+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PnP RPGs

Default PnP RPGs

Who plays them?

Today I broke down and bought the Pathfinder RPG. Ive been oogling the beautiful art for months and even bought one of the novels written by one of my favourite authors (Elaine Cunningham).

Its pretty standard DnD type setting but the art sold me... and so far its kinda neat.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Pathfinder is simply D&D 3.5 continued. It arose because of the split between those who wanted to play the already established current line, and those who were doing the generational move to 4e along with Wizards.

Of the two, I personally prefer the Pathfinder way of doing things. But D&D 4e is still fun.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

I have a preference for some homebrew systems, but part of that stems from helping the creators develop them, as well as the creators being very good GMs that know how keep things interesting, even after a decade and a half of playing.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

Not strictly done by any rulesets, but I've done some roleplaying with a few friends before in class. "House Rules" sort of thing, we managed to pull a decent DM into it and he kinda wrote the rules as we went along.

It's a shame we never really got to finish that campaign... I want more now but have no friends after moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Being a military brat, I never got to put down roots, never had a best-friend.. and now as an adult, I still dont really think I have put down any roots. >.> As long as I have been here I have yet to make any solid friends. Most everyone I have been acquainted with have been fake un-friends. So I never got to do pnp games. I love the books more for the settings and art than I do for any sort of gaming enjoyment.

I did WoD rp chat in yahoo for a few years which was alot of fun I was one of the original founders of a long running Boston wod setting... which lead to my love of RPing in mmos.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

+ Reply to Thread