+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Logitech g13 or Belkin n52te?

Default Logitech g13 or Belkin n52te?

Which keypad do you think is better for RIFT?

I just got a pair of g13's for myself and my wife.

Belkin's keypad went on sale a week later for 30 bucks.

That said I've been practicing with the g13 and i think it is probably the better of the two given the number of keys it offers.

I know someone who has a Belkin and wants the Logitech keypad . . . so I'd give the edge to the G13 personally. YMMV.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Soulwalker

N52te works fine for Rift, but it is still iffy for games that care about double-tapping your move buttons, assuming you do indeed assign them to the d-pad. Rift doesn't, so it's fine.

It has got the best form factor though. If you ask me, the g13 is less comfortable. The n52te fits my hand perfectly.

I do suspect that if you have larger hands the g13 gets even more comfortable. Mine aren't that large, so I do have to do some stretching.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

I still use an original N52, and have heard nothing but horrible things about the TE's software... they no longer make the original, though, and I have a feeling mine is about to kick the bucket.

If I can't find a new non-TE, I may look elsewhere.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 01-20-2011 at 01:40 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

G13 here, after playing around with the belkin just didn't find it comfortable.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Soulwalker

The n52te software is mostly fine. The only issue with it is that it keyups and then re-keydowns every time you shift to the intermediate directions on the dpad, which causes issues with games that care about double-taps.

That's a fairly limited number of games, but it does suck if you want to play them (Age of Conan, Unreal Tournament, maybe others...).

That said, it does seem to be basically abandoned in terms of further updates from belkin/razer, so if there is some other unusual thing that you don't like about it don't count on it getting fixed. I still like mine, because it works great for everything I need it to do.

The only problem i have with the G13 is the size of the knob on the end of the joystick thing.. its hard to get a grip on it lol

Thinking about modding it

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    The n52te software is mostly fine. The only issue with it is that it keyups and then re-keydowns every time you shift to the intermediate directions on the dpad, which causes issues with games that care about double-taps.

That's a fairly limited number of games, but it does suck if you want to play them (Age of Conan, Unreal Tournament, maybe others...).

That said, it does seem to be basically abandoned in terms of further updates from belkin/razer, so if there is some other unusual thing that you don't like about it don't count on it getting fixed. I still like mine, because it works great for everything I need it to do.

The main issue that concerns me is that you can't turn a macro on and leave it going like you can with the original N52. There's a setting for the macros to repeat x times, or repeat until the key is pressed again.

With the TE, your macro is turned off the next time you press any key.

This mainly affects people who may use it for twisting (most commonly) and such. I don't really advocate it for much else.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 01-20-2011 at 01:46 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PLANKS View Post
    The only problem i have with the G13 is the size of the knob on the end of the joystick thing.. its hard to get a grip on it lol

Thinking about modding it
    So your knob is too small?

Really?

;)

LOL

I don't have a problem with mine, really. But it is a little stiff, so it's hard to push down on it sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post

Really?

;)

LOL

I don't have a problem with mine, really. But it is a little stiff, so it's hard to push down on it sometimes.
    hahaha you've twisted my words sir

After trying several comapnie's products I've founs that I prefer Ligitech's stuff. I currently am using a G11 coupled with a Performance MX, and plan on adding a G13 to my desktop before Rift launches.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slime View Post
    N52te works fine for Rift, but it is still iffy for games that care about double-tapping your move buttons, assuming you do indeed assign them to the d-pad. Rift doesn't, so it's fine.

It has got the best form factor though. If you ask me, the g13 is less comfortable. The n52te fits my hand perfectly.
    probably you have small hand, with my snow shovels its not really confortable - still usable tho.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    I still use an original N52, and have heard nothing but horrible things about the TE's software... they no longer make the original, though, and I have a feeling mine is about to kick the bucket.

If I can't find a new non-TE, I may look elsewhere.
    after a few years of silence they recently made an update that's quite a lot better than the older versions.
    still rough and unprofessionalish, but more usable.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwynn_Maelstrom View Post

Really?

;)

LOL

Yeah I don't have a problem with mine either, but it is hard to push down, thats why I don't bind anything to it and just pretend that it doens't exist.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast