Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zam

Default Zam

ZAM = IGE.

Before you link that site over and over and give it even more publicity, you should know a few things about them. They are gold sellers, have always been and you can't have it both ways. Either you don't want gold sellers in the game or you do and you promote their crap.

Read on up if you're a sheep: http://www.azzor.com/article/2006/05...-gold-industry
    Last edited by Aurelie; 01-17-2011 at 12:34 AM.

That's all I can say is, and people wondered why their wow accounts were getting hacked all the time and gold/items wiped out.
    The scientific term for your condition is.. 'Riftdrawals'.

I think that any gold buyer should be just banned, going with this stuff will just ruin game

Asus SABERTOOTH X58, Intel® Core™ i7 950 3.06GHz, Syncmaster 2333 23", Kingston HyperX 12GB DDR3 1333MHz NVidia GeForce GTX 570, Western Digital 1TB SATA3, Thermaltake Armor Plus, Enermax PRO82 625W, Windows 7 Ulti x64

Rift Chaser

Holy......
    I had no idea it was that bad.

i dont give a crap, i'd rather project my anger ony real life economy
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=220830&dateline=12976  83052
    ¸.-~·*Leelium - Healer Cleric - BloodPact *·~-.,¸
    ¸.-~·*Video Section (almost all user videos about rift)*·~-.,¸

I personally like ZAM's wowinterface & wowhead. But, I don't like ZAM itself from their history.

However, something interesting I found out was the fact that... I do custom emails for everything usually. So my wowhead email was somehing like wowheadab##@mydomain.com and somehow I got fake GM notices to that email. o.O I reported it to Wowhead and they said ZAM's database got breached.

Quote Originally Posted by ashkir View Post
    I personally like ZAM's wowinterface & wowhead. But, I don't like ZAM itself from their history.

However, something interesting I found out was the fact that... I do custom emails for everything usually. So my wowhead email was somehing like wowheadab##@mydomain.com and somehow I got fake GM notices to that email. o.O I reported it to Wowhead and they said ZAM's database got breached.
    As stated above - people wonder why accounts get phished and stolen?

Using legit services from a questionable service source like this is like borrowing money from a loan shark.

If people wanan buy gold just let them, fighting the problem will just make it worst. This is about as effective as the war on drugs, if peopelk want them they will always be there, available. And I suposse a lot of people like the easy path of gold purchasing.

Don't Prey on the weak to feel strong, defeat the strong and be truely mighty!

Default The communities that buy are responsible.

The fact is this, gold sellers/farmers make money because there are people that buy gold. They are in existence in every game because there are some people in every game that cannot get X item or progress to X goal in the game. There are many reasons for this. In games past, the level of difficulty was set higher than it is now... the farmers managed to become entrenched in games with higher difficulty, such as EQ (which I still play off and on, by the way).

To keep up with and remain competitive with some of the top gamers, some players with more cash than skill or brains increasingly turned to purchasing gold, items, etc.... so that they could be "good too." Doesn't matter that they didn't know how to play their t00ns worth a damn, the only thing that their peers looked at was level and gear, and money easily bought those. Where there is a demand, a supplier will rise to meet it. All this has only grown over the past 10 years, regardless of the measures taken by some companies and in-game communities to try to stop it.

I've found that the number of "third party services" appear to be directly proportional to both the game's difficulty and popularity. Why is this so? Because the number of players that have cash, and are either too stupid or too lazy to do it themselves, increases. It is only natural. How can it be effectively combatted? There are a number of ways. Parsers can be employed, but there can be problems with that approach when large amounts of money or items are transferred from mains to alts on different accounts. The unholy might of the ban-hammer can be unleashed upon those captured from online stings on known auction sites, but there are direct financial repercussions for the company, because to set up stings would take a substantial amount of cash to keep going. Why, you may ask? Because more people actually buy gold than will readily admit.... so they need to keep the stings on-going and lose both the wages paid to the enforcers, and the subs of a substantial portion of their audience. Not good for business, so unlikely to be done. Lets take a look at the community then, and see if we have any more luck.

In social games, where people actually give a damn about their neighbors (unlike the more recent game cultures established in World of Warcraft or games of its ilk, where each player is mostly a means to YOUR end) a character's reputation (as well as his guild's) was paramount. While there were "l33ts" back then, people were still willing to group up and get to know others. People KNEW who you were. They knew your ability because they either teamed with you, or knew someone who had. Word got around if you somehow "magically" came across an item that took months to get (especially if you weren't on any of the raid circuits).

Now, things are different. The whole Gear-Score/DPS Dumper/Peen-Measuring culture that has evolved doesn't look at individuals and their personal skill.... instead, they look only at numbers. The funny thing is, now, many of them see numbers that don't stack up.... numbers that have been purchased and not earned, and are NOW worrying how to put a stop to a practice that taints their own achievements.

The solution is a simple one. Stop being so exclusive and ignorant. Stop turning a blind eye to other players, because while your eye is off of them, they can be doing anything... and you would never know. Get to know people. Play with people. Teach people. Help people. Show people what they may not be understanding on their own. If people are shown that they can do things on their own, then the demand for third party services may drop.

I can't offer any suggestions on what to do about the lazy, though. Perhaps knowing who they are and calling them out about it or some other form of public humiliation might do the trick. Shame is a very powerful weapon, when properly used. Learn who they are, and ostricize them, REGARDLESS of how they can advance your own immediate goals. That's probably the best bet. However, I wouldn't count on it happening, as few that I have seen will turn down a powerful character that can get them xp or items. However, the key is in learning who other people are to begin with, and today's gamers tend to be much too self-absorbed to be bothered with that.

Personally, I think that until in-game communities do a little soul-searching, gold buying, account buying, etc.. is here to stay. Sad but true.
    Last edited by Mortavius; 01-17-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Typos

AE's are interested in the PvE aspect of a game more than anything else. The AE thrives as a solo adventurer, counting coup with each new destination and discovery, poking into every corner of a map and toying with each nuance of a game mechanic.

They always blame the guy who is an entrepreneur, they never blame the one who is the real guilty. The customer

Stop buying gold, they will stop selling.
    Last edited by FAT_KONAN; 01-17-2011 at 02:09 AM.

But for those that have rl commitments surely investing alittle cash to remove the tedious aspects of mmorpging and thus keeping viable isn't necessarily a bad thing. It allows those who can't game a if its a full time job to keep up and those whom find such grinds boring whom would unsub playing longer, giving the community a more active playerbase who does more enjoyable things such as dungeons and pvp instead of grinding monies.

The problem now is that most gear in mmos tend to be bop or reputation based and its a shame those can't be purchased. I generally find I make enough gold ingames whilst leveling to keep me going, only sandbox games such as stEVE are currencies actually important interms of keeping viable
    Last edited by Leek; 01-17-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Double post
    Last edited by Leek; 01-17-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leek View Post
    But for those that have rl commitments surely investing alittle cash to remove the tedious aspects of mmorpging and thus keeping viable isn't necessarily a bad thing. It allows those who can't game a if its a full time job to keep up and those whom find such grinds boring whom would unsub playing longer, giving the community a more active playerbase who does more enjoyable things such as dungeons and pvp instead of grinding monies.

The problem now is that most gear in mmos tend to be bop or reputation based and its a shame those can't be purchased. I generally find I make enough gold ingames whilst leveling to keep me going, only sandbox games such as stEVE are currencies actually important interms of keeping viable

[COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]=P /casts rod[/COLOR]

That is what the Free to play with Microtransaction games are for. They allow anyone with money to progress how they desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelie View Post
    ZAM = IGE.

Before you link that site over and over and give it even more publicity, you should know a few things about them. They are gold sellers, have always been and you can't have it both ways. Either you don't want gold sellers in the game or you do and you promote their crap.

Read on up if you're a sheep: http://www.azzor.com/article/2006/05...-gold-industry
    Okay having read through that entire article along with your post I just have one question.

Your signature, is that a giant hand reaching for some babe in a mining cart that looks like a treasure chest?
    Last edited by Vagrant_Zero; 01-17-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant_Zero View Post
    Your signature, is that a giant hand reaching for some babe in a mining cart that looks like a treasure chest?
    It's the foot of Zi-Thuuli, EQ raid from Demiplane. I'm hiding in the chest.

http://roiguild.org/wp-content/uploa...huuli-dead.jpg
    Last edited by Aurelie; 01-17-2011 at 02:38 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast