+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tera

idc if they stole **** or not, the game is amazing
    yes, it takes a while to kill a mob, but as every class have tons of aoes, it's easy to kill multiply mobs at the same time, which makes up to the "slow combat"
    the combat is amazing imo

Very good combat system and maybe the best gfx on the MMO market, very standart gameplay going from hub to hub doing useless quest more or less like the rest of the MMO market, its fun to play and thatsrare to find in today's market boredom, you must get over the art style tho. whit pandas and lolidolls jumping at every corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Very good combat system and maybe the best gfx on the MMO market, very standart gameplay going from hub to hub doing useless quest more or less like the rest of the MMO market, its fun to play and thatsrare to find in today's market boredom, you must get over the art style tho. with pandas and lolidolls jumping at every corner.
    haha I lol'd, so true =)
    your name is btw

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    What happened to your friend.
    He probably went crazy from grinding and is in the funny farm.

Ascendant

Wait wasn't Tera being developed or published or something by the Runes of Magic developer..

You know the one that recently got their account servers hacked & had like 2000 or so logins/passwords posted on a public forum (and no i'm not joking)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Telaran

The gameplay does seem really slow but the big problem for me is the oversized weapons (lance + shield wtf seriously) the lack of classes.... all will be cookiecutter healing looks awful and judging from the limited footage ive seen it would appear the tanks job is to attack once taunt then just hold block for the next 15 minutes.

I know nothing really about the game but is it a typical Korean grinder?

I've got no time for games that have excessive grind these days

Ascendant

One thing also Ive heard about this game as its PVP game but good FPS is very important.

I dont know its way too freaky for me. Emo makeups, jiggling boobies, popori furries, dancing childrens with bunny ears in underwears, red flowers, green whatever thing that was and if the combat is really as slow as for example Darkfall its just painful to play. Dont think they can really westernize this whatever they do.
    Last edited by June; 01-17-2011 at 08:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Default or something

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Wait wasn't Tera being developed or published or something by the Runes of Magic developer..
    Frogster will be publishing TERA for Europe, US publisher will be En Masse.

Also, for those 'concerned' about Frogster regarding TERA.

Asias games are my favorite graphics style, tera is no different. I love the character models and all the gratuitous oversexualization of the females (sue me). But I have played enough Asian mmos to know they're all as deep as a kiddie pool. I'll pass.

Ascendant

They probably think they can do Aion and get 1 mill sale. Aion was my first korean grinder and last I bet most of us feel the same way it truly opened people's eye. Somehow I just cant see Tera got bright future here whatever they do. Aion's success really was based on PVP. I bet you could sell million of copies per year just from PVP.
    Last edited by June; 01-17-2011 at 11:16 AM.

From what I have seen of it thus far (based on youtube and their site)... the combat seems a lot like vindictus, except they have the open world exploration that vindictus does not. It's definitely a sex sells game, with jiggly boobies and just about every running video an upskirt or something similar. Not sure that I would play it. It DOES look very pretty, but it's no Rift for me...

I was drawn into it for a while due to its combat.

But honestly, im a monster hunter player, teras combat just seems like a more casual type of monster hunter to me. Ill stick with monster hunter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2