+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVD to iPhone

Default DVD to iPhone

So I have this work where I basically sit on my butt for hours on end during my shift. Usually I rent movies, but sometimes I forget or nothing new is out. While super tiny, I was thinking maybe I could put some of my DVDs on my iPhone. Does anyone have a good DVD to iPhone software they like they got for teh free? All the free ones I've found seem to cap at 5 minutes or some poo and cost like $30 for the 'full version'.

I was thinking of maybe free to $15. I couldn't see myself paying $20-50 for something I'd just use to convert a few videos when I could just carry them around instead (for free) and watch them on my netbook.

The reason I don't just carry disks for my netbook and want them on my iPhone is that this would be a 'just in case' or 'omg I've got nothing to do I'm soooo bored' kinda thing Or waiting for the bus or whatever. Like I've got Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along blog on there. That's good for killing short periods of time.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Can't you import movies to iTunes then get them on your phone from there?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3250&dateline=1279205  221
    <PAIN >

The format on DVD (and presumably Blu-ray) is not a type that iTunes imports. There's a middle step. That's what software that converts is needed for. I originally thought that too, that it'd just be like *poof* digital copy, but I guess it's a lot more complicated.
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast

I use DVD Fab and AVS4YOU, they are not free though /shrug

Yikes! $50 for one and $60 for the second. Toooo expensive for this bunnah. Hopefully someone has one that's only like $10, mayyyybeee $20. So far the ones I've found are in the $30+ range. For something that'd just be a 'conveninance during my troubled times' that's just too much to spend.

+ Reply to Thread