Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: SWToR

Ascendant

Default SWToR

So it really stands for Star Wars: Trial of Running?

I watched so many videos last night and they were all 90% running somwhere, listen to a little dialog, run somewhere else.

And when I say running,I mean minutes at a time. Talk aout spreading it out to make it look big.

know you hate the game and all, but did this really need its own post? you couldnt just add this to one of the other 5 threads on this page!?
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Oh look, yet ANOTHER Star Wars thread.

i don't see the issue with all the running to be honest, how else do you expect your character to keep their bum in such good shape?

There's a TON of running in the first 10-20 levels of EVERY MMO! I know it's hard to grasp but...Most mmo's you dont get mounts until level 20+...SWTOR is no different.

But I tell you one thing...In SWTOR you get a skill called "Sprint" at level 14 which increases your movement speed by like 50% when out of combat. It's faster running around in SWTOR than it is in any other mmo on the market.
    Last edited by Sozu; 12-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Ascendant

You do realize that in the act of losing your self control and commenting on a thread that you feel has no business being posted only bumps it to the top. Totally counter productive to your wishes.

If you could have help your tongue for maybe one hour longer, this thread would have slipped into the void known as forum page two but no, you just couldn't do it. ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    There's a TON of running in the first 10-20 levels of EVERY MMO! I know it's hard to grasp but...Most mmo's you dont get mounts until level 20+...SWTOR is no different.

But I tell you one thing...In SWTOR you get a skill called "Sprint" at level 14 which increases your movement speed by like 50% when out of combat. It's faster running around in SWTOR than it is in any other mmo on the market.
    My point is anything that is interactive is spread way out, boring. Rather than give me a silly sprint, just make the world a bit tighter.

Soulwalker

The O in SWTOR stands for old hence it should be uppercase. If anything it should be typed as SWtOR. That is all.
    Last edited by Warriorheals; 12-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Sprint @ level 14
    Your own spaceship @ the end of the 1st class quest
    Speeder Mounts @ level 25

and...

LIGHTSABERS BABY!!! PZZZZFFTTTTT
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorheals View Post
    The O in SWTOR stands for old hence it should be uppercase. If anything it should be typed as SWtOR. That is all.
    You're right. It should be SW:tOR I guess. Or maybe you cap the T because it's the first word after the colon? I would go look it but but I honestly don't care.

For the record, my title is correct in the context for which it was posted.

DB1

QQ QQ and QQ some more. 1st let me say I love rift but I intend to play SWTOR w/o out a doubt. Sad thing is the fanboys don't get is people who are going to play SWTOR have already made up their mind to play weeks even months ago and are going to play reguardless how many rift fanboys bash the game. @ the OP no one cares we're playing swtor period lol

50 Rogue 50 Warrior 50 Cleric

This time last year 90% of gamers never heard of Rift, let alone Trion Worlds...
    This time last year 90% of Obi 'wannabe' Kenobis were stockpiling Hugh Heffner dressing gowns, waving their foam lightsabers while fondling their Princess Leia figurine, the hype train was in full overdrive and steaming our way...

Now, the wait is over, some people will feel letdown, some people will swear it's the next best thing even if all Bioware had done was release two finger puppets fighting with glow sticks...

Even the most ardent Star Wars 'enthusiast' surely deep down, admits to no one else, that overall the game is a bit of an anti-climax.....it has an excelllent single-player experience but it seems they spent so much time in making that single player experience to be so top notch, they missed out on the actual MMO part

They claim immersion in the game, fanbois say play it for the story...if it's so 'immersive' and is a space based MMO explain how something as simple as a day/night cycle isn't even in the game? all the Planets don't rotate or something? Same goes with the backdrops, some are stunning, but....they're just that, backdrops...want to climb that mountain in the distance? want to explore that crashed spaceship way off to the west? good luck with that...

There's a lot of niggling things that just don't hit the spot for me, sure that can be said about all MMO's but this was supposed to be the saviour of MMO gaming, a New Dawn.

Basic MMO staples we expect nowadays like fully movable, resizable UI, combat log (note, not DPS meter or anything like that), what about some social Networking integration, if a small company like Trion can allow you to Tweet, Facebook, Tumblr, record and upload YouTube videos all while staying in the game, surely EA/Bioware could do same, or would that be "breaking" immersion ?

Simply put, and this is just my opinion, the game has nowhere lived up to all the hype people were throwing at it for the past two years, will be the same with TERA, GW2, Archage, Secret World and so on, the people who "drift" from MMO to MMO always looking for that "perfect game" will be the ones we suffer on all Forums....

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    There's a TON of running in the first 10-20 levels of EVERY MMO!
    You're posting on the Rift forums, but I'm thinking you've never actually played the game. My level 8 auction mule has a mount. Yea.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Quote Originally Posted by DB1 View Post
    QQ QQ and QQ some more. 1st let me say I love rift but I intend to play SWTOR w/o out a doubt. Sad thing is the fanboys don't get is people who are going to play SWTOR have already made up their mind to play weeks even months ago and are going to play reguardless how many rift fanboys bash the game. @ the OP no one cares we're playing swtor period lol
    And yet there is still a sizable, LOUD, group of SWTOR fanboys trolling these forums instead of playing that game, where if they were as in love as they profess to be, surely they would have pre-ordered ages ago and be in by now right?

So either 1.) they're just trolls or 2.) the game is really really awful (the truth =))so they're back here angry instead of leveling there.
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    And yet there is still a sizable, LOUD, group of SWTOR fanboys trolling these forums instead of playing that game, where if they were as in love as they profess to be, surely they would have pre-ordered ages ago and be in by now right?

So either 1.) they're just trolls or 2.) the game is really really awful (the truth =))so they're back here angry instead of leveling there.
    Or 3. They are hardcore procrastinators and didnt pre-order until recently.

Or 4. They are sitting in a server queue.

Why you gotta be so negative? I'll never understand why some people are so negative.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast