+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Aion Vs Rift

Ptk
    Telaran

Default Aion Vs Rift

I find that a main difference between the two is Aion focused on making the miniscule grandesque while Rift makes the grandesque miniscule. Aion is like "oh yea hey, check out these details, all these little things in the game are so finely attuned, your graphx r having an ****** and then the fort wars your like HOLY CRAP THESE R INSANE BUT I FKING LAGGG RAAAGE>

Now in Rift it seems to be "oh hey yea, Massive invasion? Beutiful strategic map that makes YOU ******. No biggie just gonna have this massive war right infront of you. Join if you wish, no big deal, dont even worry bout it. Minimal lag and tons of fun.

Rift community gets 5 stars aswell. Unincluding those wow trolls.

Rift Disciple

Aion Vs Rift... I don't see it. I get Warhammer Online Vs Rift and I kind of get WoW Vs Rift, but imo they only thing Aion and Rift have in common is that thay are both MMO's, everything else is just a totally different approach to MMO gaming.

Aion automatically loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wat View Post
    When a flat-chested girl hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlugon Pyro View Post
    I have a bottle right next to me but if attractive women looked like that I might as well be gay.

i can see how you think aion and rift are similar - probably based upon the graphics more than anything. The rift graphics are more realistic like aion, rather than the cartoon type wow crap.
    I do hope that one day in the future we can bring in a flying element to rift. Something that really takes physics into consideration - drive bombing, wind gusts etc... It's possible.

Shadowlander

No Contest. Aion was garbage from the get go.

Rift has depth to it and no grindfest if you choose not to level that way.

Rift dungeons are much more rewarding to play in. Remember Aion boss mobs were never guaranteed to drop anything and frequently didn't, and you could do an entire dungeon in that game and not gain a single reward for your time and effort. PVP was limited to when and where you had an open rift, and higher levels could only enter like three of them, severely limiting pvp time, and deaths returned you to your kiosks which could be destroyed. And in Aion you could um, fly...that's a pretty big difference.

And yeah, the lack of quests and meaningful content for a good portion of each level meant grinding a lot, and the grinding was tedious as hell.
    Last edited by Safia; 01-17-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54822&dateline=131225  5993

Rift Disciple

Trion hits Ncsoft for over 9000 damage

Critical Hit!!!

Champion

Why must peole always try and compare Rift to other games? Rift is not WoW it isn't Aion, it isn't DAoC or any other game, it is Rift. It's like trying to compare apples to oranges.
    People don't read or if they do they fail to comprehend.

Artistically Aion is a second place champion. Even though I dont like the artistic difference between the NPCs and PCs in Rift, they are more... unique than all the super-deformed characters that players could force others to look at.

Everything else, Aion fails at miserably.

Sorry NCsoft, but I tried your carefully masked asian grinder three times now, and if third times not a charm that means that I wont waste my money anymore.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Ptk
    Telaran

Default yeaa

Aion was close to one of my first mmo's other than like runescape which i played till vll 20 and quit. So its the only one i can really compare. What made me play aion and hooked me was the concept of wings. Ive always had a thing for flying. I always wanted to be able to fly as a superpower. If Rift gets a flying element. I will litterly like subscribe for life. It would be perfect!

Ptk
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cefrum View Post
    Why must peole always try and compare Rift to other games? Rift is not WoW it isn't Aion, it isn't DAoC or any other game, it is Rift. It's like trying to compare apples to oranges.
    I ate strawberry icecream, it was good. I tried blueberry icecream, it was better. I just compared the two. I see two girls, they both look available, You compare them to try and find out which one you should go for/which 1 you have a chance/on how many levels you will get denied. Comparing is just human nature. And i do it as sort of a Goodbye to aion and hello to rift tribute.

Smile

I love aion and still play it. Don't know why people hate it so much, I guess a lot has changed since launch. I love the open world PvP. I guess its just my style of gaming.

Rift is utterly and completely like Rift.

and i like Rift. if you like aion, or wow, or AoC, or WAR, or any game whatsoever, play that game. most of us in this forum are here for Rift. Erecting a flimsy strawman like Aion is just beating a dead horse. no, those twitches arent life.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Banned

It looks great until you actually start to move

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/1769/aion0195y.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ptk View Post
    I find that a main difference between the two is Aion focused on making the miniscule grandesque while Rift makes the grandesque miniscule. Aion is like "oh yea hey, check out these details, all these little things in the game are so finely attuned, your graphx r having an ****** and then the fort wars your like HOLY CRAP THESE R INSANE BUT I FKING LAGGG RAAAGE>

Now in Rift it seems to be "oh hey yea, Massive invasion? Beutiful strategic map that makes YOU ******. No biggie just gonna have this massive war right infront of you. Join if you wish, no big deal, dont even worry bout it. Minimal lag and tons of fun.

Rift community gets 5 stars aswell. Unincluding those wow trolls.
    In all honesty, who cares?!

It doe not matter who Rift is going up against, there are tons of MMOS out not just Aion. Yes, Rift maybe better then this game or that game, but it does not mean it is a means to an end for the current MMOs. Many MMOs do have a fan base and those people would never leave.

Saying Rift is better or is going to destory the current MMOS is pure speculation more then opinion. AOC tried to trump WoW for example and they failed miserably.

I for one do not care if Rift is better then any other MMO because I have not played them all, I do not care if Rift goes up against "Hello Kitty Island Adventures." IF your a fan of Rift by all means support it, but breaking out the bets and saying Rift will win in the "arms race" is just plain grade school b.s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast