+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They got what they deserved?

Default They got what they deserved?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...account-hacks/

I am in no way saying hacking is the right thing to do, but more people need to do things like this.

Hmm.. Well he has issues with the company itself, he didn't have to ruin the accounts of other innocent players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Hmm.. Well he has issues with the company itself, he didn't have to ruin the accounts of other innocent players.
    What better way to get back at the company you have issues with, then to attack where they make their money?

Not really
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Quote Originally Posted by Musufasa101 View Post
    What better way to get back at the company you have issues with, then to attack where they make their money?
    Yes, but there have to be other ways to go about doing that rather than screwing millions of fellow players. That's the point I'm trying to make.

F2P games are well known for their ****ty tech support and player abuse. I don't like hacking either, but I'm glad someone did decide to stand up to the company, even if I don't agree with the method.
    Last edited by Nero; 01-16-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Power to the People!

No longer will the corporate elite be allowed to run rough-shot over the masses.

This is a new age of cyber warfare and the "powers that be" better soon get wise to that fact.

Im not agreeing that these ends justify the means in any way but im sure it got their attention
    and it just might make them think twice before "sticking it to the little guy".

./rant

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Power to the People!

Im not agreeing that these ends justify the means in any way but im sure it got their attention
    and it just might make them think twice before "sticking it to the little guy".

./rant
    ...or, more likely, it will cause legitimate companies with great ideas for games to decide it just isn't worth it to develop said games.

This isn't 'power to the people'. It's just individuals trying to take power from other individuals, and hurting innocent bystanders in the process. While it might seem like they're sticking it to the man, it's ultimately causing both sides to dig in, and nothing ever truly gets resolved in the end.

If you don't like a game, it makes more sense to simply not pay for it. Move on and do something else already. There's plenty of other things to do after all.

I remember a scorned GM in EQ1 started summoning dozens of players to Sleeper's Tomb(I think?) and binding them right there, which put the players in a death loop as they were bound in front of a boss or something.

It's been a while since I read it, so some details might be off, but that's the basic idea.

Disgruntled employees can always find ways to hurt the company. Not that I'm condoning it.

Djevik

PS: Yes, not the same as a paying customer striking back.
    Last edited by Djevik; 01-16-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: PS note.

there are opportunities to express discontent that do not have to involve destructive action.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Musufasa101 View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01...account-hacks/

I am in no way saying hacking is the right thing to do, but more people need to do things like this.
    lol i ROFL'd as a past RoM player, that company so deserved this. Also Frogster, same publisher that brought you RoM is bringing you TERA so all you fans that want to play TERA... keep that in mind.
    Rival
    Guild: OG Cori
    Server: Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by Typha View Post
    lol i ROFL'd as a past RoM player, that company so deserved this. Also Frogster, same publisher that brought you RoM is bringing you TERA so all you fans that want to play TERA... keep that in mind.
    you're kidding right (sarcasm? wow, im never touching tera then

It's funny that someone who obviously has so much talent with computers to even be able to do that goes and wastes it, but back on topic if i were the company I'd just be glad the hacker didn't do anything more severe as it's obvious he could've...

+ Reply to Thread