+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Things should be picking up soon.

Ascendant

Default Things should be picking up soon.

Well people aren't too happy with the current state of SWTOR and a lot of them won't be renewing their sub after the free month. Also, with 1.7 coming out soon i expect to see a lot of activity in the RIFT community. I applaud thee who stayed here through all the guild break-ups and desolate population of sanctum and meridian.

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Well people aren't too happy with the current state of SWTOR and a lot of them won't be renewing their sub after the free month. Also, with 1.7 coming out soon i expect to see a lot of activity in the RIFT community. I applaud thee who stayed here through all the guild break-ups and desolate population of sanctum and meridian.
    You need to make more videos, you slacker.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    You need to make more videos, you slacker.
    ill try to get one going tomorrow

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Perhaps, but most people left long before SWTOR was released, and many never went to play SWTOR at all. But keep up the good hope.
    Ravel
    Trion should warn people suffering from claustrophobia.

So glad i had the foresight to know SWTOR would be a dissapointment, i know they have to sell their product, but you don't sell it with arrogance.

Ascendant

Everyone saw it coming that SWTOR isnt going to be IT. Hell theres more issues than I ever thought right now. Rift again could last YEARS. Rift is TW's flagship, they wont forget us. Declining in sWTOR is only matter of time, question is how fast it goes down.
    Last edited by June; 01-13-2012 at 02:27 AM.

I enjoyed my time in Swtor so much that for the first time ever yesterday i went and bought a 3month recurring sub to Rift rather than just the one.

Its a complete lemon of a game i can tell you.

God its good to be back here.

I read the swtor forums with a bag of popcorn for amusement

Quote Originally Posted by Azguard View Post
    I read the swtor forums with a bag of popcorn for amusement
    Lol same. The PvP threads were particularly entertaining.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

The sad reality is that besides the obvious, it didn't really do anything new. I think if an MMO is going to succeed, it needs to break the mould and stand out from the rest.
    There are several games due out soon which I think will do that to a degree, and some maybe moreso than others. But my hope is that Trion will push itself further in this regard and stand out more. It has huge potential, but I think needs the confidence to spread its wings and fly (yeah, it was a lame analogy, but it sounded inspiring in my head ), and separate itself from the lazy comparisons that people keep making with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Chaser View Post
    I think if an MMO is going to succeed, it needs to break the mould and stand out from the rest.
    The former is very false. The latter is very true. Rift does a lot of things to do the latter right and is a very successful MMO.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Telaran

I partly agree....swtor proved to be a complete waste of money to me, and pll are allready dripling back on my server it seems:-)

But swtor has take a huge chunk of the population and all wont come back. I still think Trion need to merge some servers...but they might wanna wait a month or so till the pop. settles.

Cheers

Ascendant

they did that yesterday ...

Things ARE picking up!! I had to pickup all of my stuff, packup 6 toons and move them to an undying shard...
    Just, comfortably numb....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rift Chaser View Post
    The sad reality is that besides the obvious, it didn't really do anything new. I think if an MMO is going to succeed, it needs to break the mould and stand out from the rest.
    There are several games due out soon which I think will do that to a degree, and some maybe moreso than others. But my hope is that Trion will push itself further in this regard and stand out more. It has huge potential, but I think needs the confidence to spread its wings and fly (yeah, it was a lame analogy, but it sounded inspiring in my head ), and separate itself from the lazy comparisons that people keep making with WoW.
    I used to think like that myself, but after seeing all kind of MMORPGs to fail Im not sure anymore, if they do something differently they need to sacrifice something. What we know for sure after all these years WOW is the only success. Not to mention if they want to be everything excellent in MMORPG, they can easily spend 200+ mill on them.
    Last edited by June; 01-13-2012 at 04:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast