+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi Trion, this is how you do it.

Default Hi Trion, this is how you do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFjQolsHtg

I know what's gonn' keep me occupied until beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Azendi View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFjQolsHtg

I know what's gonn' keep me occupied until beta.
    It might be worth mentioning that it took them half a decade to actually get that character creation system after years of promising. The old one was awful.
    - Home of my Rift Beta liveblog.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenor View Post
    It might be worth mentioning that it took them half a decade to actually get that character creation system after years of promising. The old one was awful.
    Not to mention it's pointless in EVE. EVE is a great game, there's just no purpose to your avatar. I hope the new expansion or whatever gives you something to do with it.
    Gestalt - Dayblind <PvP> - Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Schall View Post
    Not to mention it's pointless in EVE. EVE is a great game, there's just no purpose to your avatar. I hope the new expansion or whatever gives you something to do with it.
    This. And it's not like you're encased in a massive metal/mail/lather/cloth set of armour virtually all the time in Rift anyway.

Thoroughly against a *cross-server* dungeon finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenor View Post
    The old one was amazing for its time, I do remember, because I played it at the time.

They're releasing Incarna in summer sometime, meaning you can indeed walk around and whatnot. So not quite.

Shadowlander

No matter what anyone thinks of Eve. You got to admit that`s one impressive character creator program.

EVE is an impressive game. I just don't like spaceships enough to play it. Even thou Freespace was one of my favourite games, i just can't think of myself playing EVE for long.
    Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3 Ghz // GA-790XTA-UD4
    4GB DDR3 // WD SATA3 1TB
    Radeon HD6850 // Thermaltake V6 BE
    Thermaltake W0379RU // Razer Lachesis

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdlife View Post
    EVE is an impressive game. I just don't like spaceships enough to play it. Even thou Freespace was one of my favourite games, i just can't think of myself playing EVE for long.
    I tried it about a year ago, maybe a little more. I couldn't get over the real time travel times. It was driving me insane.

I do know it's incredibly rich and this character creator adds to it. I just don't see the point of it in that kind of game.

In Rift, the view of your character is mostly from the back and it's mostly from a distance, so I can forgive if the character creation was not the number 1 priority. Would I like more options in character creation? Sure. I just don't think it's done anything wrong with what it has already.
    Gestalt - Dayblind <PvP> - Defiant

Default O.O

DAMN. I had read an article about the new avatar creation but I had no idea it was this awesome. Best part is it launches tomorrow!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Azendi View Post
    They're releasing Incarna in summer sometime, meaning you can indeed walk around and whatnot. So not quite.
    Outside of the social aspect, yes, it IS pointless.

They waste my sub money on this garbage, instead of resolving the horrendously boring sov mechanics, or the lag issues of large scale battles revolving around those same crap mechanics. Replacing tower grinding with station grinding isn't an "improvement".

Giving me a plastic toy to play with inside the station isn't going to win me a war against boredom and lag.

Typical CCP. Priorities all screwed up.
    "Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet."

Get your very own Rift dps meter here.

Rift Chaser

I have to agree with the people saying "so what". In EvE all your avatar is is a picture in the corner of your screen. In Rift, you actually have to animate it running around and doing things. Yeah, it's a cool avatar creator, but it's not really comparable to Rift, as the end product is totally different in terms of function.

Not to mention EvE is the single most boring MMO ever made. I had a friend who was super into it - I did less Excel spreadsheets in accounting class than he did for EvE.

Whoop de doo. We aren't playing SIMS here. The Aion character creator irritated me as it was just a long drawn out process of creating your character and in the end the only ones that really stood out were the stupid looking ones with ridiculously long lanky legs and affro's. Alot of wasted time for very little gain.

Trion just needs to perhaps throw in a few more options with their current sliders and perhaps a bit more shader variety.

I tried it about a year ago, maybe a little more. I couldn't get over the real time travel times. It was driving me insane.

I do know it's incredibly rich and this character creator adds to it. I just don't see the point of it in that kind of game.

In Rift, the view of your character is mostly from the back and it's mostly from a distance, so I can forgive if the character creation was not the number 1 priority. Would I like more options in character creation? Sure. I just don't think it's done anything wrong with what it has already.
    I do think the char creation is disgraceful I'll return to EVE in summer when Incarna comes out for RP.

That is some nice character customization. Now imagine 50 of those characters on your screen at once. Can you say polygon hell?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast