+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...

It's not just you, many females like to play clerics. In EQ most clerics are female by a 9 to 10 ratio. All our guild clerics were female too in beta. Clerics are a class in which you take the role of a caretaker, females are instictively drawn to those roles.

I have always been a warrior in EQ but I was also almost the only female one on my server.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 01-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    It's not just you, many females like to play clerics. In EQ most clerics are female by a 9 to 10 ratio. All our guild clerics were female too in beta. Clerics are a class in which you take the role of a caretaker, females are instictively drawn to those roles.

I have always been a warrior in EQ and I was also almost the only female on my server.
    Careful with the "instinct" thing. Testing has shown that females are more likely to play with RL partners or friends, so its probably more probable that there is some pressure to be a healer because the other person really wants to play X class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

I've come across a lot more females playing ranged DPS classes than healers... Only time I see a female healer is if they were pushed into it by their boyfriend or husband to take part in one of those healer/tank leveling combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    Careful with the "instinct" thing. Testing has shown that females are more likely to play with RL partners or friends, so its probably more probable that there is some pressure to be a healer because the other person really wants to play X class.
    If that's true it could explain why I chose a warrior. I started EQ on my own and have never played EQ with my partner, he's just not interested in MMO. If the incentive and the pressure wasn't there for me maybe it explains why I didn't have much desire to play a cleric.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 01-19-2011 at 10:54 PM.

I usually play a warlock. You'll get no healing love from me

Heaven's just a rumor she'll dispel, as she walks you through the nicest parts of Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    If that's true it could explain why I chose a warrior. I started EQ on my own and have never played EQ with my partner, he's just not interested in MMO. If the incentive and the pressure wasn't there for me maybe it explains why I didn't have much desire to play a cleric.
    Most likely. All, and I do mean, all barring one or two females I have met that played with an SO were healers because he was a tank or dps. And since he got them into the game, she rolled with it and made an alt if she had a predisposition to something else. The only times this wasn't true of couples, was if HE was the one that preferred the play a healer or the girl wore the pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    Verily, Maelforge did say, "Suffer all the bros to come at me!"

Yeah, that piece is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meharial View Post
    Most likely. All, and I do mean, all barring one or two females I have met that played with an SO were healers because he was a tank or dps. And since he got them into the game, she rolled with it and made an alt if she had a predisposition to something else. The only times this wasn't true of couples, was if HE was the one that preferred the play a healer or the girl wore the pants.
    My hubby clearly wears the pants; he just likes playing hybrid heal/dps or heal/tank. I have to usually be the best tank I can be so he doesn't heal tank...he enjoys making me sweat when he rips agg. Now my former b/fs are another question.....
    Last edited by Allura; 01-19-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Havenless View Post
    or do most female mmo players like to play clerics or any healing class in general

idk.. just an observation
    Just you.

I prefer playing a warrior class. In AOC I played a conqueror. In this game I am playing a Paladin. I much rather be in the enemies face smashing it then being a pansy and firing spells from a distance (no offense to anyone).

Ascendant

Girls like to heal/cure/help mens.
    Last edited by June; 01-20-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Girls like to heal/cure/help mens.
    So if you're a dude and you roll a cleric, it means you're.....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post
    So if you're a dude and you roll a cleric, it means you're.....
    Yes, it means you're bit odd. Real mens go for DPS, PK gank build.

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Yes, it means you're bit odd. Real mens go for DPS, PK gank build.

Am I doing it right?

I'm female and play a healer, if not healer I prefer mellee dps. Mellee dps because I like to be in the middle of the fight. In the first days/months of mmo I said healing was like babysitting and I didn't want to go there, but not anymore. It's not about caring, it's about a type of challenge. If you don't dps fast enough, normally the mob just dies slower. If you don't heal fast enough, well you risk ending up with a dead tank/wipe.

I've enjoyed tanking as well. But, I do get lost too fast, which is a problem when you're supposed to be in the front

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nightchrome View Post

Am I doing it right?
    Its just fact that mens fight and womens heal. Only game Ive ever seen true PK chick was in Darkfall and she was real meanie.

Quote Originally Posted by Havenless View Post
    or do most female mmo players like to play clerics or any healing class in general

idk.. just an observation
    Not quite.

My friend swiftie plays a rogue. She is having a blast with it. Back in SWG I used to have a dynamic duo of female tanks. My daughter played a spy in SWG and was getting quite good at it.

Good thing you said most... because I think I only know ONE female cleric.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast