synergy that carried over into scs (wfs).

Anyway, the gear obtained in this pve content had a set bonus for casters which had a proc'd ability. This ability decreased the cast time of the caster's spells by 50% for a hand full of seconds.

Around the same time in the game's revolving door of class tweaks, Bright Wizards were given an ability called Boiling Blood. Boiling Blood was like the Mage ability Count Down, but had a shorter timer and when specced right would be the hardest hitting ability in the BW's arsenal. The bread and butter of the BW's single target playstyle became one of timing: DOT DOT DOT... Cast Fireball... Instant nuke after fb flight time.

There were various rotations you could perform based on the situation and the status of your target but the required set up of Boiling Blood was essentially the same.

TL;DR watch this video I made. https://vimeo.com/14472169

Skip too the end of the video if you just want to see the "I'm on a Boat" music video I made for the end credits.

Fryday lol, I remember chasing your kiting arse down with my Marauder dude, success based solely on whether or not you resisted my cc. If I saw resist more than once I was dead lol. I miss the old days of the game before the craptastic patch of misery. So much potential if they would have just tweaked orvr instead of the total revamp.

But yea there was pve gear, but the difference is the gear was designed to help you in pvp. Still didn't like it because I dont pve but oh well lol.
    Last edited by Mako482; 07-04-2012 at 04:44 AM.

ToVL was the greaterst instance in any game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    ToVL was the greaterst instance in any game ever.
    I never really got to do it due to the first couple of bosses bugging
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    I never really got to do it due to the first couple of bosses bugging
    Every single boss and trash pull was buggy in some way. Prettymuch everything in the whole instance could be broken in some way, including traps and invasions.

Pre-Nerf boss 7 was still the most fun PvE fight ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoiNJ45yrkI

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Every single boss and trash pull was buggy in some way. Prettymuch everything in the whole instance could be broken in some way, including traps and invasions.

Pre-Nerf boss 7 was still the most fun PvE fight ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoiNJ45yrkI
    My personal favorite from that game was the stag boss at the end of the event dungeon that they made permanent.
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread