+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ideas and Opinions: 2012 (The end of the world as we know it?)

Telaran

Default Ideas and Opinions: 2012 (The end of the world as we know it?)

There probably have been threads like this before in the past but I didn't see any so I created this one.

I was watching some things on the History/Discovery/Science channels recently and in the past and the topic has always interested me. I'm looking for like-minded individuals to post their thoughts/ideas/opinions on the events of 2012 and perhaps your own theory of what might or might not occur.

If you're wondering what I personally think well.. I think something is going to happen personally, I'm just not 100% sure what I believe is going to happen yet. Call it a feeling, hunch or whatever you like but based on what I've seen around me in real life and read/heard from reliable sources I think this issue is truly something to worry about. If you don't believe in it or think it's a hoax, etc. well... "Better safe than sorry."

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgun View Post
    Call it a feeling, hunch or whatever you like but based on what I've seen around me in real life and read/heard from reliable sources I think this issue is truly something to worry about.
    I'd probably call it something else, myself.

There's no reason to believe anything is going to happen. There's less to worry about than there was for Y2K.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shield of Telara

Tell you what...

Let's make a bet. If nothing happens you give me $1000. If something does happen I will give you all of my possessions. You will want all my stuff to help you make it through the end of times.

Didn't you people learn anything from the Y2K scare? Or do you insist on buying into the hysteria?
    Riler - Future Guardian Warladin Knight
    <Pain>

History Channel is already running the story on how Sir Isaac Newton has calculated doomsday to happen in 2060.
    I guess 2012 is too close and since nothing's going to happen they needed a new date so they can milk that cash cow for another 5 decades. And guess what? Around 2058 they'll come up with another number in the 2100's.

Telaran

Let's not start bashing each other... Y2K has literally nothing to do with this, unless you seem to think they are the same event? .. Which they aren't.

Also I'm pretty sure you aren't 25,800 years old are you? Ah that's right you aren't. Wel this event only happens every 25,800 years.. Pretty sure no one was around to record the event back then. Even if they did and it were true, said evidence would be gone.

Telaran

Sir Issac Newton also predicted the polar shift of 2012. As for 2060... Ive never heard of anything related to that date. I think a comet or asteroid is suppose to come close by in 2029 and 2036.
    Last edited by Kurgun; 01-17-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Oh no it's happening again?
    Finally finished my bomb shelter last weekend. Think I better hide in it till the next thread.

it is interesting to note that the next US election is in 2012.. The balance of the world could very well depend on the results of that election.. Being an established super power of the world and gradually seeing such a heavy and dangerous divide amongst its people in favor of "Democrat" or "Republican", we are teetering on the brink of self implosion. And once a nation as powerful as the US has its knees buckled by hint of "civil unrest" you can guarantee to find that world wide diplomatic discussions and "sanctions" will do no more good.

And i feel that whoever gets into office in 2012 will have a choice to make, and if , as a people, we cry for blood yet again.. It will be the end..

I was watching some things on the History/Discovery/Science channels recently and in the past and the topic has always interested me.
    The Science channel doesn't run 2012 crap, does it? I know Discovery & History have gone down the toilet in recent years with all the Bible Code and UFO nonsense, but I thought the Science channel was still a bastion of actual science.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgun View Post
    Let's not start bashing each other... Y2K has literally nothing to do with this, unless you seem to think they are the same event? .. Which they aren't.

Also I'm pretty sure you aren't 25,800 years old are you? Ah that's right you aren't. Wel this event only happens every 25,800 years.. Pretty sure no one was around to record the event back then. Even if they did and it were true, said evidence would be gone.
    Hey guys let's not bash each other okay? *Starts bashing people*

The world is 6+ billion years old. Some calendar that reaches the end of a cycle every 30k years and starts over is not evidence or a prediction or anything of that nature.

Evidence of a world-wide catastrophe 30k years ago would be gone? How do you figure? We can track every major volcanic eruption, magnetic shift, climate change, celestial impact or anything else you can think of back for hundreds of thousands of years, or millions in many cases.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

I don't need a flag, Mr. Christian. Unlike you I still have a country. (Captain Blythe)
    In war (and PvP) it's not who's right, it's who's left.
    I will have my Vengeance. In this life or the next

every generation believes it is on the cusp of apocalypse, that some messiah will descend or that they're in some way special or fated.

just monkeys scratching their bums.

You guys seriously do not think that man has the power to unmake? You guys are thinking to "Sci-Fi" in this matter of the earth just exploding or being pulled into the sun etc.. What about conflict? Is that also "too far fetched" of a "doomsday" scenario?

We have very calculating instruments of death available to us.. And they are held back by a single, fragile thread..

Telaran

Well let me clarify since everyone is being so critical about every word I say and perhaps not getting what I was meaning. I didn't EVER say "omg omg 2012 is the end of the world" I said I feel like something could happen, I never said what. I believe even if 2012 doesn't occur we'll end up throwing bombs at each other in the near future.

As for the guy talking about the Science Channel showing "actual science" um... Are you serious? Alot of the things they show are purely theory. 2012 itself is just a theory most people just think it's related to the Mayan calendar predicting the end... Not exactly. Scientists also think the galactic alignment that day could switch the Earth's poles. NONE of us know what occurred the last time it happened and we won't until it happens again.

Once again I'm looking for your own theories and ideas about the subject I'm not looking for you to bash mine.
    Last edited by Kurgun; 01-17-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Telaran

Also thanks Vyeth for posting your own thoughts. I definitely agree.
    Last edited by Kurgun; 01-17-2011 at 09:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast