+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Metroid fans here?

Default Any Metroid fans here?

I've just played Metroid other M for the wii and it looks impressive.
    I hope they have a sequel based on that style 2d/3d and evolve it as much as the can.
    Retro studio are just incredible.

Oh Other M is finally out? Gotta pick it up.

I love Super Metroid over any console game ever. The original Metroid was ground breaking and Prime: Corruption was so beautiful and had fantastic atmosphere. I didn't play any other Metroid games though, but still a stunning IP.

Metroid Fan here myself I loved the original and Corruption. Though Corruption is probably my favorite I haven't picked up the other M yet since I have other games ahead on the list, but hopefully in due time I'll get to it.

Let me know how it is if you do pick it up guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentaro View Post
    Metroid Fan here myself I loved the original and Corruption. Though Corruption is probably my favorite I haven't picked up the other M yet since I have other games ahead on the list, but hopefully in due time I'll get to it.

Let me know how it is if you do pick it up guys!
    It's cool havent finished yet but i like it.Though some elements from previous games are not here and u may dissapointed but it's ok.(eg enemies dont drop energie fuels,some abilities are given to u by the commander and u dont have to find them by your self,samus has a stupid jerk on her head giving her orders)
    The effects are awesome for wii.And the cutscenes are incredible.

When i finish it i ll post my overall score.

Quote Originally Posted by Alblaze View Post
    It's cool havent finished yet but i like it.Though some elements from previous games are not here and u may dissapointed but it's ok.(eg enemies dont drop energie fuels,some abilities are given to u by the commander and u dont have to find them by your self,samus has a stupid jerk on her head giving her orders)
    The effects are awesome for wii.And the cutscenes are incredible.

When i finish it i ll post my overall score.
    Sounds good my most recent purchase was SC2 and I've been working on the achievements in that game and I have a couple more pre-ordered but if your score is decent enough I might move the Other M up the list to purchase it sooner.

I beat this in about 12 hours with 70% completion. Overall, the game is pretty awesome (especially the story) but it was pretty short for a Metroid game.

The puzzles weren't all that challenging which led to running through the game fairly quickly, and the strategy for most bosses was pretty simple.

The controls would have suited the environment a lot better if they used the nunchuck joystick instead of the D-pad.

I'd say this game is probably an 8.5/10. It's no Super Metroid, but it did the series justice in my book. Hopefully Team Ninja refines their approach and gives it another go with a sequel.
    The Vanguard GM Experience:

Blades of Wrath

8.5/10 eh? seems pretty good though I'm sad there is no nunchuck and joystick.

I don't know many people that weren't Metroid fans at one point.

I still remember the original like playing it yesterday and finding out Samus is a chick haha.

Kind of weird, I have an old VCR recording of all the games I beat. I used to tape them long time ago on 8-bit Nintendo. lol (Original Sega, Super Nintendo, etc) Then after around Gamecube times, I stopped buying consoles.
    Last edited by DarkoneNeo; 09-04-2010 at 07:08 AM.

Most Likely to be: Defiant - Cleric Calling (PvP Server)

I mixed up Metroid and Arkanoid.. I was like wtf

+ Reply to Thread