+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Asheron's Call players?

Default Any Asheron's Call players?

I played on the Frostfell server, Harvestgain and Darktide. Any other people from the good old AC. I still miss it sometimes.

Don't Prey on the weak to feel strong, defeat the strong and be truely mighty!

Darktide 4tw!

I played for YEARS on the Morningthaw server.
    Still my favourite MMORPG of all time.

Azik - Xbow/life ftw!

Prophet of Telara

Darktide represent....

Quote Originally Posted by tzaar View Post
    i played for years on the morningthaw server.
    Still my favourite mmorpg of all time.!
    absolutly!!

Years since day one release. Morningthaw primarily but also Darktide in spurts.

This should likely be in off topic mind you.

Best MMO eva wish the industry had learned something from it and about what made it so magical.
    Last edited by Aranax; 01-17-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Don't Prey on the weak to feel strong, defeat the strong and be truely mighty!

Yep, I lost several of my years to playing Asheron's Call. Named my character Robert Mugabe, hehe

Was also one of the "adepts" aka volunteer gms

Quote Originally Posted by Toenail View Post
    absolutly!!
    The monthly content updates AC had are sadly a thing of the past for most MMOs. I actually miss sitting at my PC waiting for each and every update to get in and start checking it out.

The graphics were horrid, but back then no one cared how pretty the game was. There was just SO freaking much content, you could play for years and never do it all. Not to mention the pace of combat, PvP especially, was absolutely stellar for a MMO that old.

Hell, everything about that game rocked.

I started on Thistledown a few days after the game launched and didn't come up for air for years. Still my favorite mmorpg to date!

I am a former player, started about a month after launch.

I played on Morningthaw as Dom Delouise and Uertha the Wolf My brother was Scarmore the Clever. My patron was Burt Reynolds, we ran with Mott the Hoople, Hubris, and Aries the champ and a lot more people who, unfortunately I can't remember.

AC was my first foray into MMO's, and it was a great start. I think I was the slowest leveler in that game, I only got up to level 58 on one of my toons, it was more fun to stand in towns and "pose" as Hubris called it lol.

Telaran

Ahhhh, good old AC!

I remember getting several friends into this. Even my wife (gf back then) played it and she ended up playing for almost 2 years longer after I left.

Anyone else remember flooding Darktide server with naked low level characters when the other servers were down? I think we were called "... of the village", my memory is fading.

It was so much fun running around with dozens of other low level naked players seeing if we could take down the big boys that came to protect their server from the invading carebears.

In my opinion, the game went downhill once the vassal xp chains and buff-bots were rampant.
    I remember taking a new level one character, getting buffed and then owning olthoi and leveling up like a mad-man in minutes.

I also remember spending several hours figuring out spell tapers for both my character and my wife's before that was made easier.

I have lots of other fond memories of that game, it was just amazing for it's time.
    Last edited by Deimar; 01-17-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Thistledown from May 2000. Mostly played as Thyrantraxus and Bloody Viking.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimar View Post
    Ahhhh, good old AC!

Anyone else remember flooding Darktide server with naked low level characters when the other servers were down? I think we were called "... of the village", my memory is fading.

It was so much fun running around with dozens of other low level naked players seeing if we could take down the big boys that came to protect their server from the invading carebears.

In my opinion, the game went downhill once the vassal xp chains and buff-bots were rampant.
    I remember taking a new level one character, getting buffed and then owning olthoi and leveling up like a mad-man in minutes.

I also remember spending several hours figuring out spell tapers for both my character and my wife's before that was made easier.

The Eggberts..lawl low level pkers..hahaha everyone was a naked Eggbert lvl 5 at the LS

Splitpea was the bomb, prismatic tapers made life easier..LoL

Good times..I actually just canled my AC sub a couple months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Deimar View Post
    Ahhhh, good old AC!

I have lots of other fond memories of that game, it was just amazing for it's time.
    Did you guys wear your towels?

I hated figuring out those tapers. Those damn add-ons, was it called ACtools, made the game easier, but it also killed the game I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast