+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: What book are you reading, or just finished reading?

Shadowlander

Recently finished Shalimar the Clown by Salman Rushdie, not my favorite of his books but still good. Reading The Name of the Wind now by Patrick Rothfuss, quite enjoyable so far!

Default Lynn Flewelling

Re-reading "The Bone Doll's Twin" by Lynn Flewelling...haven't read it in a while, and missed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuin View Post
    I'm rereading George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. I also started Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series and have gotten through book 10 so far (with a LOT of skimming), so that I can get to the most recent release in the series, as I'm a Sanderson fan and heard he did well with the book.
    Been planning on reading those again as well, though i'm waiting till there's at least some hint of a time frame for the release of the fifth book. Though I'll probably just read the first three since the fifth takes place during the same time as the fourth.

Still haven't read the Wheel of Time series, though I've owned The Eye of the World for well over a decade now.
    Last edited by Coil; 01-25-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Default Imo

I read his Legion of Videssos series and his other books associated with Videssos which were really good.I could never get into his other books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosspring View Post
    Harry Turtledove is the worst writer ever, I can't understand how he sell anything.

Thumbs up

I'm reading the most recent Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson.This is definately one of the best Fantasy series I have read and over the years I have read a lot of books!

Shadowlander

Finished Ringworld the other day and War of the Worlds a few before that. Currently reading The Golden Compass.

read almost all Warcraft books and now reading Tolkien and Edgar Allan Poe dunno what will be then

Long Live Rock N' Roll !

Atm reading the last templar by raymond khoury.

Telaran

Just finished reading Book Eight of the WoT series, Crown of Swords.

Good lord..can you be more longwinded? No wonder the guy passed on before he finished the whole thing....still have like six books to go Argagahg.

Telaran

Have just finished reading The Small Hand, and today have finished read Mort by Terry Prattchet ;)

Just finished reading Waterloo by Bernard Cornwell. Can't recommend his Sharpe Series highly enough though I would advise reading it chronologically rather than in the order it was published. It's history stuff about a soldier during the Napoleonic war.

Currently reading Rebel by Cornwell because the stupid book store didn't have the last Sharpe novel in stock

Oh, and somebody mentioned the Wheel of Time series? It did get rather ponderous towards the end of Jordan's life but when Sanderson takes over the pace picks up. I strongly recommend you stick it out

Soulwalker

I'm rereading a Game of Thrones to get ready for the HBO premiere.

Still reading Umberto Eco ― The Name of the Rose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6