+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question for Vanguard players

Default A question for Vanguard players

I've recently started playing Vanguard while I wait on Rift to be released, and I am enjoying myself so far. One problem I have though is with the rain effects on Windows 7 x64. The problem is I can hear the rain, but I can't see it. I did find a thread on the official Vanguard boards saying that it would be addressed in a couple of revisions time, but that post was from 2008 with no follow ups so surely its sorted by now? Just wondered if anyone knows anything about it and if they can help?

Now that they're down to only 2 Devs (I think) the Windows 7 rain issue probably won't be fixed for a long time.

Just put one of those summer-time misters across the top of your monitor and turn it on when you hear the rain sounds

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. It is a great game, but without any support from SOE many of us who still play have learned to live with, and sometimes joke about, the problems that remain.

Most of the issues are like the missing rain, purely cosmetic. The game itself plays very well.
    Dual Targeting - The Targeting System of the Modern MMO

If the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was made by today's MMO designers, the first 8 hours would be condensed into 30 minutes, and the last hour would be stretched out over 8.5 hours. It would be all about 'The Ending' and not about 'The Journey'.

Rain doesn't show up on Vista either. Although, in all my time of playing Vanguard I have seen rain/snow once or twice. Was a terribly bizarre occurrence and honestly, I wasn't missing much.

As far as I know there is no way to enable it in Vista/W7.

What a shame eh?...weather adds a lot for me in terms of immersion and atmosphere It's not a gamebreaker by any means though, and I'm sure I can live with it. Thanks for the replies!

+ Reply to Thread