Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Are You Leaving Rift for SW:TOR?

I might take a break from Rift and join the darkside, level up all the way, play a bit, then possibly come back to Rift?

The thing about mmo's is they kinda get boring. This has been the case for all the ones I've played at least. You raid, or dungeon, or do pvp and get gear upgrades and it's the same gerbil wheel over and over. It seems like swtor has a really good story though. It's so well done that it allows you to play as a single player experience in an mmo (which is both good and bad depending on how you look at it).

After I'm maxed out in swtor and get the feeling of "been there, done that", then I dunno if it's Rift or Swtor then. I guess I'll have to see who has the least amount of recycled and gerbil wheel content at that point.

I'll be honest- I haven't even looked at it.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
    >_

Quote Originally Posted by Zhedi View Post
    While the content/level design is very impressive, the textures and graphic details are awful. I was very impressed to see how huge and well designed Coruscant is, but the lack of details and the very low quality textures gave me the impression of a dead city, a city made by some machines for machines. And even with these low quality graphics and the lack of details, the game is very resource hungry.
    STOP JUDGING THE GRAPHICS OF A BETA. Please stop this, Bio-ware have stated many times that this weekend was primarily about Server stress testing, in game ticket testing, login throttling etc...etc... The game client was STRIPPED down, so no AA and missing a LOT of textures/polish. They didn't want players having to do monster downloads so I think they stripped 10Gb from the download...
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Nope played Rift since the first beta and dont intend on leaving.I remember the hype surrounding WAR from EA, i wont fall for it again even with some of the good press its been getting maybe ill try it once i see some good money being put back into the game after launch and bugs being fixed swiftly.

For now im going to stay with Rift

I played the beta with a friend and we had a blast. The stories were a lot of fun, we both played CoH so the combat system (with no auto-attack) was familiar to us, and I liked the classes (the jedi consular/sith inquisitor might have been written for my tastes specifically).

The graphics were not too hot, but some video options were disabled and the high res textures are not in the current beta client so the final product can only look better. I like the art styles and don't really grok why people say it is cartoony. Character appearance is not as good as AoC (the best MMO character graphics that I know of) but they are good enough. Character customization is adequate, the options are better than in WoW but less than RIFT; on the other hand I was able to create characters I liked looking at so that is all that really matters.

As I am not playing on a PIII hooked to the internet by a dixie cup and string the game performed quite well, I had no more lag than I run into in RIFT or LotRO.

I pre-ordered the game today and will split my time between SWTOR and RIFT.
    I live my life with bold enthusiasm tempered by the hope that when I die it won't be reported in News of the Weird or the Darwin Awards.

Visit the scenic Isle of Langerhans dimension, Faeblight server.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We have tons of similar discussions. Let's keep it to as few threads as possible, Like this one:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...blic-beta.html

We have closed this thread. If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thanks!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6