+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone else super stoked for Civ 5???!!!

Default Anyone else super stoked for Civ 5???!!!

Man, I'm all hyper as a sniper on a viper for Civ 5! I've been playin Civ since day one - 2 and 4 being my respective faves so far. I just cannot wait to get my hands on it. It's been so long since the "Just one more turn..." feeling only to look over at the clock as the sun comes creeping in th window and realize it's 7 AM, hehe.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

I am considering getting it Its really the only game aside from MMOs that have ever held my attention.... okay oblivion did for about a month but that was a fluke. I still play Civ 4 from time to time and I agree 2 and 4 are the best of them.

I spent hundreds of hours playing Civ I-III and Alpha Centauri.

After playing two games of Civ IV I un-installed it and went back to Civ III. It was just too different.

I'll have to take a close look before I spend $ on Civ V. If it's just an upgrade to IV I won't bother.

Just curious, why do you consider II better than III ?
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Definitely looking forward to Civ 5 and it better be good - I need something to get me through to the Rift launch!

i love turn based games
    But But it worked in Dev!

Prophet of Telara

I can't wait. I pre-ordered it on Steam the other day.

I love a new Civ. Seems like only yesterday I was chatting with a thread about whether there'd be another Civ after the hours I spent on 4. I hope Rift comes around as quick.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

The game manual is now available online: http://downloads.2kgames.com/civ5/si...glish_v1.0.pdf.

Only 3 more days!

CIV 5 looks alright... unfortuately, not my cup of tea. I would rather play SC2 for strategy. RTS > turn based.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ware View Post
    The game manual is now available online: http://downloads.2kgames.com/civ5/si...glish_v1.0.pdf.

Only 3 more days!
    3 days!? Damn Americans...

It doesn't become active till Friday on our little island. I have the game preloaded and ready to play as soon as I get home from work next Friday morning. I then have two days off and plans to civ it up until I fall asleep on that Friday. I'll have the energy drinks available to keep me going, the soothing wind will be refreshing me through my window and the bathroom is close by for spashes of cool water.

I just hope it's not in a nasty bugged state like a certain other game I haven't mentioned on these forums. Well that game was more not-complete than bugged, so I hope Civ 5 is in a final state and not pay-to-beta.

I'm really looking forward to it now.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

+ Reply to Thread