+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Raids of Past MMOs?

Default Favorite Raids of Past MMOs?

Hey all, I thought this topic would be better fit for the off-topic forum since it doesn't focus on Rift.

I made a thread at Rift Seekers asking what the community's favorite raids of past MMOs are. Got a few replies already, but I know a few of you like to reminisce and whip up an essay.

So, come on over and tell us what your favorites are!
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

Well as far as challenge and concept id have to say major domo in molten core from wow is easily my fave.
    baron geddon MC wow close second.

Champion Of The Honorguard And Kyllikki from AOC.

I always go back to EQ when I think of fun raiding experiences. I can still remember how pumped we got after we killed Vulak'Aerr and Avatar of War back in the TOV days. Most people were not huge fans of planes of power and the road to plane of time. I wasn't either, but I did enjoy the god fights in POTime. Tallon/Vallon Zek were always a good time, but my fav was always Rallos.
    Ahhhh... the memories.

MC
    BWL
    ZG
    AQ20

nomnomnomnom

Dreadspire raids in Everquest. Before that, Plane of Power pick-up raids in Everquest.

I have so many fond memories of pick-up raids in Everquest. My fondest one are the ones we got killed on but were able to laugh it off and try again.

For me its eq1 stuff.

Vex Thal for fun nights, took a long long time but mostly we mucked about a bit and sometimes drank a bit too. Great nights in there with many old friends.

As for real raids, Plane of Time stuff I enjoyed. Im never gonna be able to pronounce this, but also Ssraesza or however on earth its spelled hehe.

MC and BWL
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Ancient Port Warehouse - thank you Avarem!
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    MC and BWL
    MC here as well.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Best memories for me come from the all night ffa pickup raids we used to do in EQOA. The community on that game (Stonewatchers server, the only server there was for the PAL version) was so small and tight knit there was no such thing as guild raids, everyone was welcome to take part in any raid that happened.

Probably the best individual raid we did was when we took down Kratas for the first time, which was a phenomenal achievement on a server that never received the Frontiers expansion.

To explain why it felt like such a huge achievement I probably need to point out that Kratas was a contested that was added as part of a frontiers server side update, but was in an old world zone, so when the server was patched for frontiers but retail launch canceled we received a few encounters and elephant's graveyard balanced for lvl 60's, yet our level cap stayed at 50.

Took countless tries and an absolute army of Nero's spamming blood pact to keep me alive as I tanked him, but we eventually got him down after a fight that took the best part of an hour.

***edit***

Added some bonus "i just got home from work and was able to add these videos i put on youtube a while ago of some EQOA raids links "

Lady Vox, Skahyir and Siliskor kills (recently edited from raw footage i found on an old hdd)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaHDJkqFeE

Random Isle of Dread raid of Festering Jack, Contagnion and Impale (edited in 2004)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-HN5y2jlQY
    Last edited by Slacka; 09-03-2010 at 10:31 AM. Reason: added some youtube embeds!

EQ2: Chel'Drak

Almost all of BWL (WoW) even trash was tough in spots, AQ40 and original Naxx. < in that order also. BWL was best.

There was some good dungeons in WoW TBC but wasn't quite the same as back in the Vanilla days.

Most Likely to be: Defiant - Cleric Calling (PvP Server)

From WoW:
    1. BWL - This instance was so much fun, and had absolutley fenomenal encounters that were innovative and could be beaten in many different ways. Outstanding...
    2. Naxxramas 40m (it is only 2nd because I didn't get the chance to do much of it myself) - SImply amazing raid encounters. Somewhat non-linear, and huge. So many bosses.
    3. Black Temple - This one's from TBC. I really enjoyed many of the encounters in this one, though it doesn't quite reach the epicness of Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post
    From WoW:
    1. BWL - This instance was so much fun, and had absolutley fenomenal encounters that were innovative and could be beaten in many different ways. Outstanding...
    Agreed, lots of different encounters and things to do.

Big dragooooooooons!

Plane Touched

EQ - Naggy, i know its old, one of the first raid encounters in the game but it was also my first ever raid and therefore it always been memorable to me.

VG - APW Zaygious (got a skin that made my pet look like a beholder!) Shiver (was a fun and interesting fight) Zaraax ( gave a nice skin that made my pet look like a skeletal beast). I got all the Necro APW grafts, the best one was the zaraax skin, most were just bragging rights and trivial. Still good raid encounters though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast