Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Please, Please dont discriminate against Young players/Gay players/Other race players

Shadowlander

Default Please, Please dont discriminate against Young players/Gay players/Other race players

I Have seen this in a lot of hardcore guilds, they want there guild to be perfect and how do you make something perfect, take everything you(the leader/members) dont like, from looking at the age poll and seeing almost all players are 18+ (which im fine with being 14 myself) i can just see this happening, it happens in every mmo. Let me tell you a story about a mmo which shall not be named, When i was 13 i got the best gear you could for this certain game, got a really good rating and asked to join a guild, a hardcore raiding guild this was the best guild in the game, and i mean the best so i thought i should apply, First they asked what language i was( pretty normal question ) i replyed english. Then they asked for my colour ( i thought this was a little strange actually ) i said white. Then they asked whats your sexuallity, i said gay, and they where having none of it, he replyed Srry, We dont like how gay people speak, i was furious. I replyed im not the camp type of gay i speak normal like anyone else and that should be no reason to not let me in a guild, He agreed and asked for my age, i said 13 and he said, Srry your to immature for the guild. So i went on feeling like a ******bag. No one wants to be in this situation, Feeling bad for yourself and upset about who you are. I thought this was very immature and decided to do a survey on 10:-0:20 am on the chat channel when i saw a spammer/dirty talker/immature player i asked what age they were. Why because thats when all the spammers/sex addicts/immature players come out to talk want to here the results?

Age 13-18 : 3 players
    Age 18-26 : 17 players
    Age 26-34 : 6 players(mostly 26-30)
    Age 34+ : about 1 or 2 players. and they wernt even that bad

So i asked myself, Why should a young player be not allowed into a guild when its not even us who is causing all the trouble, ok i understand you can get some totally annoying players, but it doesnt matter about the age same with sexuality,race,colour it shouldnt happen. Also for doing things like this there is no punishment for doing these things, Surely there should be its discrimination/racism/homophobia who gives a damn about scamming thats just a item, these are peoples feelings.

-I hope you all agree and please if i made any spelling mistakes dont point them out your just proving my point more.... sure you can post your views on players discriminating against people, i dont think this should happen in rift because of the mature gaming community, but it will it always will. Please tell me if you agree with me and you can rant at me all you want, but what i said is 100% truth and its useually not the young players fault but useually the players with a 21 year old physical age and the mental age of a 3 year old.

The main reason our guild is 18+ is really for chat/voice.

Our conscience tells us to watch what we say around little ones.

umm yea so this thread is now about flaming squirrels

http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/s...0on%20fire.gif

Shadowlander

Lets be honest, if your level 80 youve heard it all, and its not just the age, they wouldnt let me in for my sexuality, and obviously people of a other religion/race

I have never seen a guild have race or orientation requirements. Ever. I've been in a lot of raiding guilds.

The age thing, however, is simple. If you're not 18 you're not in control of your own time. Most of my guilds had strict 18+ restrictions because they didn't want to censor themselves and they didn't want little Timmy to ditch the raid because he needed to brush his teeth and go to bed.

Banned

I have to play devils advocate here. If they say 18+ they are doing it for a reason. There
    is a high chance that a 18+ guild will never have to deal with one of their guys being told
    it is bedtime in the middle of a raid.

Also you guys jumping on vent talking what happened in school today just weirds some people
    out. A lot of you are too sensitive when it comes to foul language or some people stop
    talking all together for fear of making you feel out of place.

Teenagers tend to rage like a lot and assume an MMO is the end all be all of their
    social lives or something and create a lot of drama. They try and turn an MMO
    into high school or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Brelan View Post

well most of today ten years old are bolder than 30-tish years old... and sometime in some aspect of life even more experienced xD

But tbh .. its entirely uppon the guild leader and its members to make the rules... and ofc.. its entirelly uppon those to make some exceptions...

Regarding bed-time... as the post above

well merried one will go away even more frequently than the youngsters... and there is a bed time for them more likely to happen.. since they have to work ..etc. You just cant go to 10hr shift without a sleep... at school well you just take a nap in class , no problem ..
    Last edited by HopeIsDead; 01-19-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    This universe is lost, I seek only Oblivion
    There is no peace for the Damned
    with Eternal war raging across the land
    We may be immortal
    but nothing than suffering awaits us

Quote Originally Posted by Brelan View Post

This if I want to tell a dirty joke I don't want to feel like a cougar.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Shadowlander

Its not just age, i know its mostly about that, but sexuallity? race? its disgusting, im useually quiet in guild chat, i just sit there patiently waiting for a next raid D:

Some people don't like other people and it's their right to not like them, even if it is for a foolish reason.

Sorry you had a bad experience?

Move on to better things and let bad things slide by.
    Gestalt - Dayblind <PvP> - Defiant

Telaran

Don't discriminate?
    It's not discriminating when you're messing around in vent and someone happens to get offended because you made a joke.

I mean I don't understand why they wouldn't allow gay players or players of other races, but younger players can take the game serious in a different way than everyone else.

I know my AION "legion" has at least one homosexual player, and he's really cool.
    ASUS G73SW - OS: WIN7 64-BIT - RAM: 8.00GB - GFX: NVIDIA GTX 460M - CPU: INTEL I7-2630QM 2.00-3.50GHz
    Server: Faemist - Cleric: ZeitFist. Rogue: Zeitgeist. Mage: Ceadeus

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    umm yea so this thread is now about flaming squirrels

http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/s...0on%20fire.gif
    I showed those to my mom during Beta 4, she was like WTH?

OT: While I agree it's kinda weak to exclude people for being gay/another race, it's their prerogative as to who they chose to exclude. There's always a better guild. If everyone does that, then the only people who will play with *******s are other *******s.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

This is why you have age requirements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opl77bP7vbY
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 01-19-2011 at 09:13 AM.

I've been in guilds that accepted under 18's, most of the problem is they just don't know when to stop talking on TS/Vent.

Not all silence is awkward silence that needs to be filled with high tone, endless verbal drivel.

On the plus side this isn't a permanent situation, your voice will break and you'll hopefully learn when not to speak.

Consider yourself t a r d with the same brush.
    Last edited by Rilman; 01-19-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EL33T View Post
    Its not just age, i know its mostly about that, but sexuallity? race? its disgusting, im useually quiet in guild chat, i just sit there patiently waiting for a next raid D:
    Well it depends. Last legion I was in we told dirty and racist jokes all the time and ended
    up getting cried at by our legion lead because some people got offended.

Too us it was just guys talking while playing a game, but some people got sensitive and
    never bothered to say anything.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast