+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to play Vanguard while waiting for beta 5

Default Going to play Vanguard while waiting for beta 5

I'm bored so downloading Vanguard to play for a week, I haven't played it since september 2007 anyone know what's changed, i went to there official forum but couldn't find much info.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrazor View Post
    I'm bored so downloading Vanguard to play for a week, I haven't played it since september 2007 anyone know what's changed, i went to there official forum but couldn't find much info.
    Only one server, very few people (3000~?) play now.

Such a shame as well, but, yeah.

Thoroughly against a *cross-server* dungeon finder.

yea Vanguard...I had such high hopes for Vanguard....

Never stopped playing Vanguard and I won't stop just because Rift releases. Whichever one I like better will be the one I play most.
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

I missed the boat on Vanguard and feel sorry I did

I was put of recently by the lack of attention SOE have towards it and from what I read there is only one dev now fixing things although hes even MIA currently.
    Last edited by C00lit; 01-16-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C00lit View Post
    I missed the boat on Vanguard and feel sorry I did

I was put of recently by the lack of attention SOE have towards it and from what I read there is only one dev now fixing things although hes even MIA currently.
    I dunno. I never really had any problems with it, and I still don't. I have a great time very time I log in, so how many people are working on the game means nothing to me.
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

General of Telara

I loved Vanguard, it has been my favorite MMO for gameplay - particularly the combat (probably why I was so happy to see a Global Cooldown in Rift). To be honest, if Vanguard had a future I would have stayed with it, but its awful coding at release left it on the back foot, and then Sony took over and put it in cruise control accepting its fate. So once I reached max lvl and had done all there was to do I moved on - with such little support new and exciting content was not exactly being rushed out
    Really is one of the most underrated MMOs though
    Last edited by Asteldian; 01-16-2011 at 02:18 PM.

If they only put off the release for another year, that could of been the best MMO since EQ.

It had EVERYTHING I ever dreamed a MMO could have, I had so much fun sailing around on my boat, omg what an amazing game. It could of been so great....
    Fallout Clan - Briarcliff

Wish they would make that game f2p, never thought I would say that about any game ever. But I want to play it, but it so isnt worth paying for for many reasons.

Champion

Vanguard is an absolutely fantastic game that was booted out the door six months into the pregnancy.

Now that they've fixed almost all of the bugs, done some polishing, etc., it is amazing. Unfortunately the utter catastrophe that was the launch forever squelched any potential resurgence - the stigma left is too strong. I frequently wonder what would happen if they rebranded, remarketed, and relaunched the game after somehow making sure none of the gaming sites would start screaming about how it was just Vanguard renamed.

Send anyone from TASC tell - we are still playing VG as well and would be more than happy to group with you!
    "That which is beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."

T A S C'S Guild FAQ

Anything touched by SoE I try to avoid.

Edit: Fixed
    Last edited by FoolishLobster; 01-16-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Ascendant

Vanguard was good while it was actually a live game.. But i wish people would just let it die already so we can have closure (its not conscious and it's on life support).. Pretending its alive is disrespectful of the dead..

It did have alot of potential but obviously had a rocky start.. IMHO it was the last hope for an actual EQ type of MMO that wasn't dumbed down for the masses & focused heavily on exploration rather than being routed from quest hub to quest hub. It had a huge world to support a large variety of players too.. There was always something to do if you weren't raiding or max level (craft/ diplomacy etc)

But sadly the bugs never got fixed, the servers got neglected. They didn't think through class revamps.. And killed it dead

/mourn Vanguard
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishLobster View Post
    Anything developed by SoE I try to avoid.

Good news then, vanguard was NOT developed by SOE.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rosspring View Post
    Good news then, vanguard was NOT developed by SOE.
    Was published by SOE though (after Microsoft dropped it) .. SOE got it for a steal when it was in Beta (when honestly it should have been in alpha)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast