+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: In Vanguard tonight.

Default In Vanguard tonight.

I thought I'd download Vanguard again while I wait for Rift, I mentioned Rift in the chat channel and was told ohh it's not good, my friends have played it, so then I asked, so why is it not good, I was told to much like wow, i then thought hmmm lol.

I was actually quite pleased as Vanguard is pretty crap, well ok i guess but it's still buggy now after 3 years, i was dc'd a couple of times when I tried to hearth, combat is slow, rangers range has been nerfed so u almost have to touch the mob. Really don't know how people could play that for a long time, each to there own I guess, i wasted my money re subbing as I won't be logging in again.
    Last edited by Skyrazor; 01-19-2011 at 05:46 PM.

too much like wow? lol

you must have been talking to someone who ENJOYED planes of power flagging
    Pretty Pictures (from real life) || Rift Watchers || OFFICIAL Shard Status w/ Queue Length
    Current System: Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Radeon HD 3870 512MB, 4GB PC2-6400, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, 1680x1050. Moderate (custom) settings, 30-40 fps most of the time.

Vanguard is a game very much different from RIFT. It attracts quite the different kind of players than those who wants to play RIFT. Not saying that EVERYONE in Vanguard won't play RIFT, but many have different opinions on how they want their MMO'S, and to them RIFT will seem very much like WoW.

Edit: And Vanguard is crap because SoE ruined it and has left it to die, no updates whatsoever for that game. It had great promise, but sadly it didn't work out.
    Last edited by Sponx; 01-19-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

Default Van.

Vanguards problem was when It came out you needed a super computer to run It. Haven't played that one In years, It did have incredable graphics though.
    Be Guided by the Hand of Justice or be Crushed by the Fist of the Tribunal....!

Champion of Telara

Vanguard was one of the better games made, it did so much right it is a shame to see these new games fail to implement the better parts of it.

1) Dual Targeting, any thing else is pathetic and shows the devs are not at the top of their game.

2) Moving while casting even tho it had a penalty was great.

Finally had to leave the game when I couldn't find another player to kill.

On the other hand RIFT has one of the if not the best BETA's I have been in. The game is running extremely smoothly, the in game support have been quite helpful and the GM's seem to have a sense of humor. I am looking forward to the game, and cant wait for the next beta event.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrazor View Post
    I thought I'd download Vanguard again while I wait for Rift, I mentioned Rift in the chat channel and was told ohh it's not good, my friends have played it, so then I asked, so why is it not good, I was told to much like wow, i then thought hmmm lol.

I was actually quite pleased as Vanguard is pretty crap, well ok i guess but it's still buggy now after 3 years, i was dc'd a couple of times when I tried to hearth, combat is slow, rangers range has been nerfed so u almost have to touch the mob. Really don't know how people could play that for a long time, each to there own I guess, i wasted my money re subbing as I won't be logging in again.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Default Great

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post
    Vanguard was one of the better games made, it did so much right it is a shame to see these new games fail to implement the better parts of it.

1) Dual Targeting, any thing else is pathetic and shows the devs are not at the top of their game.

2) Moving while casting even tho it had a penalty was great.

Finally had to leave the game when I couldn't find another player to kill.

On the other hand RIFT has one of the if not the best BETA's I have been in. The game is running extremely smoothly, the in game support have been quite helpful and the GM's seem to have a sense of humor. I am looking forward to the game, and cant wait for the next beta event.
    Sounds good Og, I as well am excited about beta.

Mention any other MMO in the general chat of any MMO and you will get negative comments.

Why? Because people playing those MMOs are invested in them and do not want to lose players from THEIR game. It detracts from whatever accomplishments they think they have made within that game. People (fanboys) think of the MMO they play as their team, their club, their clique, and any other competing MMO is likely to be viewed as hostile.

I remember when I was in Vanguard Alpha then Beta, I had to upgrade to the newest hardware (back then anyways) half way through just to get half decent fps on the LOW settings.

They did have a lot of great and innovative things in that game. I loved the fact that you had to actually build your Guild Hall too. Too bad SOE canned all the great people working on it and turned it into what it is today

Oh well, at least RIFT is almost ready for what appears to be a well polished release!
    Last edited by Lukahl; 01-19-2011 at 06:52 PM.

Default Computer

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahl View Post
    I remember when I was in Vanguard Alpha then Beta, I had to upgrade to the newest hardware (back then anyways) half way through just to get half decent fps on the LOW settings.

They did have a lot of great and innovative things in that game. I loved the fact that you had to actually build your Guild Hall too. Too bad SOE canned all the great people working on it and turned it into what it is today

Oh well, at least RIFT is almost ready for what appears to be a well polished release!
    I hear some of the computers at Nasa could run It.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lukahl View Post

I though the game was good. It was FFA with meaning, you don't see that as much anymore.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx View Post
    Edit: And Vanguard is crap because BRAD MCQUAID ruined it BECAUSE HE HAS THE MANAGEMENT SKILLS OF A 2 YEAR OLD. It had great promise, but sadly it didn't work out. BUT HOPEFULLY NOONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL EVER LET THAT NUT JOB COME WITHIN 10 FEET OF MANAGING A PROJECT AGAIN.
    I went ahead and fixed your post for you.

Default Nice

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Ok now that was abit funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsteel View Post
    Ok now that was abit funny!

I agree, hah. Vanguard ran fine on my PC back then because I built it for that game. They did and still do have some of the best, and not boring crafting in any MMO. But Alas, once again SOE ruined a good game, as they did with Galaxies.
    Mor

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    hehe.. i actually talked to Aradune on the beta servers.

i'm pretty sure he was high.
    Pretty Pictures (from real life) || Rift Watchers || OFFICIAL Shard Status w/ Queue Length
    Current System: Athlon 64 X2 6000+, Radeon HD 3870 512MB, 4GB PC2-6400, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, 1680x1050. Moderate (custom) settings, 30-40 fps most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast