+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore casual what alot fo us are.

Default Hardcore casual what alot fo us are.

I've seen posts about the hardcore Vs. the casuals, the two sides don't really seem to get along all that well but I think there's a 3rd group the hardcore casual. Now I bet your scratching your head here but stick with me, I think I'm a hardcore casual as are lots of folks Ill explain.

So what is a hardcore casual, they play a lot as much as the other hardcore players in many cases, they take their game seriously and know their characters talents and skills and when called upon can use them well, they can hold their own in PvP but many don't like PvP at all.

The hardcore casual likes to master the game and themselves not other players, there is little need to create wow like raids with 1 trillion members and spend 3 hours just getting the raid assembled, they have good equipment that they are happy with because they earned it themselves without the aid of 100 other people.

Hardcore casuals love to travel the map and be the master of the terrain, they love knowing every spot on the map that gives them an edge. Hardcore casual love to help others, they love to grab the hand of a newb in the guild and power level them, give them some really neat goodies and generally put a smile on peoples face.

Hard core casual are the ones who craft, explore, experiment and socialize. A hardcore casual could care less if they are not that great at PvP they are satisfied with soloing a tough instance's, dungeon's or region's. They thrill at doing ti alone and figuring out how to use their skills, terrain and equipment to its fullest even if it inst the best.

Id rather have 10 hardcore casuals who will back me up and have fun, even laugh when they die and come back for more than 50 nerd rage ready "elite PvP hard core" players.

So you kinda gotta wonder who is the real hard core player? the one with all the toys who relies on his guild to raid or the one who does it with a couple rag tag buddies by the skin on their teeth.
    Last edited by deehoney; 01-17-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Default i know what your talking about

But seriously we need every species in the game: nubs, casuals, harcores, hardcore casuals or anything in between.
    Diversity will make it more fun

Champion

A casual player used to be a player who had limited playing hours, they could maybe play under 12 hours a week.

Now it's just a synonym for bad player. I know players who play 30 hours a week and call themselves casual and are labelled as casual as it's the norm now. Why are they casual? Because they fail to do anything that requires any skill. In fact this is how you use the term. Nowhere in your post do you use the term casual with it's correct meaning.

Also please don't believe that your opinion is fact and don't try to use ******** bias arguments such as

"So you kinda gotta wonder who is the real hard core player? the one with all the toys who relies on his guild to raid or the one who does it with a couple rag tag buddies by the skin on their teeth."

Ive been in plenty of the guilds you label as hardcore nerd ragers and I've had a great laugh. Laughing our way through end game content and lauging our ***** off at the "hardcore casuals" who can't do it and call us "NERD RAGERS" out of their own ignorance.

You appear to be confused...

"The hardcore casual likes to master the game and themselves not other players, there is little need to create wow like raids with 1 trillion members and spend 3 hours just getting the raid assembled, they have good equipment that they are happy with because they earned it themselves without the aid of 100 other people"

All WoW raids required 10/25 people regardless of whether you are "hardcore" or not. If a guild required 3 hours to get a raid together I can tell you they are not hardcore, they are unorganised morons. In my experience in "hardcore" guilds our raids would be assembled, in the instance and pull the first mob within 10 minutes.

Sounds to me like you've made along winded post that could of been summed up as "IM BAD AND ANYONE BETTER THAN ME IS A NERD"
    Last edited by Larrie; 01-17-2011 at 06:48 AM.

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

Quote Originally Posted by deehoney View Post
    I've seen posts about the hardcore Vs. the casuals, the two sides don't really seem to get along all that well but I think there;s a 3rd group the hardcore casual. Now I bet your scratching your head here but stick with me, I think I'm a hardcore casual as are lots of folks.

So what is a hardcore casual, they play a lot as much as the other hardcore players in many cases, they take their game seriously and know their characters talents and skills and when called upon can use them well, they can hold their own in PvP but many don't like PvP at all.

The hardcore casual likes to master the game and themselves not other players, there is little need to create wow like raids with 1 trillion members and spend 3 hours just getting the raid assembled, they have good equipment that they are happy with because they earned it themselves without the aid of 100 other people.

Hardcore casuals love to travel the map and be the master of the terrain, they love knowing every spot on the map that gives them an edge. Hardcore casual love to help others, they love to grab the hand of a newb in the guild and power level them, give them some really neat goodies and generally put a smile on peoples face.

Hard core casual are the ones who craft, explore, experiment and socialize. A hardcore casual could care less if they are not that great at PvP they are satisfied with soloing a tough instance's, dungeon's or region's. They thrill at doing ti alone and figuring out how to use their skills, terrain and equipment to its fullest even if it inst the best.

Id rather have 10 hardcore casuals who will back me up and have fun, even laugh when they die and come back for more than 50 nerd rage ready "elite PvP hard core" players.

So you kinda gotta wonder who is the real hard core player? the one with all the toys who relies on his guild to raid or the one who does it with a couple rag tag buddies by the skin on their teeth.
    I definately need a fourth catagory then lol. Hardcore is a frame of mind. You list the pointers well but then confuse it with linking in PVP and Raiding. You can be a hardcore gamer without either of these. If you want to be better than the next person and are willing to put the time and effort into achieving this imo you are hardcore. There is nothing casual about that philosophy.
    Last edited by Incarnatus; 01-17-2011 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by inox View Post
    But seriously we need every species in the game: nubs, casuals, harcores, hardcore casuals or anything in between.
    Diversity will make it more fun
    Couldn't agree more! we need all types in this game and I hope we can create atmosphere that welcome everyone and really helps the younger ones to find their way its a formula for success in Rifts.

I've seen posts about the hardcore Vs. the casuals, the two sides don't really seem to get along all that well but I think there's a 3rd group the hardcore casual. Now I bet your scratching your head here but stick with me, I think I'm a hardcore casual as are lots of folks Ill explain.

Actually, I would say I fall perfectly into this category, and I know a lot of other people who do.

Telaran

Couldn't agree more! we need all types in this game and I hope we can create atmosphere that welcome everyone and really helps the younger ones to find their way its a formula for success in Rifts.
    Couldn't have said it better.

I would say that im Hardcore Casual then....

Yeah kinda like it.

As Incarnatus says: "Hardcore" is a state of mind. In terms of raiding, I am hardcore - i take it very serious. My sister is not. In terms of crafting, my sister is so hardcore it amazes me, but I on the other hand am not.

I try to respect every gamer, whether I agree or disagree with them... but respect is an entirely different issue.

You nailed my type. Now the real question: is Rift the game for us?

Champion

"hardcore casual" is a fallacy.

It is not a type of player merely an excuse for hardcore players who are unable to play(bad) to cover their own weakeness.

You're either hardcore, casual or somewhere in between.

What the OP describes is not that space inbetween. It is merely him describing hardcore players that do not fall in to the stereotype of a nerdrager. Nerdragers are a minority and are generally not found in hardcore guilds.

They are pretenders.
    Last edited by Larrie; 01-17-2011 at 07:37 AM.

This is me I have always considered myself what I call midcore. I raid normally 4 nights a week I expect alot out of my fellow raiders I hope to get back what I give. I have every crafting class because I am cheap and don't like to pay for stuff but am willing to craft for anyone that needs just for mats if it helps a fellow raider be better well just more loot for all of us in the end. I do get irritated by players who show up to raid one in a while and expect to get the same loot as people who have high percentages. I want to have fun while raiding silent vent is not me adult conversation a must. To me MMO gaming is a social thing but I want to do well but not be tied to raiding 7 nights a week raid smart not long.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

I would say this is me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    A casual player used to be a player who had limited playing hours, they could maybe play under 12 hours a week.

Now it's just a synonym for bad player. I know players who play 30 hours a week and call themselves casual and are labelled as casual as it's the norm now. Why are they casual? Because they fail to do anything that requires any skill. In fact this is how you use the term. Nowhere in your post do you use the term casual with it's correct meaning.

Also please don't believe that your opinion is fact and don't try to use ******** bias arguments such as

"So you kinda gotta wonder who is the real hard core player? the one with all the toys who relies on his guild to raid or the one who does it with a couple rag tag buddies by the skin on their teeth."

Ive been in plenty of the guilds you label as hardcore nerd ragers and I've had a great laugh. Laughing our way through end game content and lauging our ***** off at the "hardcore casuals" who can't do it and call us "NERD RAGERS" out of their own ignorance.

You appear to be confused...

"The hardcore casual likes to master the game and themselves not other players, there is little need to create wow like raids with 1 trillion members and spend 3 hours just getting the raid assembled, they have good equipment that they are happy with because they earned it themselves without the aid of 100 other people"

All WoW raids required 10/25 people regardless of whether you are "hardcore" or not. If a guild required 3 hours to get a raid together I can tell you they are not hardcore, they are unorganised morons. In my experience in "hardcore" guilds our raids would be assembled, in the instance and pull the first mob within 10 minutes.

Sounds to me like you've made along winded post that could of been summed up as "IM BAD AND ANYONE BETTER THAN ME IS A NERD"
    defensive much? lol

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    This is me I have always considered myself what I call midcore. I raid normally 4 nights a week I expect alot out of my fellow raiders I hope to get back what I give. I have every crafting class because I am cheap and don't like to pay for stuff but am willing to craft for anyone that needs just for mats if it helps a fellow raider be better well just more loot for all of us in the end. I do get irritated by players who show up to raid one in a while and expect to get the same loot as people who have high percentages. I want to have fun while raiding silent vent is not me adult conversation a must. To me MMO gaming is a social thing but I want to do well but not be tied to raiding 7 nights a week raid smart not long.
    So you play the same hours as a hardcore player but manage to be worse than them.

And you are proud of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Melrah View Post
    defensive much? lol
    It's not so much being defensive as people who are bad that try to cover their *** by saying "LOL BUT IM CASUAL".

The same person on SC2 who says "LOL NERD" when you beat them. The mentality of "Its never my fault when I lose" is just a massive pet hate of mine.
    Last edited by Larrie; 01-17-2011 at 06:54 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    "hardcore casual" is a fallacy.

It is not a type of player merely an excuse for hardcore players who are unable to play(bad) to cover their own weakeness.

You're either hardcore, casual or somewhere in between.

What the OP describes is not that space inbetween. It is merely him describing hardcore players that do not fall in to the stereotype of a nerdrager. Nerdragers are a minority and are generally not found in hardcore guilds.

They are pretenders.
    You are going to look down on someone who has fun in a game? Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 01-17-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Edited the quote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast