+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What if it were Like This...?

Default What if it were Like This...?

You know sometimes analogies can be very enlightening and interesting. We all know that WoW is the world's finest and most well tuned mmo. Sort of like a beautiful actress with a nice voice and a grand backing with some history. But...what if... Rift: Planes of Telara were the Susan Boyle this year?

I have NEVER been so overwhelmed with emotion when a dear friend of mine sent me this youtube last year and it is one song i just can NEVER tired of listening to. Just to see Simon's face change, the one guy you'd probably like to punch out because well he just seems the professional jerk when it comes to things like this. Now transform this thinking for just a bit to the gaming industry. The world is watching and waiting..up steps Scott and the boys and they unfurl Rift in all it's glory...

I know ALL of you have seen this, but I can't help but give this to each of you again, but this time Rift = Susan, and simon is that large group of bored mmo doubters,,,ya know the ones that keep saying it's a WoW clone...well..I don;t think so...

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
    Enjoy

Alyn
    Last edited by Alyndale56; 01-16-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Wouldn't we like to admit.."no one's laughing at you now, Rift!" Truly dreams can come true, it's just up to us, the community!

Alyn

Quote Originally Posted by Alyndale56 View Post
    We all know that WoW is the world's finest and most well tuned mmo. Sort of like a beautiful actress with a nice voice and a grand backing with some history.
    wow. big ball of fire outside. go enjoy it.

RIFT as Susan Boyle? Interesting analogy. I disagree however as most people are saying positive things about RIFT before the release. The hype is good. Expectations are high. Susan Boyle had no expectations from anyone.

Soulwalker

Not so sure i agree with WoW being the "finest and well tuned" mmo lol...all it's achieved is popularity for young kids, the graphics suck and the gameplay in general sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marz View Post
    RIFT as Susan Boyle? Interesting analogy. I disagree however as most people are saying positive things about RIFT before the release. The hype is good. Expectations are high. Susan Boyle had no expectations from anyone.
    I had no expectations, really.

Then I got into Beta 4. Unsubbed from WoW and stopped caring about TOR the next day.

I've been searching for a home for years. I've found one.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Ascendant

I use the analogy that WoW is like McDonald's fast food.. Sure its quick & convenient and pretty satisfying if your hungry.. But in the end all it is is crappy food that is unhealthy for you..

Just cause McDonald's is probably the worlds most popular restaurant doesn't mean its better than a fine restaurant..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

+ Reply to Thread