+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No comparison rift beta vs dc universe

Telaran

Default No comparison rift beta vs dc universe

Silly me i thought i could satisfy my online cravings by joining DC universe, 15 characters created but absolutely no gaming time due to a crash that should have been discovered in beta, no matter what u think of rift Trion are number 1 for testing and addressing issues at the right time beta.

I wanted to try out DCUO, but reading the forums right before launch and then afterward made me realize it was a good move not to waste the money. Trion gets uber props for not releasing a game WAY before it's ready, like DC did. How many people logged on that first day and got crashes and bugs and thought "oh man I'm SO glad I just fronted $60 for this game, hooray!"
    Let the Pantless Adventure Begin!
    http://www.thepantlessplatoon.blogspot.com

...um...I didn't.

I got the game on a whim till the launch of Rift. I've had no problems with the game at all except one, and its the kind of problem any MMO could have so no big deal there.

I'm having a lot of fun playing it but I would find it hard to compare the two games. Different genre of MMO and a totally different play style.
    CPU: i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz | MB: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 12GB DDR3-2000 (PC-16000) | GPU: HD 7970 | SSD: Corsair F60 | Monitor: Samsung PX2370 @ 1920x1080 | SC: SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional | OS: Win7 x64

Trion = Veteran Developers!

Ascendant

Pretty sure you can play DCUO for free around summer maybe couple month later. I played beta myself and it just doesnt have samekind of longevity like Rift does.
    Last edited by June; 01-16-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Rift Disciple

Champions. Online is going free mid-feb. That should be a sign.

Telaran

I cancelled my Dc online preorder after getting a shot at Trion. I played the DC beta for a few weeks recently, and the comparison made me realize how dissatisfied I'd become with Dc. The graphics are nice enough and its polished to an extent, but the game feels like a bad console port. You level far too quickly and while the pvp there is somewhat fun once you know what you're doing I cant see them coming out with end game content fast enough to keep anyone satisfied for more than a couple months. You also better really like the pvp since it only takes a couple days of gameplay to hit max level.

Most of the bugs were pointed out numerous times, I had similar crashing problems with various sound loops from guns and the demons in game. It was obvious at the end they were just trying to push the ps3 version out the door then get the whole game out.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFeeder View Post
    Silly me i thought i could satisfy my online cravings by joining DC universe, 15 characters created but absolutely no gaming time due to a crash that should have been discovered in beta, no matter what u think of rift Trion are number 1 for testing and addressing issues at the right time beta.

Are you sure it's not on your end? I haven't played DC myself but it sounds like you have a gpu problem. Maybe lack of driver updates?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Angina B View Post
    I cancelled my Dc online preorder after getting a shot at Trion. I played the DC beta for a few weeks recently, and the comparison made me realize how dissatisfied I'd become with Dc. The graphics are nice enough and its polished to an extent, but the game feels like a bad console port. You level far too quickly and while the pvp there is somewhat fun once you know what you're doing I cant see them coming out with end game content fast enough to keep anyone satisfied for more than a couple months. You also better really like the pvp since it only takes a couple days of gameplay to hit max level.

Most of the bugs were pointed out numerous times, I had similar crashing problems with various sound loops from guns and the demons in game. It was obvious at the end they were just trying to push the ps3 version out the door then get the whole game out.
    word up , i also cancel my preorder for dc universe online after seeing how its based on ps3 controls and its made for console feel, after testing out rifts beta 4, i knew i made the right choice to drop dc online for rift

I was in the DCUO beta for a few weeks, and am going to be honest here; it was a fun game. Completely different play style from Rift, definitely new and feels the "action mmo" part, but it wasn't for me. After playing the Rift beta, DCUO just felt..eh. I didn't see that lasting for too long.
    "The composure of my soul is harmonized by the sounds that travel into me." - Born of Osiris

I tried playing both COx and CO and couldnt get into either one of them to save my life. lol So when I heard of DCUO it didnt even cause a blip on my interest radar.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Champion of Telara Nightbringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    I tried playing both COx and CO and couldnt get into either one of them to save my life. lol So when I heard of DCUO it didnt even cause a blip on my interest radar.
    I'm playing CoX right now. It's a very good game for someone with a bad case of altitis.
    The greatest mistake wizards make is to think they can change the world
    The greatest mistake the gods make is to allow a few of them to get away with it.

I'm playing DCUO right now; bought it on a whim to see how it is. I'm probably going to stick around until the free month runs out, but I can't see myself staying for longer than that. I suppose it's entertaining enough, but once the novelty wears off I fear there won't be enough substance there to hold my interest.
    "...sometimes a single act can be so evil it can curse the world, unraveling the future"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    I'm playing CoX right now. It's a very good game for someone with a bad case of altitis.
    I think my problem is that Im not a superhero fanatic. I never was much into x-men or batman or superman... I saw all the old Superman movies and all the batman movies, but thats where my interest stops.

COX is a good game, I had fun in it while it kept my attention, but fantasy is my favourite.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by lisha View Post
    I wanted to try out DCUO, but reading the forums right before launch and then afterward made me realize it was a good move not to waste the money. Trion gets uber props for not releasing a game WAY before it's ready, like DC did. How many people logged on that first day and got crashes and bugs and thought "oh man I'm SO glad I just fronted $60 for this game, hooray!"
    actually, I was in dc beta prior to my invite to rift. The game, if it is aimed at superhero loving comic book readers or people under 12 years old, is great. It was not the thing for me being a fantasy MMORPG guy.

The game does introduce a number of fun things I would love to see in other mmorpgs though.

1) interactive environments- you can pick up cars and throw them, destroy buildings, etc.....
    2)an interesting skill system that uses your method of movement as combat, kinda like if you fly you get a skillset, if you like to run you get a skillset.
    3)the storyline and voiceovers were done correctly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast