+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tax reminder for Rift community

Default Tax reminder for Rift community

I have seen alot of posts about people buying new systems and what not. I just wanted to remind a few people that have part time jobs or worked seasonal. According to the tax breaks this year. If you made less than $12,500 you can file for EIC (earned income credit).

Of course I am no tax professional so consult one, and most automated software includes this, if you qualify. But some folks that are using thier own plug and play software may not have this in mind when you are not using an automated syatem. You could in fact almost double your refund.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p596.pdf

Page 4

Sorry it's $457 but yours if you made less than $13,460 and no children.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...or-Rift-Launch

This is the post I have been active in that made me remember this. I thought it deserved more recognition for peeps in it's own thread, since it was not part of the threads conversation. Please do not contact me about taxes, where to do your taxes, how to do your taxes. I am not a tax professional and I just wanted to point it out for those who could use the money to upgrade with.
    Last edited by Gumurak; 01-16-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Reported as an advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumurak View Post
    I have seen alot of posts about people buying new systems and what not. I just wanted to remind a few people that have part time jobs or worked seasonal. According to the tax breaks this year. If you made less than $12,500 you can file for EIC (earned income credit).

Of course I am no tax professional so consult one, and most automated software includes this, if you qualify. But some folks that are using thier own plug and play software may not have this in mind when you are not using an automated syatem. You could in fact almost double your refund.

http://www.hrblock.com/taxes/tax_cal..._childtax.html

Sorry it's $457 but yours if you made less than $13,460 and no children.
    Is that for having kids only I'm confused
    Last edited by Velkore; 01-16-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    Reported as an advertisement.
    LOL, why would you report this as an advertisment? I didn't say file at H&R block. Oh excusse me I'll correct the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Velkore View Post
    Is that for having kids only I'm confused
    No it's not which is why I was pointing it out. Some folks want new systems to play Rift, and I have been an active person in that thread. Today when I helped my son with his taxes. It came to my attention that he qualified. Not married, no children, made less than $13k. So if you haven't filed yet and neefd the money for upgrades. make sure you check it.

No it's not which is why I was pointing it out. Some folks want new systems to play Rift, and I have been an active person in that thread. Today when I helped my son with his taxes. It came to my attention that he qualified. Not married, no children, made less than $13k. So if you haven't filed yet and neefd the money for upgrades. make sure you check it.
    Yeah just finally got it, don't qualify, damn!

Koe

Have to be at least 25?

Only 4 more years.

Although I'm pretty sure I'll be doing more than part-time then.

LOL, why would you report this as an advertisment? I didn't say file at H&R block. Oh excusse me I'll correct the link.
    Thank you.

Surely this should have been in Off Topic?
    If you say plz instead of please, I say no because it's shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    Thank you.
    Thanks but slow your role a little bit, you could have said that instead of spouting off forum police. But have a wonderful day.

Quote Originally Posted by Liziana View Post
    Surely this should have been in Off Topic?
    I adjusted the original post as to why it is here with the correct link to why I posted it in general. if it gets moved it gets moved.

Rift Chaser

Geez, someone tried to save some of the US people some dosh on their taxes and they catch grief over it.
    Guess "that other games" community spirit, or lack thereof, is alive and well here after all.
    Last edited by emseebee; 01-16-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by emseebee View Post
    Geez, someone tried to save some of the US people some dish on their taxes and they catch grief over it.
    Guess "that other games" community spirit, or lack thereof, is alive and well here after all.
    Thank you, but it is what it is. I expected to get some flak about it to be honest. You'll see some people who feel the need to correct you, others who will tell you that your idea is/was dumb. If I listened to those people (or if anyone else did too) I wouldn't be as happy and successful as I am today. And we wouldn't have anyone with any great individuality at all. I hope you have a great year Emseebee.

I see it deffinantly got moved, either way i hope this has helped a few people.

+ Reply to Thread