+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EVE Online New Character Creator Goes Live

Telaran

Default EVE Online New Character Creator Goes Live

Tuesday 1/19/2011 today's patch brings us one step closer to Incarna and with that being said the character creator got a complete revamp and I have to say its impressive, here are some screenshots of a friend of mine that did recreated her avatar.. mind you all this is what the actual characters look like in game right now you will only see the portraits till summer when Incarna is released you will then be able to get out of your pods and board space stations you will finally see the next step of EVE's evolution begin. She did a wonderful job hope the community here likes them as well enjoy everyone.
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0119063707.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0119063532.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0119063101.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...0119055924.jpg

For those who don't know what Incarna is look at this demo teaser, the expansion comes out this summer hence the release of the new character creator released yesterday in preparation for it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n41s1...eature=related

And here is a demonstration of the character creator in action for those who want more than screenshots-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeV9OxOf6p4&feature=fvsr
    Last edited by Dark Aura; 01-19-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Telaran

What do you all think?

Holy ****! It's a shame EVE isn't my type of game..
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

Kat

what do I think?

I think you said you only play male characters in the other thread... that is one very sissy looking dude you created there.

seriously though, it looks kinda like poser (the program), which is more detailed than I thought an mmo would have. I'm guessing in eve they don't have communal areas where lots of people bunch together? cuz that would get laggy i think... anyway, it looks good.

I remember playing Beta for EvE online years ago and one of the dreams we always had was avatars that could walk around in the stations. It's good to see CCP is doing this "right". AND it's exciting to know that EvE is the testing ground for their avatar creator for their upcoming MMO "World of Darkness".

These characters with this level of detail as vampires is gonna be AWWWWWWWWWWWesome.

Rift Chaser

You never left your ship i thought, but who knows my avatar was just a pic like in a forum

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    what do I think?

I think you said you only play male characters in the other thread... that is one very sissy looking dude you created there.

seriously though, it looks kinda like poser (the program), which is more detailed than I thought an mmo would have. I'm guessing in eve they don't have communal areas where lots of people bunch together? cuz that would get laggy i think... anyway, it looks good.
    This is my friend's avatar not mine and this is in the game , the only time the game gets laggy is during 1000vs 1000 fleet battles and they are constantly upgrading and optimizing server performance, in the summer Incarna will give those areas where people can get together.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Banono View Post
    You never left your ship i thought, but who knows my avatar was just a pic like in a forum
    That's all changing very soon ...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aura View Post
    That's all changing very soon ...
    ORLY? might have to give it another try soon

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    I remember playing Beta for EvE online years ago and one of the dreams we always had was avatars that could walk around in the stations. It's good to see CCP is doing this "right". AND it's exciting to know that EvE is the testing ground for their avatar creator for their upcoming MMO "World of Darkness".

These characters with this level of detail as vampires is gonna be AWWWWWWWWWWWesome.
    Walking around on stations is coming this summer with Incarna....your dream is coming true. Look around on You Tube for demos of Incarna.
    Last edited by Dark Aura; 01-19-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Banono View Post
    ORLY? might have to give it another try soon
    Summer time my friend this will happen for realz...

Yea, they've been sending me these"come back for a free five days" for years now..I may actually reinstall just to test this new creator. It looks very promising.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Yea, they've been sending me these"come back for a free five days" for years now..I may actually reinstall just to test this new creator. It looks very promising.
    I havent even logged in yet to recreate my character yet been too busy doing other things... be worth a look though I could hook you up with a buddy key if you want for a 21 day trial also they removed learning skills recently so u can just train skills you actually want or need. PM me if ur interested for a key.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast