+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Discovery Channel incident

Default Discovery Channel incident

I don't know how many of you have heard about this, but I thought that it was an interesting enough bit of news to start a discussion about.

Apparently today, some guy went into the headquarters of the Discovery Channel and held a few people hostage. His reason for doing so was that he wanted the Discovery Channel to air a television show in prime time that would discuss his view on the best way to save the planet. As a quote from him used in the article on Wired.com says, "Focus must be given on how people can live WITHOUT giving birth to more filthy human children since those new additions continue pollution and are pollution."

As I said, this is interesting enough to me to start a discussion on. What do you think of the overall situation? What do you think of his views on how to save the planet?

Source

This has nothing to do with Ishmael other than this person found a convenient metaphor for acting out his own personal frustrations.
    (last sentence in the quoted article)

I think that states it the best. I find it interesting that this individual believed that the Discovery Channel could be the savior of humanity just by broadcasting his message. I think this is just another case of an individual who became irrationally obsessed with a literary interest.

(As a side note, I don't think protesting for/against a belief is wrong - as long as that belief is realistic. Thinking you can save the world by holding an innocent person hostage while demanding a game show about continuing the human race without reproduction be made just does not seem sane.)

edit: typo
    Last edited by Knives; 09-01-2010 at 06:48 PM.

MK ULTRA mhmmmmm

+ Reply to Thread