+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift does not feel like WOW

Rift Disciple

Default Rift does not feel like WOW

It may make you feel like when you just started to play WOW for the first time, but that feeling does not really reflect the qualities of the game in any way, just thought it was an impotent destination.

I think RIFT is far more sophisticated, whether that's because of age and experience or just better design, I don't know. You have to admit the similarities in high fantasy settings and game mechanics, but apart from that, Rift feels like a way smoother game. It looks better, it's got a better pace to it, the atmosphere is immersive, the plot is faaairly interesting, the factions are better, and a handful of other things that I'm sure the below posters can mention for me. ;d

Rift Chaser

I get that you are trying to defend Rift but you're still comparing the game to WoW and that's the most annoying thing happening on these forums.

Rift Disciple

I haven't touched WOW in 3 years, but I do remember how I went abe**** over it a launch, rifts makes ME feel some of the same feelings, playing vanguard at launch was a much more mixed bag, but I stayed with that 3 times longer then WOW.

Saying that the game feels like another game is a very different prospect than saying that YOU feel the same way about starting out in the game world.

Also no need to defend Rift, it will stand on it's own, but pretending that the elephant in the room does not eksists is stupid, back in 2006 WOW was the ****, now in 2011 maybe Rift is the new king.
    Last edited by Rosspring; 01-19-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Playing wow for 6 years im ready for something new.

I am ready to to take wow out of the equation and play something new and this one looks like its going to be right on. I already like the idea of the specilization system and the graphics are just amazing from what ive seen. And the community thus far is just down right respectful. even if they disagree with you.
    Got my special editon preorder
    See you all on Jan 25

+ Reply to Thread