+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ever Been So Excited About a Game?

Default Ever Been So Excited About a Game?

That you didn't even want to follow the forums while you were waiting. You didn't want to get every detail of information about it before it released, nor wanted to play the beta. You trusted the devs to make it awesome and just wanted to basically ignore it until it released so you wouldn't go nuts thinking about it everyday?
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

I my self, am usually on the forums, to talk to people, and see the progress of the game, but no XD i have never been so excited as to IGNORE the forums and beta

Champion

Nope, for me being excited about the game actually means, getting every sniff of information seeing how it fits together (along with every other member of the community)

The seems to be a HUGE amount of repetion of the ssame few topics over and over on the forums (either due to laziness of just a self important view that their OP offers more insight or wit than anyone elses... Apart from that, that's what the forums are for! Sharing in the excitement of a great new game undergoing creation, I'd rather be a part of that, than wait until release

its the first MMO i've followed so early before its release
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

I hear what you're saying - patience isn't necessarily a strength of mine! But, I think these forums are more about building a community than learning about the game. The game is the reason that we're here but I think that most of us have fond memories of the communities we've been involved with in prior games and want to recreate a little of that here.

So, thinking of the forums as more of a social experience than a place to gather and share information might help. Like you're getting to know some of the players you'll eventually be sharing Telara with.

As for the repetition in topics, I think that has to do with new people coming to the forums and wanting to share their excitement about the game. It seems like people come here in waves and each wave wants to share their views about the same set of topics. This early in the process I'd rather have repetitive topics that produce a lot of feedback than a forum full of lurkers who are told by the vets that every issue has been discussed and decided.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
    That you didn't even want to follow the forums while you were waiting. You didn't want to get every detail of information about it before it released, nor wanted to play the beta. You trusted the devs to make it awesome and just wanted to basically ignore it until it released so you wouldn't go nuts thinking about it everyday?
    Not really but the idea isn't that bad. I think it's just the modality of time to build up game communities with forums and stuff like that.

In a sense. I do love surprises and if there is a game I am really looking forward to I'll wait on a lot of the details. I will admit though that I will hang on the forums for discussions, and will try to get into beta just to assure myself that I am not wasting my time, but I will usually play beta very specifically for testing purposes and will try to avoid doing too many quests, so that way it's a fresh experience for me when I finally get my hands on the full game.

No if i am that excited, I'm gonna at least sign up for beta to help test and makt it as good as I hope it to be

Not one bit actually. How can you continue to be excited for something that you no longer now how it has progressed?
    I for one am extremely excited for what Rift will have to offer, however I'd like to be part of the community, chat with other community members and try be an addition. I'd also like absorb all the information possible.

The more you know the better, in my opinion

That's it in a nutshell, I could go on for pages though lol.

You're kinda setting yourself up for major disappointment like so many others.

I would learn everything you can to make sure you are in the right game. Voicing concerns on the forums is essential. Participating in the beta correctly will help the game you love. If I am really that excited I get involved in every way I can. Heck I am even in IRC chat. Otherwise you may be disappointed in the end. (i.e. The game did not meet with your expectations)

Yeah if i'm not fallowing a game it probably means I don't like it.

No mmo has make happy yet.
    Everything was just to low quality for me.I have high expectations from a game.
    Hope rift will liberate us

Me neither, I was just wondering if any of you have.

Bring on the info!
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

Yes. Star Trek. But they blew it big time. Now I'm scared to get excited about any game.

Rift looks good. Better than almost anything else that will be released soon. The only other one being Star Wars: The Old Republic. But I'm taking both with a grain of salt. I've been burned too many times. I generally don't even want to beta anymore because I'm always always disappointed with what they're offering and frustrated by feeling that I'm not being listened to.

Though I was impressed that my version suggestion of instanced housing for LOTRO actually made it in to the final release of the game (though they may have already had the idea and I just don't know it). I was the one that started the thread suggesting the zoned housing areas for LOTRO to allow us to have a yard. The devs never replied to it, but alot of players loved the idea.

I've just been disappointed so often that I'm a little jaded. I don't trust devs from games any more.

I am, however, willing to beta THIS game. Why? Because many of the good old devs from EQ2 are here. They are the reason I played EQ2 for so long, and why I loved it so much. I played that game 6 years. Those devs have earned my loyalty. They never backstabbed the players. Not once. If nothing else, Scott Hartsman is a good reason to be willing to take part in the beta for this game. I know that these devs listen and consider money and value to the player to be equally important. For THESE devs, I'm willing to help.

But excited? Not so much anymore. I face even this game with mild trepidation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast