+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will RIFT last .... I sure Hope so!

Default Will RIFT last .... I sure Hope so!

i do have high hopes in this game, after playing RIFT beta's it does suck you in..

Speaking for aion, If NCsoft worked on ENDGAME for aion it would have succeded, But they didnt so it is now pretty much dead.

We have alot of new MMOs that even without playing, looking or even thikning about will take it over..

#1 - is Gw2 it has the crowd already so they dont need to IMpress anyone.. Which is sad..

#2 - Star wars.. Same again it has such a big crowd, it wont matter ONE tiny bit if the game sucks balls, IT will still have massive numbers.

#3 - Tera - It already has people hooked in because of the new style of gameplay,

and these are just the starters.. ( kinda scary )

So is it safe to say.. RIFT will only be a filler? Or can i be completly wrong and have EVERYONE say that! (hopes so :P)

Or am i going to be one of the last people on this game running around looking for a person to speak. play or even SEE..

Everyones ops would be good, But i sure hope this game succeeds in what Most don't!!

i really just dont hope it will lose its numbers like aion did..
    You can edit this Signature by going into your settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumleach View Post
    i do have high hopes in this game, after playing RIFT beta's it does suck you in..

Speaking for aion, If NCsoft worked on ENDGAME for aion it would have succeded, But they didnt so it is now pretty much dead.

We have alot of new MMOs that even without playing, looking or even thikning about will take it over..

#1 - is Gw2 it has the crowd already so they dont need to IMpress anyone.. Which is sad..

#2 - Star wars.. Same again it has such a big crowd, it wont matter ONE tiny bit if the game sucks balls, IT will still have massive numbers.

#3 - Tera - It already has people hooked in because of the new style of gameplay,

and these are just the starters.. ( kinda scary )

So is it safe to say.. RIFT will only be a filler? Or can i be completly wrong and have EVERYONE say that! (hopes so :P)

Or am i going to be one of the last people on this game running around looking for a person to speak. play or even SEE..

Everyones ops would be good, But i sure hope this game succeeds in what Most don't!!

i really just dont hope it will lose its numbers like aion did..
    I have been thinking about this alot lately too and I think if managed right rift will be on top.
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Quote Originally Posted by Onarye View Post
    I have been thinking about this alot lately too and I think if managed right rift will be on top.
    Yeah, As i say if the game does get the STUFF in the first 2-4 months it will get there imho

also.. if it doesnt get up and go within that time, other MMOs will have come out and us rift players will lose so many people because of this.. They need to focus on getting the game going up pretty much straight away or they just wont stand a chance.. But thats more of a FEAR then anything i hope this game goes VERY far.

Ascendant

Im pretty sure Rfit is going to make it but it needs to sell 500k+.

I think this is a good time for new MMO's. More and more I see people getting tired of WoW and looking for an alternative. The only problem is we have been brainwashed into believing that an MMO needs 10 million subs to be a success. So when an MMO launches, and doesn't automatically shoot to the top, people just go "lol fail" and go back to w/e they were doing before.

Before World of Warcraft came along, an MMO with 300k subs was a blockbuster. So anything reaching 1 or 2 million in todays market should technically be considered great.

All this said, I can legitimately see in the next 3 years or so, the MMO market change to where there are maybe 4 or 5 viable, highly populated games, with each having 1-3 million subs respectively. And I think Rift has as good a chance as any to be one of them.

I also see GW2 as one of those games. And of course WoW still being there. However the others I don't think we know yet. Tera is promising but as a Korean based MMO being "Westernized", I have a feeling it won't appeal to a lot of the people that are currently looking forward to it. SWtOR, as well seems to be just an internal disaster. From all the whispers coming from the insiders, it looks like it is going to be another 3&out type launch.
    Last edited by Nikkoleth; 01-16-2011 at 07:26 AM.
    WoW is like Facebook, it was cool till you saw your grandma on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumleach View Post
    Yeah, As i say if the game does get the STUFF in the first 2-4 months it will get there imho

also.. if it doesnt get up and go within that time, other MMOs will have come out and us rift players will lose so many people because of this.. They need to focus on getting the game going up pretty much straight away or they just wont stand a chance.. But thats more of a FEAR then anything i hope this game goes VERY far.
    Yup just cant fail like aion did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkoleth View Post
    I think this is a good time for new MMO's. More and more I see people getting tired of WoW and looking for an alternative. The only problem is we have been brainwashed into believing that an MMO needs 10 million subs to be a success. So when an MMO launches, and doesn't automatically shoot to the top, people just go "lol fail" and go back to w/e they were doing before.

Before World of Warcraft came along, an MMO with 300k subs was a blockbuster. So anything reaching 1 or 2 million in todays market should technically be considered great.

All this said, I can legitimately see in the next 3 years or so, the MMO market change to where there are maybe 4 or 5 viable, highly populated games, with each having 1-3 million subs respectively. And I think Rift has as good a chance as any to be one of them.

I also see GW2 as one of those games. And of course WoW still being there. However the others I don't think we know yet. Tera is promising but as a Korean based MMO being "Westernized", I have a feeling it won't appeal to a lot of the people that are currently looking forward to it. SWtOR, as well seems to be just an internal disaster. From all the whispers coming from the insiders, it looks like it is going to be another 3&out type launch.
    Tera is crap

I'm sure RIFT will do just fine. If anything, I'm sure it will have many enough players to keep the game going with updates and stuff. What I'm more excited and maybe nervous about, is if many enough people will stay to actually have a varied and large community.
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx View Post
    I'm sure RIFT will do just fine. If anything, I'm sure it will have many enough players to keep the game going with updates and stuff. What I'm more excited and maybe nervous about, is if many enough people will stay to actually have a varied and large community.
    Most games revolve around community so yes.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkoleth View Post

Thats way high 500k is good. Its just stupid to think MMORPG market is alive and well. If SOE didnt get lets say 1mill sale with DCUO its really confirmed, so what Ive seen it isnt 500k no way. We're really DOOMED Im not kidding and Bioware is going to pay the biggest price.
    Last edited by June; 01-16-2011 at 07:59 AM.

I think Rift won't follow in Aion's path and have a real bad end game.

What I'm worried about to some degree is the big dynamic game engine being the Rifts themselves. They are all cool and hype now, but I'm hoping that they won't become boring and a nuisance later on. Basically when everyone first starts out, there is going to be a lot of rift raid groups. What happens when the mass is high level and the amount of lowbies/midbies have lower amount of players. Will the Rift's make it harder for the casual gamer who is slow in leveling, or people coming from other new MMO's and want to try RIFT. If I first came to a new MMO and found out that 90% of my quest hubs are overtaken and no-one is really around to help, I wouldn't be keeping my subscription.

If they can keep the rifting/invasions + w/e comes out of these things entertaining, constantly world interactive, I think this game won't just be a filler. It will be a keeper that will at least see an expansion or two.
    Last edited by Zethex; 01-16-2011 at 08:01 AM.

I hope so.. i really od haha

GW2 should be solid and I plan to purchase it, but being buy2play makes it (for me) just a supplement to my p2p game. No interest at all in TOR. Tera has nice models and armor, I love asian graphics. It will fail in western market just like all those before it, though.

Plane Touched

#1 GW2 is free, i will play both. GW2 AND rift. *EDIT* Also the development of Gw2 seems to be frozen, they are also hiring new personel. So it will be awhile before this comes out.
    #2 Teras new combat style will get old. Look what happened to AoC despite all the bugs the game had potential. Combat system isn't enough to get people hooked for a long period of time.
    #SW:TOR will have star wars fan on their side and Bioware. But i'm afraid this game will concentrate way too much on the voice acting, we will just have to wait and see.

While Rift is:

-Going for old MMORPG:ers. From EQ/EQ2, VG, Vanilla wow (The commercial which was meant for those people) and such.
    -New unique world with an awesome dev. team.
    -Cleaned out beta already and the dev. team will make sure the customers are happy.
    -Classic mmo which everyone is familiar with. This has people already hooked.

Sure Rift has it's advantages and disadvantages but i'm just stating out the reasons why rift will be here for a longer time.
    Last edited by Torguish; 01-19-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torguish View Post
    While the game might not be a mindblower for the ''epicest mmo searchers'' it's certainly is for me. The game is exactly what you want from a mmorpg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyloh View Post
    I think we have witnessed the birth of a new word people ... I give you: "EPICEST"!
    My rogue build! High survivability dps build - The Dueler

tbh, these days, i consider an MMO a success if it manages to garner my subscription fee after the included game time in the retail box.

Out of all my last 5 MMO's (LotRO, AoC, WAR, Aion, STO) only RIFT has managed to do that, just off the back of my experiences in Beta 4.

Will it do me for years to come? who knows. I've played Guildwars for years (though truth be told, only PvP, and more out of sheer genre boredom than any overiding factor) so will purchase Guildwars2 by default. Archage also looks fantastic. TERA looks like Aion 1.9 and i won't be going there at all.

I tend to come and go from this genre having experienced so many failures. Lowering my expectations has alleviated the dissapointment, not that i'm saying RIFT is below or above par. I also have the luxury of not riding the WoW bandwagon for the last few years, so RIFT to me, is enjoyable, regardless if it's groundbreaking or the same old same old.
    Last edited by rifty; 01-19-2011 at 06:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast