+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Michael Jackson vs Elvis Presley?

Wink Michael Jackson vs Elvis Presley?

So I just thought it would be cool to see how many people prefer Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley...

KING OF POP VS KING OF ROCK...........

Of course I choose the King of Pop Michael Jackson... No hesitation, Michael Jackson is a PURE legend, there are alot of legends as Bob Marley, Elvis, Queen, Beatles, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith... But Michael Jackson was different.. I mean when I was a kid now I'm an old goof Thriller is still in my head seeing him dance that video was just like a scar for life.. Pure enrgy no other singer/band can bring...!

What do you think?
    "You will wander the underworld, blind, deaf and dumb, and all the dead will know, this is Hector. The fool who thought he killed Achilles."

The problem with me is these artists are from two different music generations. So I am bias to MJ.

Rift Disciple

Personally, i would have to go with Michael, if only that is who i grew up with. My parents did not listen to elvis, so i wasnt really exposed to him unitl later in life, whereas i rememerb seeing the thriller video when i was a youngin and it stuck with me.

However, at the same time i dont think you can pick between the two if you go by their influence on a generation. They both broke new ground during their careers and are legends. Both are still influincing new artists. Both broke through the color barriers that were (and in some cases sadly still are) in place, and appealed to all sides. Both are still relevent to music today. Granted, some would argue that without elvis there would not be michael or rock in generl, but i dont think this is so.

i was going to make another point, but it has escaped me right now. In the end, both EP and MJ will be regarded as legends of music and will live on forever.

Shadowlander Jack dumpster so natural's Avatar

Elvis for the win the only thing he loved inappropriately was bacon banana peanut butter sandwhiches and cheesy Hawaiian movies that made him seem really nerdy.

MJ did that free willy song and that did make me Jamon slightly but I never really cared for his pro zombie dancing stance.
    I use to play Warhammer, and I look forward to playing this game. But I will never forget that this game isn't warhammer ever You and me and Jeremy Piven caught up in this livin', seriously turkey for the poor people, the poor people.

Elvis , just for the fact the MJ touched kids in bad places and just weird. But everyone seems to forgot all that mess. And the fact that he touched kids and is funereal has gotten more air time then all the troops who died oversee's combined.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uzVZA7KHnG.../mj%2Bbaby.jpg
    Last edited by zaco; 01-17-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Weren't most of Elvis' songs written for him? As far as I know, his primary talent was charisma.

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was a poll / debate on who the bigger junkie was.
    ...my bad.

Rift Chaser

I prefer Elvis as the lesser of two evils. Micheal jackson only had a few songs that I would consider good, Elvis had a few more that I would consider good. Neither are as good as The Beatles.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by zaco View Post
    Elvis , just for the fact the MJ touched kids in bad places and just weird. But everyone seems to forgot all that mess. And the fact that he touched kids and is funereal has gotten more air time then all the troops who died oversee's combined.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uzVZA7KHnG.../mj%2Bbaby.jpg
    Please don't be disrespectful. All I'm looking here for is opinions. Plus Michael Jackson has achieved more than you can in 10 lives combined... Please respect the dead and the legend's.. And the "MJ touched kids" is all lies by the media to bring the biggest legend down to dirt. Think before you speak and have respect! Thanks.
    "You will wander the underworld, blind, deaf and dumb, and all the dead will know, this is Hector. The fool who thought he killed Achilles."

I don't particularly care for either of them. A drug addict, and a pedobear**, I personally have 1000 times more respect for this guy.

http://propagandist101.files.wordpre...0/06/gaahl.jpg
    Last edited by Lord_Dretch; 01-18-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: **ped0phile was blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Achillies View Post
    Please don't be disrespectful. All I'm looking here for is opinions. Plus Michael Jackson has achieved more than you can in 10 lives combined... Please respect the dead and the legend's.. And the "MJ touched kids" is all lies by the media to bring the biggest legend down to dirt. Think before you speak and have respect! Thanks.
    pretty disrespectful to play with kids if you ask me . The only people who psychotic then mj is his fans who refuse to believe that he is a clown and a baby toucher.

get a clue and a real hero next time.
    http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famec...th/jackson.jpg
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ra6GzhOtg8...s400/jacko.jpg

Can sing with out computer help, doesn't have to wow people with stage performance , only needs his voice, classy , Also anthor big plus is HE DOESN'T SLEEP IN BEDS WITH KIDS

/tread
    http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/f/f...t-the-best.jpg

I think you need to speak in Haiku again man... I preferred that to this prose stuff you are writing now.

Btw I prefer Michael over Elvis... ONLY BY A SMALL MARGIN! Off the wall > In The Ghetto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrd3lSn5FqQ
    THIS is Michael Jackson... not who he became before he died. THIS is how I will remember him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw
    In my opinion one of the best songs Elvis has ever done!

Only reason I prefer MJ in this comparison is because of the bassline. I am a bassist. That bassline is just simply funkier!
    Last edited by Belenos; 01-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Dretch View Post
    I don't particularly care for either of them. A drug addict, and a pedobear**, I personally have 1000 times more respect for this guy.

http://propagandist101.files.wordpre...0/06/gaahl.jpg
    ^This. Ghaal wins

Quote Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
    As the snow flies
    On a cold and gray Chicago mornin'
    A poor little baby child is born
    In the ghetto
    And his mama cries
    'cause if there's one thing that she don't need
    it's another hungry mouth to feed
    In the ghetto

People, don't you understand
    the child needs a helping hand
    or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day
    Take a look at you and me,
    are we too blind to see,
    do we simply turn our heads
    and look the other way

Well the world turns
    and a hungry little boy with a runny nose
    plays in the street as the cold wind blows
    In the ghetto

And his hunger burns
    so he starts to roam the streets at night
    and he learns how to steal
    and he learns how to fight
    In the ghetto

Then one night in desperation
    a young man breaks away
    He buys a gun, steals a car,
    tries to run, but he don't get far
    And his mama cries

As a crowd gathers 'round an angry young man
    face down on the street with a gun in his hand
    In the ghetto

As her young man dies,
    on a cold and gray Chicago mornin',
    another little baby child is born
    In the ghetto

I love this song. The lyrics are killer.
    Last edited by Aurelie; 01-18-2011 at 11:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread