Closed Thread
Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1439
Like Tree318Likes

Thread: GW2: Will it live up to the Hype? Or Overhyped?

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Dungeons in GW2 aren't even difficult, they're just wrong. Bosses can't be CC'd but they can one-shot everyone without any tells. More mobs charge you than people in your party. Some mobs and bosses have way too much health. Bugs everywhere. Terrible loot and endgame gear. You will quickly lose money just from repairs in a dungeon.
    Last edited by WriteThemWrong; 09-22-2012 at 07:57 AM.

DB1

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Dungeons in GW2 aren't even difficult, they're just wrong. Bosses can't be CC'd but they can one-shot everyone without any tells. More mobs charge you than people in your party. Some mobs and bosses have way too much health. Bugs everywhere. Terrible loot and endgame gear. You will quickly lose money just from repairs in a dungeon.
    idk why you even posted this here..this is a fanboi thread. Your about to get 50 replys about L2p and "your doing it wrong" lol.

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Sure I am in no hurry to do a dungeon in GW2. Though my attitude may be, or in any case look, unduly sneering/arrogant at times (I admit that), I take very seriously what other players say, for me there aren't "bads", everybody's experience is significant. And the GW2 dungeons, it seems they need LOTS of tuning. Luckily, there is so much to do in the open world, and in the "personal" instances... and in RIFT, lol.
    Last edited by Goodberry; 09-22-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    idk why you even posted this here..this is a fanboi thread. Your about to get 50 replys about L2p and "your doing it wrong" lol.
    I don't think so. Imho this long thread has been, on average, objective, with nice posts, useful info and good debate. I have been "on both sides of the fence", and sitting on the fence itself, and never felt shouted down.

General of Telara

Oh no....let me translate...dungeons are hard in GW2...boo hoo

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    "You haven't played the entire game so you don't know" is legitimate, but all that other crap is not. I mean how many times have we as Rift players said that to WoW players who said that they "made it to level 20 and quit cause the game is sux". What do we tell them? That the game completely changes at 50.

I do think that to truely judge a game you do need to get to max level.
    I don't entirely agree. I think it is quite reasonable to conclude "the levelling in this game is unfun enough for me that I am never going to bother to find out what max level is like".

Further, I would say that if the game is sufficiently different at max level that you can hate a game before that and love it at level cap, that is a pretty badly broken game design in some fundamental ways.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

gw2 is a very satisfying game. it isn't like the others so take it for what it is and you might enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Further, I would say that if the game is sufficiently different at max level that you can hate a game before that and love it at level cap, that is a pretty badly broken game design in some fundamental ways.
    I find it interesting that you would write that being a Rift player, since Rift is much that way for a large portion of the playerbase. 90% of the most enjoyable things for a lot of didn't start until level 50, when suddenly it became AMAZING.

Especially (but not limited to) now that most folks are already 50, so zone events and the like are almost entirely relegated to that range.

Most themepark MMOs are designed that way. They can only do so many things with the leveling system of point a -> point b -> point c, so it gets tired after a while. The real creativity can't be released until end game.

At the end of the day, GW2 is not much different. It managed to incorporate some sandbox elements to make the leveling a little more interesting, but after a while even it can feel the same on the way up.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Dungeons in GW2 aren't even difficult, they're just wrong. Bosses can't be CC'd but they can one-shot everyone without any tells. More mobs charge you than people in your party.
    Aka: they are difficult.
    Last edited by Tolmos; 09-22-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tolmos View Post
    I find it interesting that you would write that being a Rift player, since Rift is much that way for a large portion of the playerbase. 90% of the most enjoyable things for a lot of didn't start until level 50, when suddenly it became AMAZING.
    And a lot of other people loved the game until 50.

Which strikes me as evidence of a severe problem -- although it's one that I think the devs are working hard to correct.

If you don't enjoy getting to 50, you are fairly likely not to find out that you would have liked it at 50. If you enjoy getting to 50, but don't enjoy being 50, that sucks too.

Most themepark MMOs are designed that way. They can only do so many things with the leveling system of point a -> point b -> point c, so it gets tired after a while. The real creativity can't be released until end game.
    Well, that's the thing: There's no reason the levelling system has to be like that, and indeed, it isn't nearly as much like that now as it used to be. Because people who only liked that were sad at 50, and people who didn't like it were sad until 50.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Chaser

DB1, as other posters have said none of us here are what you you call "fanboi" folks.

Rather I would say the vast majority of us are longer term Rift players who have had a balanced debate about GW2 highlighting both their positive as well as negative views. My own agenda if you like has been clearly declared on this and other threads, that is I would like to see GW2 become a MMO success because the other previous pre dominant game WoW achieved a near monopoly of which is not healthy for all other MMO games, and developer/consumer/player free choice.

We have all highlighted our own negatives about the game, my own for example remains the real life cash shop as a major point, as well as the more minor point about Tyria not being a truly open world (unlike Rift and Azeroth) and not all areas on the visible map being player accessible.

However set against that are a whole lot of positives including a vast world and a truly enjoyable levelling process (my own views)

To conclude, and for the benefit of other readers, some of us may dip in and out of GW2 now and again but remain focused on Rift as their "main", others may choose to play GW2 and retire our Rift toons, but the one thing we may all agree on is we have enjoyed playing Rift and have had a good time and will remember that. In addition I am sure we remain grateful to Trion in allowing and hosting this thread and wish the company well in the future
    Last edited by Gardy; 09-23-2012 at 02:57 AM.

DB1

Yeah Yeah Yeah whatever to each his own. If i can't become fully emerged in a game and I don't have a desire to run home after work and log on then the game sucks imo. I'm not going to sugar coat anything for some fanboi's who claim to not be fanbois lol. Gw2 is weak we're all playing the same game people said the same thing about swtor then low and behold look at swtor now 8 months later lol. Its crazy that it get's to the point where some are saying "My own agenda if you like has been clearly declared on this and other threads, that is I would like to see GW2 become a MMO success because the other previous pre dominant game WoW achieved a near monopoly of which is not healthy for all other MMO games, and developer/consumer/player free choice." lol talk about grasping at straws.....seriously...lol. I logged in yesterday and had to force myself to get a level which is fail imo. This game gets extremely boring very fast. Funny thing is its not just me but a majority of players on the servers I'm on agree the the dungeons are lame especially now that they nerfed the xp loot and increased the difficulty. Cry ltp all you want but mark my word 6-8 months down the line gw2 will be a swtor replica. The only thing that will remotely save the game is that pts f2p and people will come and go per update in hopes the game will get better especially if your a pve'er. I really can't wait till storm Legion comes out I won't even consider logging into gw2 and I doubt most will stop playing that crap either. So have fun playing swtor 2 oh i mean gw2 and I'll see you guys Nov 13 when the best mmo on the market is updated to Storm Legion. Also don't watch the pax video unless you want to ruin your gaming experience until nov 13
    Last edited by DB1; 09-23-2012 at 03:43 AM.

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

Yeah Yeah Yeah whatever to each his own. If i can't become fully emerged in a game and I don't have a desire to run home after work and log on then the game sucks imo. I'm not going to sugar coat anything for some fanboi's who claim to not be fanbois lol. Gw2 is weak we're all playing the same game people said the same thing about swtor then low and behold look at swtor now 8 months later lol. Its crazy that it get's to the point where some are saying "My own agenda if you like has been clearly declared on this and other threads, that is I would like to see GW2 become a MMO success because the other previous pre dominant game WoW achieved a near monopoly of which is not healthy for all other MMO games, and developer/consumer/player free choice." lol talk about grasping at straws.....seriously...lol. I logged in yesterday and had to force myself to get a level which is fail imo. This game gets extremely boring very fast. Funny thing is its not just me but a majority of players on the servers I'm on agree the the dungeons are lame especially now that they nerfed the xp loot and increased the difficulty. Cry ltp all you want but mark my word 6-8 months down the line gw2 will be a swtor replica. The only thing that will remotely save the game is that pts f2p and people will come and go per update in hopes the game will get better especially if your a pve'er. I really can't wait till storm Legion comes out I won't even consider logging into gw2 and I doubt most will stop playing that crap either. So have fun playing swtor 2 oh i mean gw2 and I'll see you guys Nov 13 when the best mmo on the market is updated to Storm Legion. Also don't watch the pax video unless you want to ruin your gaming experience until nov 13
    Such a Rift fanboi! You've mentioned that video a couple of times now, so I'm tempted to check it out!

Let's hope none of the "enthusiasts" lost any shinies....

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09...server-outage/

Such a derisive attitude, every time. This is why your comments are not being taken seriously. But, oh well, I'll try to have a conversation anyway.

In all honesty, I haven't seen the attitude you're talking about on my server (about not liking the dungeons). The only time dungeons really come up in map chat is when people are trying to put together groups for them, so I assume players are happy with the way they currently are; they are running them, after all. I am equally confused by your need to state that the game is "weak" and that "we are all playing the same game", because from reading your posts, I certainly don't feel as though I am playing the same game you are. The game I am playing is vibrant, fun, and full of so many things I love to do that I have easily outleveled every zone well before it came time to leave. It has even managed to draw me into aspects of MMOs that I do not usually enjoy or participate in steadily (I am finally excited about PvP rather than dreading it as one long grind, for instance). As someone who enjoys games and MMOs in general, I am excited about some of the features they have implemented, such as negating ninja looting and kill stealing (purposeful and accidental) and being able to assist and resurrect any other player I come across. I enjoy being able to completely change up my abilities on the fly to suit a particular situation (kit-based engineer here with an elementalist alt). No, it will not be for everyone; the things I love do not have the be the things you love. That's fine, and you shouldn't feel obligated to play the game if you are not having fun.

What I do not agree with is the way that you badmouth other players on these forums through name-calling and mocking dismissal of their counterarguments and opinions (just in the last post you have called most of the thread 'fanbois', again, and then directly quoted a sincere and logical opinion and, without any counter-logic or discussion, lol'd it... twice). I am also quite upset with you for trying so desperately to declare that the game will fail and for attempting to drive others away from said game with accusations that you will not even provide decent insight for. Honestly, what if I went around posting this way about Rift, trying to stop anyone from giving it a try? GW2 is not a direct competitor to Rift for many of us because, even though all MMOs must share an allotted amount of time in which to play, GW2 does not have a subscription; this somewhat negates fear of people leaving your beloved game as a viable reason for acting the way you have. I love games and I respect the work that goes into creating and maintaining each of them; even if I myself do not want to play a particular game, I will certainly not make an attempt to keep other players from trying it - how do I know they won't adore the very thing I hate? There is nothing wrong with stating a game's bad points or even saying that you feel you have wasted your money on it, but you are not even being informative; your arguments against the game were quickly countered and instead of providing further details to back your experience all you did was type "lol fanbois lol" into the forums a few times. This attitude is bad for everyone involved because your side of things will never come across clearly or be acknowledged as an accurate viewpoint, those attempting to provide a counter to your side of things will be wasting their time trying to have a productive conversation, and anyone lurking around reading these forums will have to sift through dozens of useless and uninformative posts like the one I'm typing right now. Bad for you, bad for them, bad for everyone involved.

TL;DR (translated): Me like the logics. You no makes logics. Please to be adding some logics next time. Is not nice to call names or go lawl at the logics. Kthnxbai.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat
    Let's hope none of the "enthusiasts" lost any shinies....
    It happens; honestly, I'm not worried about it. Still enjoying the game same as ever.

Closed Thread
Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 LastLast