+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: D3 and GW2 killed my server

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    I guess the irony of how homogenized and simplistic the four classes (and their souls) are in Rift, the lack of unique mechanics, etc is lost on you...
    What? In Rift I have right now 12 different toons and each one is different from the other, in GW2 everyone is going to look like a Maoist rebel, all dressed the same, doing the same functions, the only difference is that they are from different corners of the same jungle.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kantazo View Post
    What? In Rift I have right now 12 different toons and each one is different from the other, in GW2 everyone is going to look like a Maoist rebel, all dressed the same, doing the same functions, the only difference is that they are from different corners of the same jungle.
    You are playing a game:

- With only four classes, if you play a rogue there will be a zillion other rogues, if you play a mage there will be a zillion other mages, etc.

- Where all can DPS, 3 out of 4 can tank, etc,

- The same class mechanism with minor variations is repeated throughout classes, whether that be rogues combo points, the warrior ones, convictions, etc.

- The skills are hugely homogenized, everyone has teleports, CC is spread around the classses, etc, god forbid there is a bit of distinction.

- The skills are also very samey in the way you use them, because they are so simple, there is nothing like wardens gambits in LOTRO or tiered skills like you get with bards/ministrels in some over games.

- You may think stuff looks different, but you'll find threads on these forums complaining that outside of dwarfs (and perhaps bahmi) there is a lack of visual distinction between races.

You are already playing your communist utopia.
    Last edited by Flimble; 05-25-2012 at 11:24 AM.

GW2 does not have tanks or healers, so why the hell would I want to play it? I love playing a tank and love been a healer, so if they dont offer that why is the big fuss about it? GW2 is starting to look more like a communist Utopia, everybody is the same, dress the same, eats the same, walks the same, dies the same, that is totally bull poopoo.
    Exactly.

GW2 devs made a design decision to eliminate the "holy trinity", and frankly after playing tank, healer, and dps in games for a dozen years, I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

It could be an utter failure.

It could be a return to old school style playing.

It could be the next step in MMO evolution.

I'm willing to take a chance and see where it goes.

Your other comments make no sense. The ability to dye armor on the spot, any time, anywhere, use transformation stones, town clothes, etc... add in constant choice of weapons, and abilities based on those as well as their traits system... 8 classes which are not locked into the old trifecta at any given moment and which require situational skill....

...and compare that to games that might have multiple specs but at endgame devolve down into a limited version of "best practices" (see: instanced raiding / cookie cutter specs / demanded rotations)....

I don't see how it makes sense to apply those comments above.

I'm not here to defend a game I'm not playing at the moment. I don't even defend games I play. I observe and understand ALL MMO'S have good features and bad, and that play is a subjective experience which forms opinions. I can accept or tolerate those features or walk away. I do not have to put another game down in order to enjoy one I play, have played or plan to play.

Glad to know you're enjoying Rift and hope it continues to be an enjoyable experience for you!
    Last edited by Perignon; 05-25-2012 at 12:29 PM.
    What came out of this (WoW) is a subculture of raiders -- no one who had raided in previous games -- boors who can't even spell noblesse oblige, much less explain what it means.

I want the boors off my server. The raiders I'm fine with. It's the boors I want gone.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    I like reading some of these replies. Mostly the ones from people who weren't born when Diablo first came out and are criticizing it for something it isn't and never was. "Omg it is a top down dungeon shooter with terribad graphics." I seriously almost fell out of my chair. Thanks a ton
    I hear you. I'm not sure wtf some people were expecting, but, I'll have to say D3 was pretty much everything I expected and more. Yes, there's some bugs, and some flaws, but, that, too, was expected. Blizzard patched SC and D2 for over 10 years, they'll fix the issues in this, too.

Some of the issues remind me of 2004 WoW launch, when they did the same thing -- sold a year's projected copies in a week. It'll all settle out. Other than the AH being a bit funny, it's been rock solid for me since the 2nd day.

Ya, I don't have any problems with it at all really. The only issue I have is it seems the water animations aren't optimized properly and they really cause me some hitching at times. Aside form that though, game runs great. Got my hardcore monk up into Nightmare mode now

GW2 does not have tanks or healers, so why the hell would I want to play it? I love playing a tank and love been a healer, so if they dont offer that why is the big fuss about it? GW2 is starting to look more like a communist Utopia, everybody is the same, dress the same, eats the same, walks the same, dies the same, that is totally bull poopoo.
    The difference will be in skill not gear. But that's to be discovered. I for one am going to find out. Hopefully soon.

So far no interested, I signed for the forum and the fanbois are in full rage mod against anyone who questions any thing. Many of these fanbois seem to be employees of GW2 posting as regular players and smashing anyone who dares to raise a question or a critique.

Good riddance GW2. I am not a fan right now.
    There are not Powers above the Earth, on the Earth or beneath the Earth that can separate us from His love.

Until we get neural implants, the summers will continue to scatter our priorities.

What is this crap? I'm thinking about getting the game, but that looks completely ******ed.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    What is this crap? I'm thinking about getting the game, but that looks completely ******ed.
    That's the new 'cow level' (joke level).

D3 kinda sucks. Setting aside the online requirement for single player (and the primetime patch/downtime/lag/server issues last night), the game just isn't that interesting. The cut/paste dungeons, while necessary from a development standpoint, are painfully obvious and make it easy to forget where you are. Combining movement and combat in the same mouse click is clumsy at best and makes it exceedingly difficult to avoid ground AEs even when not trying to simultaneously melee attack (oops, I meant to get out of the fire, but I accidentally clicked on a mob instead of the open ground, so I'm walking through the fire instead). I suppose this issue is mitigated by the fact that you really don't need to bother avoiding the AE in most cases (normal mode), but that just enhances the mind-numbing simplicity of the click-till-it's-dead combat.

I know most of you are going to counter with how tough and interesting the game gets at higher difficulties, which I'm sure is great, but the only way to get there is to slog through the same storyline again and again and again. I also find it impossible to believe that anyone would ever use an RMT AH for gear in this game. What's the point?
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Heh, you have no idea how many people will use that RMT AH. In a culture, especially in Asia, where it is common for people to trade top end gear for thousands of dollars... the RMT AH will cater to people like that.

I definitely don't expect people to be selling top legendary items for a thousand bucks on D3, but for the most rare? I dunno. I wouldn't doubt it. Placed large towers in a good locale on UO used to eBay for 800 USD with castles well over $1200 ten years ago. In Dungeon Defenders, the top gear possible is around 400 to all stats. I've seen people advertise RMT weapons with those base stats for over 300 dollars. I dunno if people are buying, but it's real common to see that figure for those weapons.

I for one will be likely operating like Wal-Mart. Selling good stuff for 75 cents, maybe a dollar... and just sell a lot of it. We'll see how it goes It goes pretty well on the gold AH now as it is.
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-30-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    I definitely don't expect people to be selling top legendary items for a thousand bucks on D3, but for the most rare? I dunno. I wouldn't doubt it. Placed large towers in a good locale on UO used to eBay for 800 USD with castles well over $1200 ten years ago.
    Yeah, but tower/castle space in UO was a finite resource. There was even a GM who used to build castles and make gold to sell on eBay. GM Darwin I think.

I just get the feeling that there will be too much supply and far too little demand.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

I agree... I don't think you'll see RMT in D3 as a deal where people are selling al ot of things for hundreds of dollars or anything. I think it'll likely go the route I plan on doing... and that is selling a bunch of stuff for dirt cheap... aka 50 cents, 75 cents... maybe super awesome great items for 5 bucks. Now, there are some very exclusive items in D3. Like, for example, a L54+ rainbow sword out of hell whimsyshire (legendary item) with just the right mix of top end stats. On the gold AH, I have seen one of those with the godlike RNG stat rolls on it for a monk. It sold for over 125 million gold. I dunno what the CGFs are asking for gold in D3, but I know through normal gameplay, 200-300k is a lot of gold and takes a good long time to farm it up on your own. 125 million is insane. I made a bid on that sword when it was at 1.2 mil. It sold I think at like 125.4 million.

It had something like 380-something damage, 1.5 atk rate, 300 to dex str and vit, +40% crit dmg modifier and a socket.

Even Forbes are loving Diablo III

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Bobby's office when he reads this article....

clicky clicky >> http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...d-in-diablo-3/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast