+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Running Raids for Monies!

Default Running Raids for Monies!

As the title says, What are your thoughts on running raids to earn in-game money(whatever the currency may be)

Allow me to explain what I mean for those who may not know.

Running raids to earn cash, is merely running & organizing a raid(friends, guildies, etc) that is comprised of a large majority of players that are already geared or have all the items from that raid instance. Then, in the empty slots for the raid, you will invite players that are in need of items from said raid instance. IF an item drops that one of these people would like, they enter a bidding system. The item is then "sold" to the highest bidder.

Now the group that enter the raid to hopefully bid on a piece of gear, will not receive any proceeds from any sale of items.

Thus, resulting in making money for the others participating in the raid.

There are a number of variables involved that can change the amount of money made for each participant, the time it takes to complete, the difficulty, etc. However, above you can see the general idea.

Of course rules and everything pertaining to the raid can change and can be determined by the group or person hosting the raid.

I personally am all for this. If a group of people or player has all needed gear from an instance and has an opportunity to assist and/or make some money , why not do it?

/Discuss - no forum pvps!

Soulwalker

Sounds interesting and worth some thought.

I would love to run a raid for someone else as long as I get paid Im the nice guy that lets people have whatever gear they want from a raid as long as I dont need it ^_^ Why be greedy help your fellow mates out!

in WoW thats called a GDKP system... there are addons to manage it... i usually do one a week and make anywhere from 2kg to 5k gold a week.... i love the idea but i get my gear for free from the guild woot.....
    "Few are selected to to gaze into the chasm that gave us our power, most are devoured from within, yet a chosen few have the will to walk away from such discord and torment with the true knowledge of what we serve. Transformed with eyes of pure hatred, of utter disdain, bound to its will, the embodiment of a demon. And I, the greatest of its children, am here to show you true pain..." -Maerawn

I have no real issue with it aside from the fact that it is so easy to buy gold for games these days it makes it kinda cheesy. I have no interest in running or partaking in such raid either and find it lame that you can not make your own friends to do raids with but have to pay (sort of how I feel about paying for sex) but again, I guess it is up to the people leading and joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaraca View Post
    in WoW thats called a GDKP system... there are addons to manage it... i usually do one a week and make anywhere from 2kg to 5k gold a week.... i love the idea but i get my gear for free from the guild woot.....
    Yeah, thats where I first was introduced to it... but I tried to refrain from using that name lol, depending on how it can be modified to be applied to rift

This was done in EQ2 as well, it was a great way to make money for guilds... And income was split between guildies for Master spells , equipment repair ,or Guild hall rent etc.

If there is no money sink for Guilds in Rift i don't see it happening very often. No guild halls/housing (at launch) , no armor repair bills...

the downside is it helps gold sellers make money , and none of us want that.

But some folks don't have the time to commit to a Raid Guild and that should not stop them from getting the best gear IMO. I Just wish they Earned the Gold they are spending on the loot instead of just buying it , which is what happened most of the time in EQ2.

do hope this game wont make you feel like, you have to raid to have a viable char, and have a hard time understand ppl buy gear drops - mind you I d properbly spend money on items myself, if something I wanted just refused to drop, in my own raids. but over all raids should be for the fun of it, not for the uber sparklies on its own

either way currency is called the same as in EQ2, and I d be happy to sell you drops if xanadu should have troubles get the harder encounters down.

I think it's great. People should make (in-game) money at whatever they are good at and enjoy. If I hate crafting or suck at it - which i usually am/do - then I'm more than happy to pay someone to craft stuff for me. Other people may hate or suck at raiding and should be able to buy stuff from those that don't.

It makes perfect sense that the blacksmith doesn't go out to kill dragons, but rather sells enough swords to adventurers to buy himself a dragon's bounty from those same adventurers that kill the dragon with their swords. It's great for gameplay.

Also, this is very common in EQ2, many folks that run raids sell some of the raid loot that they don't need. Why let it go to waste? This is the whole reason currency was invented.

In case it's not 100% clear: for all my comments in this response, I am referring only to IN-GAME money made in-game. I'm against buying in-game stuff with rl cash.

TASC invites players that need items to pick them up at zero cost - for free. If no one needs it and someone else could use it, they are more than welcome to it.

We will do the same in Rift.
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

I'd run raids for money...typically im broke so yeah

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

If it is purely in-game and you are not only helping yourself but allowing others the chance to do their thing its a win/win. I applaud anyone with skill enough to run a raid for others - it sounds like you have a business plan in place and you should be rewarded for it.
    Shagroth, GM of Myth

a Belmont Guardian Guild
    http://www.Myth-Guild.net

Rift Master

Most of the bigger games have groups /guilds who do that kind of thing. Tbh i never was a fan of it. Ok most of the time i was in good guilds and got all my items i want sooner or later, and i also understand the people who "buy" there gear that way.

Most of this gear you buy is very expensive (mostyl its the best or one of the best things you can get for your class, it cant be traded, and you virtualy have to "pay" for the time of 20+ other raiders - so this items are expensive) and i dont want to know where the money come from. If you can "buy" the best items in game via this loop way - it may be a very good reason for some people to buy ingame money for real cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilana View Post
    TASC invites players that need items to pick them up at zero cost - for free. If no one needs it and someone else could use it, they are more than welcome to it.

We will do the same in Rift.
    That's very generous of you, however if that is done it could also result in players getting tells nearly begging them to get invited.
    Strict rules and policy would make people aware. Regardless of my opinion, nice that you do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    I'd run raids for money...typically im broke so yeah
    Always need more cash monies

I think if someone can't raid they shouldn't have raid gear but in today's 'money can buy anything' world I am in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Kula View Post
    I think if someone can't raid they shouldn't have raid gear but in today's 'money can buy anything' world I am in the minority.
    Well, this would enable certain players to raid? Whether it be at a cost or free of charge?

I always love cash monies so I would charge people for items they would like to acquire, while other people may invite them at no cost.

It's basically running an organized pick up group, but making money on it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast