Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: PvP: Rift vs GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Perignon View Post
    PS: As for botting in GW2, I have 2 GW2 accounts. I have 2- and 3-boxed through a half-dozen games in the past, including Rift. This involves manually manipulating characters through separate mice and keyboard (no key-stroke copies, no software/hardware addons.) I have not attempted to do the same in GW2 through beta/stress test. GW2 will be the first game I have played where I will not be doing that. The combat does not lend itself, nor does the abilities a bot could bring.

I am sure there will be those who roll multiple classes and attempt to bot but I would expect it would put most of them at greater risk. Even with a copy-keystroke software addon, some of GW2 abilities are designed to impact characters that are "lined up". Don't know if timing on movement could be accurate enough to avoid the penalities of botting. I'm sure someone will try.... I'd be naive to think otherwise... and at some point there will be posts about the hacker who is running 5 mesmers.
    Multi-boxing isn't the same as botting. There will absolutely be bots, especially in the lower level areas. Even though you get sidekicked (/down-leveled) when you enter lower level areas, you're still vastly more powerful than an at-level player. Botters will easily steamroll mobs and, since item/cash drops are scaled to player non-scaled level and not mob level, it will be quite profitable.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Multi-boxing isn't the same as botting. There will absolutely be bots, especially in the lower level areas. Even though you get sidekicked (/down-leveled) when you enter lower level areas, you're still vastly more powerful than an at-level player. Botters will easily steamroll mobs and, since item/cash drops are scaled to player non-scaled level and not mob level, it will be quite profitable.
    Of course there will be bots. I agree.

And yes, multi-boxing isn't botting, heaven knows how many times I've had that argument on game boards.

As far as I know there isn't a "follow" in game. That won't stop anyone. That's a given in PvE if someone is trying to make money. Not sure what kind of "buffs" they bring for WvW. (It's not like you can park them at the top of DF.) Good PvP players will be able to counter them in WvW.

It seems like ArenaNet is starting out doing what it can to inhibit playing multiple characters through its combat system.

And it took me 2 weeks and going through NCSoft support - several layers up through management - to be able to purchase a second copy of GW2 (they were apparently tracking dynamic IP/address/cc info combo - which they blocked from sales.)
    Last edited by Perignon; 06-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    What came out of this (WoW) is a subculture of raiders -- no one who had raided in previous games -- boors who can't even spell noblesse oblige, much less explain what it means.

I want the boors off my server. The raiders I'm fine with. It's the boors I want gone.

Guild Wars 2 PvP is more fun.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=92262&dateline=134088  9999

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post

Guardians and warriors that cannot take 3 hits without been dead. Very lousy self healing choices, not to be able to use potions to heal yourself, what the heck is that?
    Wait ... what?
    Maybe I am just good at keeping myself alive and Me+ 2 friends are just plain sucks at taking down Guardians and necromancer. ( we seem to be good at taking down other class).
    Guardian is the only class that can stand the direct DD (using no escape, no kite, no dodge )of warrior without dying and kill the warrior.
    Last edited by Wawer; 06-14-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawockee View Post
    After playing one beta of GW2 I can say with absolute confidence, it will pull a lot of subs from Rift. Aside from each class having 8 souls and instant character build versatility Rift cannot match what GW2 offers. I along with many players have no desire to PvE and therefore what Rift has focused on is not in line with my play-style. Here are a few key elements that I found immediately refreshing about a single weekend of beta.

1: Actual Open World PvP - Some could argue that the WvW isn't actually open world but having objectives to fight over and a reason to fight instead of random skirmishes that break out and end up with one side rez camping the other. Where one side did dominate in our weekend bracket it was reset and paired us with a more balanced WvW match.

2: CC abuse was not existent - Sure I at times was dazed, feared or knocked down but it never felt like chain CC -> death. Rift has lost all sight of diminishing returns and still cannot balance dps burst, healing and CC. Is the GW2 system perfect? Of course not, but it is only beta and they are already in a better state than Rift is currently.

3: Something to do other than queue for WF's - Aside from the occasional group that attempts to enter each other's main city to kill players coming out of WF's and are still marked for PvP, everyone just chills in Sanctum and Meridian waiting for their WF's to pop. Who can blame them when there is no reason or purpose to go out and fight?

Maybe it's just got that new game smell and appeal but it is refreshing and I for one cannot wait until launch. Anyone else have comments, please share.
    So, if in your words, RIFT is mainly a PVE game and not a PVP one, why would GW2, a mainly PVP game, pull that many subs from RIFT. Indeed if RIFT is in no way a PVP game, why are there PVPers still here? Or if there are PVPers still here then they must like somethng about RIFT's PVP or they would have long since moved on.

I enjoy PVP with consequences, and GW2 PVP is much the same as RIFT's or WOW's, PVP for cry babies and care bears. If you die all you get is a short wait before rez and it is all instanced based.
    Nerf warriors please, i'm serious not trying to troll. I play a rogue and warriors mostly pwn me, they need a big nerf, as do mages clerics and squirrels!
    OMG LOGIC! (gathers together a linch mob of internet forum dwellers) BURN IT BURN IT!!!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawockee View Post
    After playing one beta of GW2 I can say with absolute confidence, it will pull a lot of subs from Rift. Aside from each class having 8 souls and instant character build versatility Rift cannot match what GW2 offers. I along with many players have no desire to PvE and therefore what Rift has focused on is not in line with my play-style. :
    Oh, please God let this be so .. far less PVPer whining will only be good for a PVE game like Rift.

Can't wait for GW's release in the hope.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Oh, please God let this be so .. far less PVPer whining will only be good for a PVE game like Rift.

on the other hand, we already hoped that for the swtor release, which for the pvpers also was the new messiah and the doomsday for rift pvp and it didnt happen

the thus the cycle continues

hype it up gang

who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitar View Post
    I enjoy PVP with consequences, and GW2 PVP is much the same as RIFT's or WOW's, PVP for cry babies and care bears. If you die all you get is a short wait before rez and it is all instanced based.
    To be fair... in WvW if you die you're looking at a 5 minute run at least to get back to where you were previously

Quote Originally Posted by Salamol View Post
    To be fair... in WvW if you die you're looking at a 5 minute run at least to get back to where you were previously
    Ever play DAoC... takes longer than 5 minutes in some instances of old frontier.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

"-Moving to GW2, nothing in Rift to keep me here. Trion has very clearly said my kind playstyle and interests are not their aim.

Thank God another whiner crybaby PVPer out of here.
    Last edited by Kantazo; 06-15-2012 at 04:43 AM.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post

Just curious what was your mindset when posting on this thread when the title specifically states "PvP: Rift vs GW2"??? I understand if you want to PvE, then take your toon out into the woods, pick-up sticks and kill unicorns because that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Aside from the occasional PvE troll, this thread was discussing the pro's and con's of each game and what the different games provide for content etc.

And for everyone who wants to chime in and ask why I'm still playing Rift it's because it's arguably the best MMO out atm and after pouring 16 months into the game I feel I don't have to defend my subscription so honestly, go **** yourself. I along with everyone who pays their $15 get to express their opinion. All I'm asking is that if you choose to do so make it on the appropriate thread.

Doc

Personally I liked the GW2 WVWVW more so than the Conquest Rift has. I really think if Trion wants rift conquest to be good they need to make a map just for it rather than reuse whats there it just feels like its missing something. The keeps, the supply lines, and the sheer fun of taking them was to me more fun in GW2 than the system Rift has decided to use. Thats not to say they can't change it or move it to something more like a WvWvW which honestly is the ONLY reason I am getting GW2 and will be playing it for the WvWvW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    "-Moving to GW2, nothing in Rift to keep me here. Trion has very clearly said my kind playstyle and interests are not their aim.

Thank God another whiner crybaby PVPer out of here.
    But he got a point. PvP in Rift is and endless grind. You have few maps which you need to replay at least a 300 times( I am not joking ) each to get to lvl 40. And that if you only play on " Escalation " weekends.
    And if you are a casual player, that just wants to jump in to PvP from time to time? - you can forget it. You'll take 40% more damage and deal 10% less damage then an average rank PvP player.
    And lets not forget how riduculurs the healing is in PvP - So glad that wasn't a problem in GW2 BWE's tests so far.

If Rift had a map like " The Pit " from SWTOR or "WvW" from GW2 - at least it would have been fun to play something that wasn't all about gear and damage.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1150061&dateline=1300  793703

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...overhyped.html

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8