+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Motion Sickness

Rift Chaser

Default Virtual Motion Sickness

I get some nasty Virtual Motion Sickness. For those who don't know, VMS means if I play a FPS, after 5-10 minutes my head is pounding and I want nothing more than to puke and take a nap. I can't play FPS games, as much as Id love to, because of it. Can't play the GTA series for the same reason.

Most MMO's are ok, but I've played a couple that trigger it, DAoC was really bad for it.

Does anyone else have experience with this, and does anyone know anyone who's had a problem with this in Rift? I'd be sad if playing Rift literally made me wanna puke.

Sure it's not braincancer?
    Last edited by Kronblom; 01-17-2011 at 07:16 AM.

I do I can't play FPS games at all alot of console games give me issues as well. I have had no issues playing rift even with full particles and the huge invasions. HTH

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

I know your problem and you might face the problem in rift unless you keep zooming out most of time, and i believe that rift is playable for you

Asus SABERTOOTH X58, Intel® Core™ i7 950 3.06GHz, Syncmaster 2333 23", Kingston HyperX 12GB DDR3 1333MHz NVidia GeForce GTX 570, Western Digital 1TB SATA3, Thermaltake Armor Plus, Enermax PRO82 625W, Windows 7 Ulti x64

Telaran

So far, in my experience in 3 betas, I only experienced mild vertigo and only when I was trying out the Nvidia 3D Vision setup. I don't suffer from VMS but thought I'd chime in in case you had or were considering the purchase. I think it was mainly tied to the 2D/3D mix with the 2D IU and the 3D graphics behind.

haha i know what you mean lucky enough i dont get that unless i play 8 hours straight of twitch action FPS

anyhow rift has nothing that would trigger that imo unless you farm rifts for hours?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Plus1 View Post
    I get some nasty Virtual Motion Sickness. For those who don't know, VMS means if I play a FPS, after 5-10 minutes my head is pounding and I want nothing more than to puke and take a nap. I can't play FPS games, as much as Id love to, because of it. Can't play the GTA series for the same reason.

Most MMO's are ok, but I've played a couple that trigger it, DAoC was really bad for it.

Does anyone else have experience with this, and does anyone know anyone who's had a problem with this in Rift? I'd be sad if playing Rift literally made me wanna puke.
    I get the same thing, the first time I got it was back in EQ1 in a zone called Katta Castelum, I would feel sick , lightheaded and if I tried to get up to lay down I woulld start shaking and pass out.

I get this still every once in a while, other triggers include reading a lot and lights of some sorts.

Ive been to multiple doctors and none of them seem to be able to properly diagnose me , at first they thought it may be epilepsy , but they have since ruled that out

I only get motion sickness with FPS games. If I have the choice of third person view I have no problems at all. I first found out I had this with Halo 1 on the original XBOX. Played it for about 30 minutes and had to run to the bathroom and throwup.

I have this as well but only with fps games. What I found that works for me is to take a ginger root pill shortly before I play, don't play in a dark room, don't sit too close to the monitor and take breaks.

My Brother in Law came over to a LAN party I had at my house about 10 years ago and he will never play a FPS again! I belive the game was Quake Arena or Quake 2. It happens.

The cleanup was fun!
    "The Lips of Wisdom Are Closed, Except To The Ears of Understanding."

My wife has this motion sickness. She's tried FPS and can't do it. She's also tried MMO's and although it's less of a sickness, she says she still feels it and hence doesn't play video games with me.

Oh I thought this thread was a joke, seems to be srs bsns, I've never heard of this "illness" before.

First game that I experienced this in was Turok--I have known that any kind of 'whirly' rides were off limits for me, but Turok was the first game. In MMO's what I've found helps is to slow down the mouse look speed. I rarely get it now in an MMO.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronblom View Post
    Sure it's not braincancer?
    We don't know yet, My MRI isn't until the end of the month.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Akirrah View Post
    I get this still every once in a while, other triggers include reading a lot and lights of some sorts.
    If I try to read in a moving car I get it really bad as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast