+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Don't leave for SW:ToR. I'm back from it!

Soulwalker

Default Don't leave for SW:ToR. I'm back from it!

Hey all! Just wanted to say Hi, I'm back! I left the game some months ago, eagerly waiting for SW:ToR.

I found good at first but today I choose to come back to Rift. PVP is better everything is better!

See you in game!

So your reasoning for coming back is "everything is better"? I guess that works.

Welcome back !
    Evandro, Retired

Welcome back. One of many, hopefully.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

well, i'm not actually gone yet. but, i'm thinking of staying rift after 3 days of game play with swtor. reasons?

1. no multiple specs. I LOVE THIS FEATURE from rift...i can tank on my rogue. you want me to dps? sure, marksman here i come. support? no problem, bard it is.

2. grouping. yes, it's a mmorpg. i want to group, and not with just my companion! >.>

3. oh, for you people complaint about frequent updates for 30mins that trion makes? BE THANKFUL!!! their updates are weekly and take upto 8 hours, eventhough i'm at work.

4. omg, the numbers of bugs, that still exist in that game, are A LOT!

5. last but not least, the speed and amount of content add to rift are unheard of in this industry. i hope trion will never stop that.

BUT! the one thing that i hope trion helps me play this game longer is to fix WFs. i have 4 level 50s (both factions) and i'm not enjoying WFs because i get pwned by higher ranks. SWTOR let lvl10s in with lvl50s. i think that's pretty awesome. yes, i get owned too, but i also do damage and heal as needed.

there...you have it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    So your reasoning for coming back is "everything is better"? I guess that works.

Yup!

I've played SW:Tor until lvl 35 and I thought it was getting so boring! Only 3 PVP warzone that you can't even choose, all random! This game really is a WoW clone with Star Wars textures.

I know it's a new game, but I just loved Rift more!

Until ArcheAge (if it ever comes up in NA) Rift is gonna be the only game I play!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jaserion View Post
    well, i'm not actually gone yet. but, i'm thinking of staying rift after 3 days of game play with swtor. reasons?

1. no multiple specs. I LOVE THIS FEATURE from rift...i can tank on my rogue. you want me to dps? sure, marksman here i come. support? no problem, bard it is.

2. grouping. yes, it's a mmorpg. i want to group, and not with just my companion! >.>

3. oh, for you people complaint about frequent updates for 30mins that trion makes? BE THANKFUL!!! their updates are weekly and take upto 8 hours, eventhough i'm at work.

4. omg, the numbers of bugs, that still exist in that game, are A LOT!

5. last but not least, the speed and amount of content add to rift are unheard of in this industry. i hope trion will never stop that.

BUT! the one thing that i hope trion helps me play this game longer is to fix WFs. i have 4 level 50s (both factions) and i'm not enjoying WFs because i get pwned by higher ranks. SWTOR let lvl10s in with lvl50s. i think that's pretty awesome. yes, i get owned too, but i also do damage and heal as needed.

there...you have it.

Yup, this

SWTOR let lvl10s in with lvl50s.
    What? How is that a good thing? Or does your level scale up to 50 like in Guild Wars?

Soulwalker

What? How is that a good thing? Or does your level scale up to 50 like in Guild Wars?
    Yes it does scale.

Ascendant

Same hp, you just don't have all of your abilities at 10.
    www.maximation.us
    #1 Guardian raiding guild. Check us out if you think you have what it takes!

-Opi & Opii @ Shatterbone

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Payvay View Post
    Hey all! Just wanted to say Hi, I'm back! I left the game some months ago, eagerly waiting for SW:ToR.

I found good at first but today I choose to come back to Rift. PVP is better everything is better!

See you in game!
    Yes, Doc, you did send me back to the future! But I'm back, Doc, I'm back FROM the future.

...Great...Scott...

/faint

I would like to add to the other bad things I found in that other game that the OP is returning from:

UI can not be adjusted at all nothing can not even move bag out of the way I mean NOTHING

Oh wait you can move your chat box, i lied; you can move it out of the way from here <<<<<<<<<< to there out of the way and then move it back

And all servers go down for maintenance at the same time . US and EU and last weeks took 10 hours

Despite the Huge amount of post about bugs and issues, they did manage to fix...ready? ...get ready this is amazing....

you can not emote from your mount and a typo....Awwwwwwwwwww now that is some good fixin

They have a great CS team monitoring the forums, if you want threads closed and moved. Not so much if you want acknowledgement or answers
    Have you ever wanted to?

I don't think people give Rift enough credit for just how difficult it is to back to a 1 role character after playing this game. For all of its flaws, Rift has made every character you have ever had in any MMO and any character you probably ever will have in any MMO seem one dimensional and boring.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    I don't think people give Rift enough credit for just how difficult it is to back to a 1 role character after playing this game. For all of its flaws, Rift has made every character you have ever had in any MMO and any character you probably ever will have in any MMO seem one dimensional and boring.

I kind of liken the whole transition from a 5 role, multi-soul system to going from SD to HD TV and then trying to watch SD TV again.

For all of its balancing problems, I wouldn't trade Rift's soul system for the world. For whatever SWTOR is revolutionizing with the single player, Rift has how you think about role flexibility.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 01-04-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

RIFT Guide Writer Sinfullysweet's Avatar

I couldn't get into SWTOR (played beta), just not a Star Wars fan at all. Great for those who love the game though!

Sinfullysweet of Grievance on Wolfsbane
    PLAY ~*~Twitter ~*~ Raptr ~*~ Sinfullysweet's Steam ~*~ Sin's Xbox Profile
    WorldofWardrobes.net is no longer available due to hosting issues *RIP*.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast