+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer experience

Rift Disciple

Default The Warhammer experience

So, I remember how pretty Warhammer looked when I first heard about it.

I preordered it, got it the night it game out - installed it and...

64 bit animations(Hyperbole, go!), clunky gameplay, basically the anticlimactic ending I should've expected to my first attempt at "Killing WoW"

So I've seen a lot of videos now without the UI - game looks amazing, brutal, fun, and er... spiffy?

After watching a 1080P run on an instance I kind of lost the "shock and awe" feeling I had after watching some of the better looking gameplay so I need to ask

Anyone who has played, is the game beautiful? Or is it the clunky mess it appears to be with a huge encumbered UI?

Graciassss

The UI can be moved around and scaled up and down, so dont worry about it being too big and clunky. The game is quite beautiful.
    Last edited by Fellek; 01-17-2011 at 07:24 AM.

I think it's terrific personally. Especially when the sun is hitting the terrain. It's hard to tell the small details when you are in a Rift, but the movement of your shadows, the litle bugs on the ground and such, looks pretty detailed imo. Fluid looking, the fog looks real, not some white paint in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Fellek View Post
    The UI can be moved around and scaled up and down, so dont worry about it being too big and clunky. The game is quite beautiful.
    agreed. the first thing I did was move everything around to what I was comfortable with .

Rift is beautiful. I'm still a little awed by the blizzards in the last part of Realm of the Fae.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

game runs much much much better than warhammer. Animations are better as well. The Ui can be scaled and moved

I agree I have played WAR as well and no comparison imo. Screenshots do not give justice to Rift it looks alot better in game I never found clunky animations either could use a few more for melee but they look and feel smooth.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Fellek View Post
    Agrees with this ^

Gave me a warhammer feeling first time in game, a sense of dark and gritty.

Rift Disciple

Cool

Really appreciate the information guys, those were the answers I was hoping for.

Feel free to drop whatever bits of information you feel like telling people who HAVEN'T played beta - that you think they should know

How's PvP?
    Immersive combat?
    If you had to rate the game so far (10 scale)?
    Any huge concerns?
    Any ****ing sweet tidbits of awesomeness?
    Coolest moment in game?

Also - I've never RP'd before, but I'm getting REALLY close to considering it on this game just because it looks so immersive - anyone else have that feeling in the back of your head?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman View Post
    Agrees with this ^

Gave me a warhammer feeling first time in game, a sense of dark and gritty.
    I'm glad you know what I'm talking about too, I logged into Warhammer and it was just like the game was whispering and the UI was ****ING SCREAMING HEY - WHAT'S UP, ARE YOU ENJOYING THE VIEW? YEAH. **** YOU. LOOK AT HOW BIG I AM.

(For the record, I never made it past level like, 5 in Warhammer - I logged out after 10-20 minutes of gameplay.)

Quote Originally Posted by Killermandude View Post
    I'm glad you know what I'm talking about too, I logged into Warhammer and it was just like the game was whispering and the UI was ****ING SCREAMING HEY - WHAT'S UP, ARE YOU ENJOYING THE VIEW? YEAH. **** YOU. LOOK AT HOW BIG I AM.

(For the record, I never made it past level like, 5 in Warhammer - I logged out after 10-20 minutes of gameplay.)
    LoL, I have played WAR like 30 minutes total since Beta 4 ended, it just isn't the same now. Might as well break out Atari and hit up Pong..haha

Quote Originally Posted by Selgin View Post
    Rift is beautiful. I'm still a little awed by the blizzards in the last part of Realm of the Fae.
    Yes! I still remember when I first got to that area, I had not seen anything like that before!! Talk about white out!! To the OP, the game is B-E-A-utiful for real!

When i compared Rift to WAR i was a troll...

haha, yea. the Blizzard is crazy, mini-map travel. I was looking for my shades its so blinding

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
    When i compared Rift to WAR i was a troll...
    HEY! WE DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T TAKE KINDLY TO PEOPLE!
    And that's because I never compared it - I asked if the devs ****ed up this game the same way WAR did - and the answer (thank GOD) was no.

Now we're just insulting WAR because it's funny.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast