+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Posting ... FREAK OUT

RIFT Fan Site Operator EntreNous's Avatar

Default Posting ... FREAK OUT

I seem to have this problem when I post. I use note pad to type out my post, than I clip and paste it into my thread box ... AND my box starts freaking out. It jumps up and down so badly that I can't even aim and click the cursor.

Ok, so i figure ... I'll clip and paste into a web builder I use ... well that cleared up the space problem ( my lines fit better now)

BUT ... It still freaks out when I clip and paste from that.

What works any idea?

btw ... I use IE browser.
    RiftRares ... A work in progress.
    Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    I seem to have this problem when I post. I use note pad to type out my post, than I clip and paste it into my thread box ... AND my box starts freaking out. It jumps up and down so badly that I can't even aim and click the cursor.
    I am sorry... I know you got a legit question, but I just cannot stop laughing at this part. Maybe when I am done I will try to address this situation for you.

I am still cracking up right now though.

Again... sorry. I still like you!

Champion of Telara Hackiedoodle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post

Ok, so i figure ... I'll clip and paste into a web builder I use ... well that cleared up the space problem ( my lines fit better now)

BUT ... It still freaks out when I clip and paste from that.

What works any idea?

btw ... I use IE browser.
    Use OpenOffice (ugh, I hate it though). As far as browsers, try Firefox, or Chrome if you're not into the addon business.
    Krimhilde, Warrior
    Ambya, Cleric

Rogue on FaeBlight
    8/8 RR's ... 4/4 DH ... 4/4 GP ... 5/5 GsB ... 5/5 RoS ... 2/4 RotP ... 10/11 HK

Hackie may be on to something about using chrome. I do what you do sometimes (especially when writing feedback) and chrome seems to work fine for me.

I am not sure why IE is doing that... is it when you paste or will it not even allow you to paste?

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
    Hackie may be on to something about using chrome. I do what you do sometimes (especially when writing feedback) and chrome seems to work fine for me.

I am not sure why IE is doing that... is it when you paste or will it not even allow you to paste?
    No it's always after I paste.
    Rogue on FaeBlight

I've had similar issues from IE but I just ignored them and chalked it up to my screen being a widescreen since I've had similar issues with pages due to the way they scale on my compy. I usually slog through it by hitting the enter sign repeatedly and pray I can get my cursor to the right place if I need to paste something. As for your question Bel, the scrolling thing only seems to happen if you go beyond the bottom part of the box width were you first post responses. I usually post the first part and then hit edit, since under the first edit it gives you a larger text box so not as much of the box scrolling happens.

Explorer Killers enjoy seeing the world, meeting interesting people...and killing them. EKs love all discovery, but finding an edge over the competition is best. Always seeking new opportunity, an EK likely knows the ten best places to find certain types of opponents, as well as ten different ways for taking them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    I've had similar issues from IE but I just ignored them and chalked it up to my screen being a widescreen since I've had similar issues with pages due to the way they scale on my compy. I usually slog through it by hitting the enter sign repeatedly and pray I can get my cursor to the right place if I need to paste something. As for your question Bel, the scrolling thing only seems to happen if you go beyond the bottom part of the box width were you first post responses. I usually post the first part and then hit edit, since under the first edit it gives you a larger text box so not as much of the box scrolling happens.
    I wonder if it is that autoscrolling feature that IE has (in versions higher than 8). Check to see if that may be enabled in the settings. I remember when I would use IE that thing was annoying as all get out.

It COULD be it... but not 100% sure. Like I said before, I use chrome now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allura View Post
    All sounds good thnx!
    Rogue on FaeBlight

Quote Originally Posted by Hackiedoodle View Post
    Use OpenOffice (ugh, I hate it though). As far as browsers, try Firefox, or Chrome if you're not into the addon business.
    I used Firefox for some time, and I liked it. A few weeks back I started using Google Chrome and I absolutely like the speed difference as it is very fast and efficient.
    Last edited by Silentfall; 01-19-2011 at 12:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread