+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Magic the Gathering Fans here?

Default Magic the Gathering Fans here?

Hi im a fan of MTG also though it's 3 months since i quit playing because this game requires too much money.
    But for me this game is a real fan if u play with someone who knows how to play.
    So i'm just wondering if there are any mtg fans here want to play rift also.

Everyone in our high school used to play MTG. I remember buying the little transparent protector sheets for my cards to keep them in mint condition. I played red and black mostly.

I played it way back in the day.

This is what you want to keep your eye on.

Shadow Era on Facebook
    Shadow Era official page
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by rabb1t View Post
    I played it way back in the day.

This is what you want to keep your eye on.

Shadow Era on Facebook
    Shadow Era official page
    thanx mate it looks awesome.

I spent so much money on MTG i had to quit, it was breaking me lol

I played back in the day. Started with Mirage block through Odyssey block. My favorite was probably the Urza's Block

I still buy a pack here and there.

There's only a handful of people I'll play with however, so kinda limits my ability to actually play.
    Disposable Heroes

We pay for the violence of our ancestors.

-=DH CORE MEMBER=-

I played and still play MTG with friends. Back in highschool everyone I knew played it and sometimes during class our teachers were nice enough to allow those who finish their work even pull out some decks and play to pass time since I was on block schedule. One of my teachers even played MTG himself.

Currently in College I spend a lot of time over at Cool Stuff playing MTG with others and watching/participating in tournaments mainly Friday Night Magic. And actually a couple of friends and I were talking about the new MTG cards coming out over skype before I saw this thread.

Prophet of Telara

I played for a while around 1999. It was just me and a friend and it's not that popular in the UK. Back then they did do cards in some games shops and there was a comics and sci-fi/fantasy shop in Rhyl, near where I lived at the time, that sold single cards. I spent a heap on money in a short time and only really stopped playing when my mate moved away.

I still have all my cards in a box on the wardrobe. I can't bring myself to get rid of them; not that they'd make any money.

My mate loved the old taunting elf trick.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

I grabbed my (was it a collector's edition) box. It was a unique box that comes with life tokens made by some glassy material with a bag. That was 1994 and I introduced it to my friends and we went crazy on it. I know my friend spent $500 on boxes of cards in one night

We stopped playing in 2001 but we always remember the days, fun times. But in 2003? I tried the Online version (MTGO) I came back to it on 2008 - 2009 then quit again.

Now there's a cheaper way to play MTG (they released a new game you can buy it on Steam).

But there are a lot of new good games that doens't require a big money investment. If you only like card games check out Dominion, Warhammer: Invasion, and some new ones (Ascension, Heroes of Graxia and Thunderstone). All these are not "collectible". When you buy the box you get all the cards you need (there are no rare, uncommon, common cards).
    Last edited by Laura; 09-04-2010 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    But there are a lot of new good games that doens't require a big money investment. If you only like card games check out Dominion, Warhammer: Invasion, and some new ones (Ascension, Heroes of Graxia and Thunderstone). All these are not "collectible". When you buy the box you get all the cards you need (there are no rare, uncommon, common cards).
    May have to check those out Laura. Thank you.
    Disposable Heroes

We pay for the violence of our ancestors.

-=DH CORE MEMBER=-

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    I grabbed my (was it a collector's edition) box. It was a unique box that comes with life tokens made by some glassy material with a bag
    I think I have that box, or at least a similar one. It has little red and blue tokens as you describe and a whole bunch of earlier cards. I think I looked it up in a mag once and it was a beta edition of something or other.

I got given it by a friend when I started to play. It was just sitting about in his attic, or something.
    We Were The Defiant

Then Rift went Trivial and Dull

I loved MTG but I could never get into any game seriously where the real object of the game was to drain my back account.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

I still play MTG from time to time. Usually still play my Sneak Attack deck, it has been tweaked for the last ten years and usually wins on the third turn.

Guildmaster
    ҉ Are you Disposable? ҉

I used to play, but I never got really into it until the Kamigawa block. But yeah, I quit for various reasons, you can't play these cards, you can't play those cards because you have to play in this new block...bleh, completely ridiculous. It wasn't so much a money drain as I bought the cards I really wanted from Cardkingdom. I played with a Samurai/Bandit deck and a Snake token deck... Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutter View Post
    I loved MTG but I could never get into any game seriously where the real object of the game was to drain my back account.
    Same for me !
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast