+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73

Thread: Another New computer build inspection

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default Another New computer build inspection

    Hello i like Rift alot was wondering if this computer is a good build for all max everything

    Case 1 x NZXT Alpha Gaming Case-Black
    Case Lighting 0 x None-
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction 0 x None-
    iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion 0 x None-
    Processor 1 x Intel® Core™ i7 950 Processor (4x 3.06GHz/8MB L3 Cache)-
    iBUYPOWER PowerDrive 0 x None-
    Processor Cooling 1 x Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1366]-[Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
    Memory 1 x 12 GB [2 GB X6] DDR3-1333-** FREE Upgrade to DDR3-1600 ** Corsair or Major Brand
    Video Card 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB-Single Card
    Video Card Brand 1 x Major Brand Powered by ATI or NVIDIA-
    Motherboard 1 x [SLI] ASUS Sabertooth X58-
    Motherboard USB / SATA Interface 1 x Motherboard default USB / SATA Interface-
    Power Supply 1 x 800 Watt -- Standard-
    Primary Hard Drive 1 x 40 GB Intel X25-V MLC SSD-Single Drive
    Data Hard Drive 1 x 640 GB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s-Single Drive
    Optical Drive 1 x 24X Sony Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive-Black
    2nd Optical Drive 0 x None-
    Flash Media Reader / Writer 0 x None-
    Meter Display 0 x None-
    Sound Card 1 x Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE-
    Network Card 1 x Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100)-
    Operating System 1 x None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only-
    Monitor 0 x None-
    2nd Monitor 0 x None-
    Speaker System 1 x iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System-
    Headset 0 x None-
    Video Camera 0 x None-
    Warranty 1 x Standard Warranty Service-Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support
    Rush Service 1 x Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee)-No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days
    Subtotal* $1655.00 (plus tax & shipping)

  2. #2
    Plane Touched Irascible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere.
    Posts
    237

    Default

    There is no reason to have 12 GB of ram for gaming. But yeah, I imagine that'll run it fine.
    Last edited by Irascible; 01-16-2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
    Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    8GB 1600MHz RAM
    120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    hmm the 12 gigs is over kill hua

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Playerdrm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Yeah the 12gigs is really over kill for gaming as others have pointed out.
    I would also get the i7-2600k http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-070-_-Product Really no reason not to go with a sandy bridge if your going Intel

    Also if you buying that from ibuypower I would read up on building it yourself and save some money. Building a computer really isnt hard think of it as an adult lego set.
    Last edited by Playerdrm; 01-16-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Writing in English is the most ingenious torture ever devised for sins committed in previous lives. The English reading public explains the reason why.
    James Joyce

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    alright il try to build one on new egg

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    i save a little bit not very much maybe its this better cpu you added for me this is what i have so far im having troubles finding the operating system HD because im not sure if my data drive(thedrive with operating system on it) needs to be super fast like my gaming one does..

    HARDDRIVE (gaming) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    VIDEO EVGA 015-P3-1583-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) Black Ops Edition 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    SOUND Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM

    POWER SUPPLY FSP Group Everest 85PLUS 800 800W ATX v2.3 / EPS v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

    MEMORY CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3A1600C9

    MOTHERBAORD ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

    COOLING Thermaltake AF0026 Smart Blue LED 120mm Fan with Speed control knob
    CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling (ALC)

    Tell me what you think thanks for your help too

    http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...px?Submit=view
    Last edited by rgarrett; 01-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant rabb1t's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgarrett View Post
    alright il try to build one on new egg
    You can peep my system's page if you need help.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers


  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I have one more question i watched this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnDc5OqF-A
    the guy says the processor is better with a motherboard with a embedded graphics board and i got this
    and i am not sure if this motherboard is going to fully function with this processor?

    ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgarrett View Post
    i save a little bit not very much maybe its this better cpu you added for me this is what i have so far im having troubles finding the operating system HD because im not sure if my data drive(thedrive with operating system on it) needs to be super fast like my gaming one does..

    HARDDRIVE (gaming) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    VIDEO EVGA 015-P3-1583-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) Black Ops Edition 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

    SOUND Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - OEM

    POWER SUPPLY FSP Group Everest 85PLUS 800 800W ATX v2.3 / EPS v2.92 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

    MEMORY CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3A1600C9

    MOTHERBAORD ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    CPU Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

    COOLING Thermaltake AF0026 Smart Blue LED 120mm Fan with Speed control knob
    CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling (ALC)

    Tell me what you think thanks for your help too

    http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...px?Submit=view
    I believe you actually need to find a motherboard that is 1155 socket if your going to use the new sandy bridge CPU's heres one that i found

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131682

  10. #10
    Rift Master Grev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    676

    Default

    ibuypower.com and cyberpowerpc.com have "Sandy Bridge" PC-builds up and going. (like the Paladin 810). You will probably find (as i did) that you actually dont save much by buying the parts from newegg and assemble the rig youreself. Unless you actually like to assemble ure own rig, it may be worth 50 bucks + to get some (as the mentioned companies) to do it for you.
    Originally Posted by Cactuschef

    Souls:
    Fixed a problem where you could combine certain talents for a useful result.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Greengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Western Siberia
    Posts
    195

    Default

    HARDDRIVE (gaming) Western Digital Caviar Black WD6402AAEX 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

    That sucks. SSD better!

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    201

    Default

    So to clarify the processor requires this kind of motherboard which is a bit cheaper
    ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    this motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    instead of this one?
    and i dont know what you mean by that hard drive sucks what is SDD

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara IceDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    663

    Default

    For sound card, never go creative. Go with asus, they are a lot better with higher quality and better drivers.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rgarrett View Post
    So to clarify the processor requires this kind of motherboard which is a bit cheaper
    ASUS P8P67 PRO LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    this motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X58 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    instead of this one?
    and i dont know what you mean by that hard drive sucks what is SDD
    Yes you will need that motherboard in order to use the Sandy Bridge CPU. I don't have any personal experience with the motherboard I linked but the reviews are pretty good and ASUS is generally a pretty high quality company.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Georgia USA
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grev View Post
    ibuypower.com and cyberpowerpc.com have "Sandy Bridge" PC-builds up and going. (like the Paladin 810). You will probably find (as i did) that you actually dont save much by buying the parts from newegg and assemble the rig youreself. Unless you actually like to assemble ure own rig, it may be worth 50 bucks + to get some (as the mentioned companies) to do it for you.
    you are exactly right. I am building one like..

    - NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case (White probably)
    - Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (4x 3.30GHz/6MB L3 Cache) (going to get a buddy to O/C it for me)
    - Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System
    - 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX Technology Memory (will upgrade to 8gb if needed)
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 - 1.2GB - EVGA Superclocked
    - [SLI] ASUS P8P67 PRO -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth
    - 850 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-850TX (thinking of going with 1200 Watt -- CoolerMaster RSC00-80GAD3-US for a possible sli 570 setup soon)
    - 1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s
    - NO SSD because they are useless to me imho (for the price anyway)
    - 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive
    - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    - Total is around $1400

    its only going to cost me about $100 more than building it myself. I can spare the extra change for less of a headache
    Last edited by Exclusive; 01-17-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    <img src=http://i35.tinypic.com/25z3xpe.jpg border=0 alt= />

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts