+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns owners

what do you do with all this weaponry?

hypothetical invasion scenarios are like wrapping non-reason with intellectualism.
    Last edited by karmafeast; 01-17-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karmafeast View Post
    when there's 90 guns per 100 people in the USA (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSL2834893820070828) at what point does it become an arms race and madness?

it is highly unlikely that you will need to overthrow a tyrannical government in 2011.
    True...but sure came in handy when someone attempted to car jack me....on two separate occasions. And no I was not in a "bad area" or looking for trouble...just lucky like that apparently.

i'm not surprised at the desire to defend oneself when you pretty much have to assume any 'bad guy' is armed to the teeth.

what I simply cannot fathom is the need for only slightly sub-millitary grade mega death cannons, armor piercing bullets (for really really think deer skulls?) etc.

Rift Chaser

hypothetical invasion scenarios are like wrapping non-reason with intellectualism.
    I think you missed the part where I said I don't own a single gun.

Here in my parts wild pigs are at epidemic levels, so people shoot them. Hunting is a viable past time. Sport shooting at ranges is some peoples bowling. There are several non-violent uses for guns. Also, at some point, America will be invaded. Probably not in my life-time but at some point it will happen. (I'm watching you Canada).

I wonder how many jews would have lived if they had a way to defend themselves
    I wonder how many r@pist would die if women had a way to defend themselves

Its easy to bash guns if you live a nice soft quite life in the middle of know where, but here in america the ghetto's suck, and id been danm'd if any one tried to cause harm to me or my family or my property.
    When you grow up and own something other then a toon in an mmo you will understand
    Last edited by zaco; 01-17-2011 at 06:40 PM.

i'm 31 years old, have a husband and a family, and live just outside DC (grew up in uk)...

petulant, dismissive, and quite frankly fail attempts at character boxing aside...

defense of you or your family does not equate to displaying your 'tools' on a video game forum.

Nice mods Nevron

i'm 31 years old, have a husband and a family, and live just outside DC (grew up in uk)...

petulant, dismissive, and quite frankly fail attempts at character boxing aside...

defense of you or your family does not equate to displaying your 'tools' on a video game forum.
    Does the concept of a collector escape your elitist rationalism?

People have different hobbies, and collect different things. There doesn't have to be a definitive reason that coincides with what you're able to rationalize as reasonable.

and stating a opinion trying to bait and troll people do?

Last time i checked no one had a gun to your head and making you look at my tread.

and its in off topic??????
    Last edited by zaco; 01-17-2011 at 06:46 PM.

you make a good point Nevron - all i see is death and a tool for causing suffering.

you are clearly a tinkerer, an engineer - that thing you built looks nothing like it did at the start. just don't let some 8 year old hold it and shoot his head off.

btw - yours looks way better than that first guys ;p

I think the second mod to that... Ak? Looks pretty cool. Makes it look scifi. Do they actually shoot, or are they disarmed?

I always wanted to get some old gun and mod it to make it look steampunk or scifi.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

i'm not surprised at the desire to defend oneself when you pretty much have to assume any 'bad guy' is armed to the teeth.

what I simply cannot fathom is the need for only slightly sub-millitary grade mega death cannons, armor piercing bullets (for really really think deer skulls?) etc.

You are showing how foolish you are. The fact that you don't understand the purpose for guns is evident. And your defense of your moronic position saying that you can't fathom the need for "death cannons, armor piercing bullets" is moot. You posted an ignorant comment after the OP posted a picture of a Springfield XDm with a FMJ round. You DO NOT know what you're talking about.

It's unfortunate that other countries have banned guns. Because then law-abiding citizens like yourself have no means to defend themselves when the "bad-guy" who could give a rat's *** about your gun laws comes knocking on your door. Here we have the right to responsibly carry and own guns.

I agree that the idea of a wide-spread invasion is silly (who would dare do that to the USA? giggles...), but if I WERE going to invade a country, I'd rather invade one that has banned guns so when I throw off the established government, pretty much all opposition will have seemingly taken care of.

As for myself, I love Sig Sauer. Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm (thought about .40, but I like to shoot a lot and 9mm is a lot cheaper and a good 9mm hollow point will drop someone quite easy). I don't mean to scare karmafeast with my SUPER-MEGA DEATH-CANNON WITH ARMOR PIERCING BULLETS AND SHARKS WITH LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS.

I also have a Marlin .30-.30 which my dad got me years ago. Nice little carbine, but really wish I had a bolt action. If you happen to miss with a lever action, reloading will completely take you off-target.

Edit: I like the grip on that AK a lot, Nevron. Very nice.
    Last edited by Tragedy; 01-17-2011 at 06:52 PM.

I don't need a flag, Mr. Christian. Unlike you I still have a country. (Captain Blythe)
    In war (and PvP) it's not who's right, it's who's left.
    I will have my Vengeance. In this life or the next

you make a good point Nevron - all i see is death and a tool for causing suffering.

you are clearly a tinkerer, an engineer - that thing you built looks nothing like it did at the start. just don't let some 8 year old hold it and shoot his head off.

btw - yours looks way better than that first guys ;p
    And all i see is a coward with other people protecting them

every time i look at a car i think of a drunk driver, NO ONE SHOULD DRIVE CARS NOW

nope, someone from the UK.
    We get it, you dont like guns.

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’

— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

‘‘I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.’’
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

‘‘Four out of five politicians surveyed prefer unarmed, ignorant peasants.’’

— Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast