+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

Default Is it just me...

or do most female mmo players like to play clerics or any healing class in general

idk.. just an observation

It's just you.

Wow, I just thought about this and yeah! My old guild had only girl healers.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

I have actually noticed it too...

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Quote Originally Posted by Krimian View Post
    I have actually noticed it too...
    Et tu, Krim?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post
    Et tu, Krim?
    Yes! As i had just said!

I'm going to bed, Meh!

~ Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For Thou Art Crunchy and Go Well With Ketchup... ~
    OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 3.6GHz GPU: Nvidia Gainward GTX 580 GOOD Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator 8GB DDR3 1600 PSU: Corsair HX850W

Vast majority of women that I've raided with are healers. Sometimes they're DPS. I've never seen one tank.

Cool

Yes.

cake.

It's because women instinctively want to nurture. I guess.

ok wow I'm so busting this myth. I have played a tank and my best friend also plays a tank (a warrior in WoW). I have played a tank or high DPS caster/fighter in every MMO I've ever played.

I played a SK and a wizard in EQ. When I was in EQ there were 3 other women in Vent besides me, 2 played tanks (Warrior and SK respectively) and 1 played a mage/DPS caster.

I played a Rogue, Warlock, and Tank Pally in WoW. The two other women that I played with (they were at my wedding) were a Tank Pally (main tank for the guild actually ) and a Mage.

My 2 mains on both of the DAoC servers I played on were LW Champions, and I also played S/S Champs, Heros, Nightshades, and Vampiir. The only other women I played with in DAOC played a Cleric and an Infiltrator/Beserker respectively.

In Ryzom I played a Fyros tank on Arispotle (wasn't there very long :P).

In AO I played an Opifex tank/dps Martial Artist (was mostly evades) and the Co-gm of the org was also a woman and played a Fixer (dps) and a Trader (cc/dps). The other 2 girls I played with played a Enforcer (tank)/Fixer (dps) and an Agent (dps).

In Rift so far I have played a Warrior (Champ mostly) and a Rogue (Sin/Bard for WF). When the servers go live for the leap ahead I will be rolling a Warrior first and then probably a DPS Mage. Also true to his usual form (and my b/fs before) my hubby will be healing/supporting me.

Have you considered maybe the reason you teamed with healer females was because you were the tank or dps?...And you wouldn't have women in those slots because they were filled by your friends? For many teams the final slot they need to feel is a healer, so that slot is the most likely to be a random pick-up compared with the others.

To say all women in mmos are healers is like women saying all males in mmos are virgins living in their parent's basement; it simply isn't true. In my own personal experience of women, that I have confirmed are women in mmos, only ONE was a healer.
    Last edited by Allura; 01-19-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.

Finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post
    Finally!
    Sorry, I was sleeping and just woke up; otherwise, I would have been on here sooner

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.

Got to say, I've come across more females as Dps. The scary kind that write entire thesis on how to get more dps, lurk on every theorycrafting site in existence and make the healers scared to let them die unless they possess cast iron cajones because they will ***** your ear off about losing dps.

Yeah. Very much busted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Default Busted

Yeah, I play with a pretty tight knit group of friends. Four girls in the group, One is always the tank. One is usually heals or utility/support based. One is DPS and the other switches around pretty constantly

So yeah, I don't think there's any huge trend towards one archetype over another.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcato View Post
    Vast majority of women that I've raided with are healers. Sometimes they're DPS. I've never seen one tank.
    Some of the best tanks that I have seen were girls.
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast