+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: WoW/Blizzard Up for Sale

Default WoW/Blizzard Up for Sale

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/06...lizzard-stake/

Now -this- is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by massively
    Rumors are swirling about the possible sale of Activision-Blizzard after the departure of Vivendi CEO Jean-Bernard Levy this week. Vivendi owns 61% of Acti-Blizz, and Levy reportedly walked over a disagreement about splitting up the French holding company.

How this affects Activision-Blizzard remains to be seen, but Bloomberg says that Vivendi is looking to sell its entire stake, according to "a person with knowledge of the situation." The Wall Street Journal says that Vivendi's board of directors is mulling whether or not to split the company, which could potentially affect Blizzard and its World of Warcraft and Diablo III titles.
    Last edited by Laeris; 06-30-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Maybe Marvel Comics will buy them.

Inb4 EA buys them and the gamer-world dies of laughter.

Wow. This is one of the few times I've considered it conceivable that Blizzard could one day come back. Still don't think it's likely.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Trion should buy it at least they do listen and put out alot of updates and fast patches and responses to problems
    Have you ever wanted to?

If this is true, I hope who ever buys it doesn't own a moon shaded cookie cutter, like the star, square and circle cookie cutters that already exist.
    I hope they patent a new cookie cutting machine with new ingredients that evolves the cookie industry and takes consumers to a whole new level of enjoyment/satisfaction, rather than getting fed the same crap in a different shape.
    Last edited by GoldChrish; 07-01-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by GoldChrish View Post
    If this is true, I hope who ever buys it doesn't own a moon shaded cookie cutter, like the star, square and circle cookie cutters that already exist.
    I hope they patent a new cookie cutting machine with new ingredients that evolves the cookie industry and takes consumers to a whole new level of enjoyment/satisfaction, rather than getting fed the same crap in a different shape.
    All I heard was something about cookies.

You have cookies? Share? Gimme one!

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    All I heard was something about cookies.

You have cookies? Share? Gimme one!
    I have lots of cookies, but they're all plain flavored
    Chrish @ Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    Inb4 EA buys them and the gamer-world dies of laughter.

haha now thats funny

if it happens, they will surely say something among the lines of: "this sale does not our development in any shape or form" like they did with the activision merger.

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Wow. This is one of the few times I've considered it conceivable that Blizzard could one day come back. Still don't think it's likely.
    Can you imagine the possibilities???? What it Blizzard gets back their intellectual property rights and can fix WoW, D3, etc... I bet even you would go back to that game. Maybe they may even make the game great again. Hey, I can have dreams and fantasies - this is MMO land isn't it???

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    Can you imagine the possibilities???? What it Blizzard gets back their intellectual property rights and can fix WoW, D3, etc... I bet even you would go back to that game. Maybe they may even make the game great again. Hey, I can have dreams and fantasies - this is MMO land isn't it???
    Vivendi is selling Activision-Blizzard! Its not that Blizzard will be Blizzard again, to much has changed in that company. Blizzard is still owned by Activision, though they say they are free to do what they want .... they arent(or they are, and thats even worse if you see what they are doing)

Vivendi is only thinking of selling this, since their own stock is going down(i thought).
    and it will likely be bought by one of the major mediacompanies, just like Vivendi(french mediatycoon, if I am correct).
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Vivendi is selling Activision-Blizzard! Its not that Blizzard will be Blizzard again, to much has changed in that company. Blizzard is still owned by Activision, though they say they are free to do what they want .... they arent(or they are, and thats even worse if you see what they are doing)

Vivendi is only thinking of selling this, since their own stock is going down(i thought).
    and it will likely be bought by one of the major mediacompanies, just like Vivendi(french mediatycoon, if I am correct).
    Well, could it really be any worse off - ultimate kick in the face - EA buys Vivendi's shares and will be total owener of company :0

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    Well, could it really be any worse off - ultimate kick in the face - EA buys Vivendi's shares and will be total owener of company :0
    dont think EA has the money for it. But it would be the ultimate kick in the face indeed
    Seriously it needs to be a mutli-branch tycoon, maybe the owner of Bethesda or an American media company, something like that
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    if it happens, they will surely say something among the lines of: "this sale does not our development in any shape or form" like they did with the activision merger.
    Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll say that, then go back to the company they used to be.

Doesn't seem likely, though. I think the people who cared have left.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast