+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: trion worlds supports SOPA

Quote Originally Posted by Hartsman View Post
    Hi, folks - Extremely quick reply since I'm out on vacation:

We definitely do not support SOPA.

We’ll be calling the ESA about this after the holiday weekend.

- Scott
    ZOMG such quick reply. I love that Trion actually does read the forums and feedback and responds. <3 you Scott and enjoy the rest of your vacation cuz come January it's morphin time! ;)

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meekx View Post
    Here's a updated list on Wiki ESA is still listed there.
    The ESA is the sort of trade organization you join in the vain hope that occasionally you'll be able to get them to shut up and stop hurting your business. It's not that you actually like what they do, it's that you want to get a say in it. MHO.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    The ESA is the sort of trade organization you join in the vain hope that occasionally you'll be able to get them to shut up and stop hurting your business. It's not that you actually like what they do, it's that you want to get a say in it. MHO.
    That does'nt change the fact, that if that given organization goes out and supports something that controversial, then the members will be considered supporters as well to common man.

It is however, commendable that Mr. Hartsman was fast on the trigger, and spoke their stance on the matter.

I think that's why Trion will be calling the ESA next week.

But... In general, I try not to draw too many inferences from what trade associations support, because a lot of the time their members haven't even been asked about it.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

well good thing i brought this topic up, because hartsman wouldn't have called them if i haven't made this thread

/pat in the back for me

Quote Originally Posted by smizmar View Post
    well good thing i brought this topic up, because hartsman wouldn't have called them if i haven't made this thread
    Citation needed.

/pat in the back for me
    Not really, no. You made a false claim about a company which had no obvious purpose other than damaging their reputation, and you provided non-evidence and pretended it was evidence.

I will continue to read the forums, but not your posts. Stuff like this isn't helpful.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Valhalla Tea's Avatar

Default I rly don't like this Act

After watching this http://boingboing.net/2011/12/02/ste...ains-sopa.html, I agree that this act is the worst one for the Internet development. It's a net-killing act! Even Justin Bieber will be in jail. I hope Trion will not support it. It's rediculous
    Last edited by Valhalla Tea; 12-30-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Citation needed.

Not really, no. You made a false claim about a company which had no obvious purpose other than damaging their reputation, and you provided non-evidence and pretended it was evidence.

I will continue to read the forums, but not your posts. Stuff like this isn't helpful.
    but more importantly, he interrupted Mr. Hartsmans vacation
    "All we had to do was follow the damn train CJ"

RIFT Fan Site Operator Valhalla Tea's Avatar

- Scott

cheering for Trion XD

Every time I read this acronym I am reminded that I am Hispanic and SOPA in Spanish means soup and it makes me hungry D:
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedon97 View Post
    Ummm, what is SOPA?
    Stopping online privacy act.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Stopping online privacy act.
    Soup Into Personal Amouths.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

So much for trying out Perfect World.
    "You lost me at Balance"

- Scott

Awesome to hear!
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Plane Walker

There is nothing wrong with the idea of piracy protection. Things should be kept safe and ensured that their developers get their earned money (the developers, not the publishing companies which I feel in many cases rake in the cash who don't deserve it). While SOPA sounds like a good idea, it just steps way to far out of bounds. Really looking into it, its just a good way to censor media and give big money even more power. It steps far beyond what it should ever be doing. If it goes through, say farewell to 75% of the american population because I'm sure they have done something to violate the bill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast